Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

The Talk- Part 4

"Secrets are like lies. Eventually, the truth of light exposes everything."

25
24 Comments 24
3.4k Views 3.4k
4.8k words 4.8k words

 

It was impossible to focus at work. My thoughts continually drifted to the revelations I’d discovered about my wife. I was so preoccupied with all the events happening around me, I had little time to digest it all. I had reassured Marika I loved her and that finding out she was a porn actress didn’t change but we both knew that wasn’t completely true. There was no possible way I could view her in the same light ever again.

While I was struggling to focus on the stack of work I’d let pile up, my mobile phone rang. It was Marika. I hesitated before picking up.

“Hi.”

“I called between clients,” she urgently said. “I’m concerned about you, Jack. How you doin’?”

“As well as can be expected. It’s been a lot to process,” I lamented.

“I’m sorry, but I had a lot to hide. When Andre threatened to expose me, I took the coward’s way out, thinking I could hide my past if I just did what he offered. I didn’t know what else to do and I still don’t.”

“Could we talk tonight at home? I’m swamped with work. We’ll work things out. What he’s done to you won’t go unanswered.”

“Yeah, see you tonight. I don’t feel much like cooking. Does Chinese sound okay?”

“Fine—whatever. One more thing… if I were to contact Andre, how would I do it?”

“Jack, no! I won’t tell you. He’ll hurt you. I knew how’d you react if you discovered my sordid past. I was even willing to give you up to keep you safe. Andre is a dangerous man.”

“No one is untouchable. We’ll talk this evening. I really do have to run.”

 

*****

 

Towards the end of the day I was feeling good about the progress I’d made at work, despite my compromised emotional state. I had taken mental notes about how to proceed with my personal dilemma, but as a practiced attorney, I knew it all hinged on the amount of information gathered. For the time being, I had squat. Knowledge is power, and I felt powerless. All that was about to change when Doug knocked on my door. He looked as if he was about to burst. 

“Do you have a few minutes?” he asked.

“Of course. Have you made a little progress?”

“I did—more than a little.” He seated himself across my desk and said, “This guy has a lot to hide and doesn’t do it well. He’s got a rap sheet like an encyclopedia. To start, his name is not Andre Hearst. His birth name is Joey Johnson, also known as J.J. and another dozen aliases. He’s served time in jail for everything from petty larceny to counterfeiting. What’s more interesting are the number of times he was arrested and let go. It appears he’s got some very good legal representation or some friends in high places, or both.”

“I’ve seen this before with paid government informants and witnesses for the prosecution. What about his pornography business?” I asked.

“Well, that’s where it gets interesting. He’s neither a producer nor a director. He’s more like a… talent scout.”

“An agent?”

“That’s a nice name for it. He lures in unsuspecting girls into the porn business with promises of modeling careers and lucrative salaries. He seduces them into signing contracts, and before they know it, millions of men are watching them literally screw their life away. Is that why you gave me that website for Misty? Are you representing her?”

“Yeah, you might say that, but not through the firm—it’s pro bono.”

“I have to say, she’s one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen. Intoxicating to watch… from what little I saw, of course.”

“I suggest you leave it be. Your wife wouldn’t be happy if she caught you, uh… researching this at home.”

“You’re right.” Doug sighed. “Just between you and me, I wouldn’t mind if you gave me more cases like this.” He chuckled.  “By the way, I sent all my findings to your private email account. Call me if you need further help.”

“Thanks, Doug. Before I review it, can I ask if you found any direct contact information?”

“Just his advertising phone. He lists no address. The fixed line listed is a payphone outside of a downtown bar. I suspect the other number is a burner that will probably go straight to voicemail.” He stood up and walked toward the door.

I was so preoccupied, I forgot it was my turn to pick up Timmy from extended care at his kindergarten. I tossed the information into my briefcase and flew out of the building.

 

*****

 

I drove like a maniac trying to get there on time, but the traffic was brutal. When I finally got to my son’s school, I saw Marika’s car in the parking lot. I was under an hour late. On my way to the classroom, I could see them walking toward me. As soon as Timmy saw me, he bolted from his mom and jumped into my arms.

“Miss Mathews was helping me cut out Val-a-times. Here’s yours.” Timmy beamed, proudly holding up a wrinkled heart.

“This is the best valentine I’ve ever had.”

Marika’s frown told me she wasn’t a happy camper. I bent over to kiss her, but she turned her head and said, “You’re late.”

“I was in a meeting and got caught in traffic. Thanks for covering for me. Did you call Folly?”

“He called me. We’ll talk later. Right now I have to stop by the market and pick up a few things. Can you take Timmy home?”

“Actually, I have some business I have to deal with. Timmy loves to grocery shop, take him with you,” I suggested.

She looked annoyed but didn’t make a scene.

 

*****

 

I drove by the location Doug had provided on the payphone address. The place looked older than old. It looked like an aged diner in bad need of repair. What it didn’t lack was customers; it was packed. I parked down the block and walked back toward the entrance.

Before I could reach the shabby entrance, a bearded, greasy haired guy stood in front of me and said, “Looking to buy some candy?”

“No, I’m wanting to talk with Andre.”

“Yer a cop?”

“No. It’s just business—strictly business.”

He stepped uncomfortably close and said with fowl breath, “You look like a pig. Show me some ID.”

I reached in my vest pocket and took out my wallet, but before I could show it, he snatched it out of my hand and bolted. Fortunately, a tall black guy intercepted the thief and drug him by his dreadlocks back to me.

He opened my wallet and looked at my identity before handing it over.

“Thank you,” I said.

“You’re welcome, counselor. Why is the ‘famous attorney Jack Thomas’ slumming at our humble establishment?”

“Do I know you?”

“Not really, but I know you.”

“Really? From where?” I asked in confusion.

“Let’s say, it seems we have a mutual acquaintance.”

Suddenly it dawned on me that he was referring to Marika.

“Are you Andre?”

“In the flesh.” He grinned. “How’d you find me?”

“I have my sources. I want to make you a business proposal.”

“A business proposal, eh? In that case, follow me to my office.” He pushed aside the dilapidated screen door and walked in.

I followed him past the bar and pool table to a room in the back. The office looked remarkably business like. Andre sat behind his desk and motioned for me to sit.

This is going remarkably well, I thought.

I assume you came to talk about my favorite girl?” he said, flashing a smug smile.

“Actually, she’s my girl, not yours. We have a wedding certificate to prove it.”

His expression changed to a threatening grimace as he leaned forward saying, “You can wipe your ass with that useless piece of paper. Fuck with me and I’ll float you both in the river. She was mine long before she met your sorry ass.”

“You don’t need to threaten me, I just want to make you a proposal.”

“I’m listening.”

“I want to buy her contract and remove her from all porn sites. How much will that cost?”

“You fucking lawyers think everything has a price. Get the fuck outta here.”

“Come on, you’re a businessman. I can get you forty thousand right away.”

He laughed out loud. “You insult me! And you insult your ‘sweet little darling wife’ by offering that chump change. I got more than that for the weekend she spent on that rich dude’s yacht.”

“W-what?”

“Oh.” Andre sneered. “She didn’t tell you we filmed on location? Her pussy is a fucking gold mine. Idiots like him pay me to be in my movies”—he lit a cigar—“just to be with her. The way I see it, you already stole money from me by knocking her up, fool.”

“Give me a price and let her go.”

“I’ll tell you what, Jack… for a hundred grand she can play ‘house’ with you, but when I have a movie to produce… she’s mine. Just don’t knock her up again or there will be consequences. That’s my offer.”

I was about to say something when he shifted in his chair, exposing the pistol butt in his waistband. I decided to walk away and live to fight another day.

 

*****

 

Timmy and I were watching Frozen for the umpteenth time when Marika came in carrying a grocery bag in both arms. I scrambled off the couch to help. She was gone for quite a while for just two bags.

I knew that she was still upset with me for not telling her where I’d gone, so I held my tongue and decided not to interrogate her. 

“Did you eat?” she asked.

“Yeah, we had leftover spaghetti and meatballs. Can I fix you a plate? Only two meatballs left, though.”

“Okay, that’ll be heavenly. I’m going up to change. Could you put the groceries away?” She headed to the bedroom without waiting for an answer.

After putting Timmy to bed and reading him another chapter of Call of the Wild, I turned on his night light and softly shut his door. When I entered the bedroom, Marika was typing away on her laptop, wearing her thin summer nightgown. She looked good enough to eat.

I silently undressed down to my shorts and picked up her discarded clothes along the way to the hamper.

She glanced over at me and giggled. “Jack, I bet your tidiness drove your brothers nuts.”

“Someone has to be responsible.” I smirked. “Come to bed. We need to discuss some things.” I turned off the lamp, leaving the only light coming from her laptop screen. As I slipped into bed, I put my arm around my wife’s shoulder and pulled her against me.

“We need to talk,” I said softly.

“About?”

“Marika, I saw Andre today.”

There was a deafening silence before she replied, “You said you wouldn’t.”

“I couldn’t passively sit back and let him control our lives.”

“Well, he didn’t kill you—that’s a good thing. What happened?”

“I offered to buy your contract, if there even is one. I offered him our savings.”

“Let me guess… he said no.”

“You guessed right. He told me that he’ll let us be together as long as you make his movies. That’s not acceptable. I’ll do absolutely anything other than that.”

“He’ll never let me go. You must have found that out. He told me once it’s either porn or he’ll turn me out. There is no escape.”

“I’m going to figure this out. I’ll think of something.”

“Why are you so sweet to me after all I’ve done?” she asked, tearfully.

“I remember pledging for better or worse. I will fight for us. I can’t change the past, but we can change our future.”

“Jack, what happens if our family and friends find out? I’ve got more baggage than a transportation hub. I should just disappear and let you and Timmy have a life.”

“Stop talking like that. Our family loves you, and if our friends judge you then… they’re not our friends. There are thousands of girls out there on Tinder every day giving themselves away to anyone that swipes right on their profile.”

“True, but they’re just sluts, not a whore like me.”

“Don’t be so hard on yourself. Your past is your past. It’s not who you are now.” I kissed her cheek and added, “We’ll figure things out. I need to ask you one more thing… what did Folly say when you talked to him today?”

“Nothing much. He said he put my case was on hold until they have more evidence or when I regain my memory. Jack, it’s best for everyone if we just drop this whole thing. If you confront Andre again, he’ll do something really bad to us. He says that I owe him at least five more movies or the equivalent in cash for the money he advanced me.”

“He advanced you money? You borrowed money from the…?  Why didn’t you tell me this before?” I asked, feeling frustrated.

“I was hoping to settle it myself. This isn’t your responsibility.”

Bahiti
Online Now!
Lush Cams
Bahiti

“Hogwash! We’re in this together. How much are we talking about?”

“I really don’t know. It wasn’t like a loan from a bank. He didn’t pay me per movie. At first, he paid me for photos and acting. But when I went to graduate school, he paid for my living expenses and tuition, even though I didn’t perform in any shoots.”

I reached out and closed her laptop. “It’s after midnight. Let’s get some sleep. We’re not going to solve this tonight.”

Marika didn’t reply. Instead, she rolled onto her side and sighed. Like usual, she was out like a light, asleep within minutes. Sleep did not come that easy for me, however. I kept thinking about what to do and why I was so turned on by watching her be used in such a perverse way. Not once had I ever fantasized about sharing her, but now it was constantly on my mind.

I looked over at my slumbering wife, illuminated by the moonlight shimmering through the sheer curtains. She was truly angelic looking. Her soft snoring was almost a purr. I reached over and gently traced the shape of her breast with a feather like touch. She stirred slightly when I circled her nipple. A smile began to form on her mouth as she whispered, “Wanna fool around?”

I bent down and engulfed her nipple in my lips. “Uh huh.”

 

*****

 

Work was hectic. We were in the middle of a business meeting when I felt my phone vibrate in my vest pocket. I ignored it, but a few minutes later it buzzed again.

“Do you need to answer that?” said Bob Elder, president and most senior partner.

I immediately took my phone out and put it on airplane mode. “No, sir. Sorry.” I knew I’d just broken one of Bob’s most sacred rules.

He cleared his throat and replied, “We have one more important piece of business. As you know, we have an open seat for partnership since Charles retired and has gone incognito somewhere in the Bahamas. So, I would like to announce that there is no one more deserving of this promotion than… Jack.”

He stood up and offered his hand. It took a few seconds for what he said to register. I felt like all the blood had drained from my brain. With wobbly knees, I stood up and shook his hand. Everyone politely applauded as I would have done in their place.

“Here’s your first perk,” he said, handing me keys to a brand-new Mercedes.

I looked dumbfounded as Bob added, “Go ahead, Jack. It’s keys to a car. We don’t have an executive washroom.”

Laughter filled the room.

“I… I don’t know what to say, Sir…”

“How about you start by calling me Bob. They will now call you ‘sir.’ You can turn your phone back on and call your wife.”

I made my way out of the conference room through a forest of well-wishers and slaps on the back. I knew there were at least a dozen others that were vying for this position; I was more than familiar with office politics.

“Excuse me, sir, my name is Pennie. I’m your new secretary,” said a curly haired brunette. She was hugging an armful of files and had a beautiful smile.

I shook the fingertips of her right hand and said, “Do you know where my new office is?”

“No, sir, I don’t.”

“That makes two of us.” I looked at the packers that were moving my files out with hand trucks. “I suggest we follow them,” I stated.

We tagged behind the movers, until we had entered the elevator to the north tower. The worker waited for directions, unaware that we were following him.

A man in gray overalls looked at me and held out his hand, saying, “Your key, sir.”

Key? It suddenly dawned on me as I pulled out my new car key and handed it to him. He inserted it into the electronic lock. The digital tag flashed: 2-2-5-0.

“Very good, sir,” he replied.

The 22nd floor was like a foreign country. I had worked at the firm since before I was a grad student, and not once had I ever been up to the upper floors above the clouds. The lower offices were all either cubicles or offices with glass walls and doors. I was used to the hustle of the work floors, but this floor was almost serene; these were completely private suites.

Pennie had a workspace outside my new office. She gratefully dropped her files on her new desk and immediately got to work setting up.

My office was something out of a design magazine. There was a large carved cherry desk in the center of the room with matching bookcases on the walls. They even filled the shelves with a library of the best legal research volumes. I assumed this collection was bequeathed to me by the previous resident of this office. The motorized curtains covered an all glass wall that looked out upon the city with a view that tourists would pay to see.

“That is quite a sight,” Pennie said from behind me.

“I had no idea,” I half whispered to myself.

“Would you like any help in sorting out your office, sir?”

I turned and looked at her carefully for the first time. She was young, short, and pleasant looking; but now that she wasn’t carrying an armload of files, her large chest stood out proudly.

Pennie caught my gaze and said, “Sir? Do you need any further assistance?”

“Uh… what does my schedule look like for the rest of the day?”

“All you have today is an introductory staff meeting in conference room North tower at four, sir.”

“Do you have a list of my new staff members?”

“Just a minute.” She hustled off to her desk.

Within seconds she returned with a list of clerks and a few associates. I looked them over and didn’t recognize any but Greg Campbell. He was an aggressively opportunistic success-starved young attorney that had a reputation for his female conquests—as well as his legal ones.

After my quick examination of the list, I said, “Would you get me HR on the line?”

Pennie did as I asked and connected me right away.

“Mr. Thomas,” said a cheery female voice. “What can we help you with? Are you getting settled in all right?”

“As a senior partner, do I have the ability to choose my own staff?”

“Of course, you do. Are you wanting to revise your staff?”

“You can say that. I’m sending you my own list that includes the workers and supporting staff I’m familiar with, including Doug Mason from research.”

“Mr. Thomas, this is highly unusual. HR uses a complicated algorithm to make sure the best fit of personnel.”

“I use my own algorithm that resides between my ears. The only ones from your list I will retain are my new secretary and Greg Campbell. Please notify those on my list that our orientation meeting will be in my office tomorrow at 9am sharp.”

There was a pause before she replied, “Yes, sir. As you wish.”

I turned to Pennie and said, “Have the maintenance department remove all these couches and replace them with a twelve-seat conference table. This office is now about work.”

“Yes, sir, I will call them immediately. Anything else?”

“Hold all calls. I’m leaving early and will be in early tomorrow.”

 

*****

 

I instinctively walked to my Ford in the parking garage, when it occurred to me that I had a new ride now. I took my new keys and clicked the security button. A beeping sound came from the far end. I couldn’t believe my eyes. I was looking at a Mercedes AMG GT 53 4-door Coupe. It was the most beautiful car I had ever seen.

How’d they know this was my dream car? I wondered, awestruck.

After I transferred some things from my other car, I sat behind the luxuriously wrapped wheel and listened to the introductory tutorial.

An hour later, I pulled into my driveway. My neighbor was working in her yard and gave me the thumbs up when she saw me.

I stepped out and grinned, saying, “Company car.”

The house was empty. Marika wasn’t due to pick up Timmy from daycare for another two hours. I made myself a Manhattan and plopped down in the recliner. I was rethinking my day when I noticed Marika’s laptop on the end table under the newspaper; I remembered her asking about it this morning. My thoughts were still focused on me becoming the youngest senior partner the firm ever had, which included increased responsibilities. In all honesty, I never considered that I was anywhere near a promotion. I was grateful, nonetheless.

Glancing over at the laptop, my thoughts shifted. I was never one to snoop into my wife’s personal things… until now. A battle suddenly began between my curiosity and morality. I resisted the temptation to view Marika’s files because I knew this was a slippery slope. I understood that crossing that line meant there was no going back. I also knew that there were more forms of cheating than sex, but I thought, how could she possibly find out? It was beckoning me.

I typed in her password, not sure of what I might find. The opening screen was a typical OS platform. I clicked on “Photos” and I was pleased to see our family pictures prominently displayed. One photo that caught my attention was a shot of her in a bikini at a beach. What puzzled me was the fact that I hadn’t taken it. At first, I thought it was before we met, but she was wearing wedding rings.

When did she go to the beach without me? And who took the photo? My curiosity was peaked.

I right clicked and saw the photo was dated August 3rd; that was when I was at the seminar in Chicago. The rest of the photos were all recognizable.

Her inbox contained one recent email that appeared to be from a client. Other than that, it was empty. 

Why did she wipe her emails?

The next icon I clicked was a Word Doc file; it was packed with business contracts and other legal files. My next stop was her search history—also wiped clean.

I suddenly heard her car pull up and rushed to replace the notebook back under the paper.

The front door flew open and Marika stomped in screaming, “What the hell are you doing? We can’t afford that car, Jack! I hope you can take it back.”

“Calm down… I was promoted. The car is a perk.”

“Oh my God! No way! They gave you a bonus?”

“Not a bonus… they made me a senior partner.”

Whaaa…? No way!”

“It was a surprise for me, too. There is more than the car, though. I’ve got a luxurious office with my own private secretary and support staff.”

“Secretary? Is she sexy?”

“Really? I just told you I made partner and that’s what concerns you? Not if I’m up to the task of doing the job?”

Marika giggled and replied, “Jack, you will never understand women. I already knew you could do the job.”

“Okay, she’s cute and has big tits, but she doesn’t suck cock nearly as good as you do,” I joked.

Marika punched my shoulder and said, “You ass, I knew you couldn’t resist rubbing my past in my face.”

I recoiled and started to apologize. “I’m… I’m sor—”

“Calm down, I was just kidding.”

“What are you doing home so early?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

“I came to retrieve my laptop—that’s if you are finished with it.”

“I… I… How’d you know?”

“Simple technology, Jack. Every time it’s logged on, I get a signal on my phone. You should get the same app for yourself now that you’re a big shot partner.”

“I’m sorry, Marika. I was wrong to…”

“I can’t believe you’re apologizing to me after all I’ve done to you. I have no more secrets. Anything you want to know, just ask me.”

I ruminated for a few seconds.  “Okay, then answer this—”

“Later,” she cut me off. “Right now, I’ve got to meet a client. Where’s my laptop?”

I reached under the newspaper and retrieved it. She tucked it under her arm and held out her palm. I looked at her quizzically as she said, “Keys. If you think I’m not going to drive your new toy, you’re nuts.”

I reached into my pocket and retrieved the second set of car keys.

Marika smirked and said, “You can relax, I’ll be good. Did you put the child seat in it?”

“Yeah, I did. Drive safe. We’ll finish this conversation tonight.”

 

*****

 

Two hours later, Timmy came bounding through the door screaming, “Daddy, Daddy, look at Mommy’s new car!

Marika smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

After we had a pleasant meal, I cleaned up and Marika put Timmy to bed. I was sitting on the couch watching some reality show when my tired but still gorgeous wife kicked off her shoes, pulled off her dress and tossed it over a chair. She plopped down on the sofa, putting her feet in my lap. I didn’t need to ask what she wanted, I just started massaging the balls of her feet.

She moaned and said, “So, tell me about today. This was quite a surprise.”

“Yeah, it was unexpected. I work hard but I’m clueless to why they promoted me over a dozen more experienced attorneys.”

“What do they expect of you?”

“The strangest thing is that I don’t know. They set me up in a huge office and gave me a staff of assistants I wasn’t familiar with. Plus, according to payroll, my salary has quadrupled.”

“I guess you’ll have to wait until they tell you,” she said, stretching out her leg. “God, that feels so good. I’ve got more places that could use those magic fingers.”

“In that case, let’s take this to the bedroom,” I suggested.

Marika stretched and twisted her neck before getting up. I followed her, picking up her dress.

She stopped short and said, “Would you be a doll and fix us a couple drinks? Try not to spill them this time. I just had the carpet cleaned.”

“Sure, how about I bring you a White Russian?”

“Sounds good… but don’t forget to bring me a drink, too.” She giggled.

 

Published 
Written by ChuckEPoo
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments