Login

What's your favorite zombie movie?

last reply
95 replies
8.1k views
0 watchers
2 likes
0 likes
I just saw World War Z, and it was decent. A new take on a zombie movie, I suppose. Although, the two that are tied, and it looks like they always will be are, Zombieland, and Shaun of the dead. Both perfect 10s, and instant classics too.
0 likes
Night of the Living Dead, the 1968 original that launched the genre. Stark, black and white, and creepy as hell with the gore mostly implied.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Zombieland is definitely my favorite, who doesn't like to see Woody Harrelson fighting zombies
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I love me some zombies - but not all zombie movies have to be with mindless hordes attacking the living. . . they all go toward the 'post apocalyptic' when they do that: where the people hole up in the last known town and make the final stand . . . because the final stand wouldn't be possible when there were fewer zombies and more people (rolleyes)

The Cabinet of Dr Caligari still takes the cake for me.

Love the classics.
0 likes
Quote by Metilda

The Cabinet of Dr Caligari still takes the cake for me.

Love the classics.

I Walked With a Zombie, which features the "Voodoo-style" zombies would fit here, too. I prefer this type, too, really.

Also worth a look in this vein is The Serpent and the Rainbow, which is (very loosely) based on anthropologist Wade Davis' book about his research into Haitian zombie lore. Probably my favorite Wes Craven movie.

I rather rue the explosion in popularity of the "cannibal zombie" genre as it seems to have completely killed off the "dead raised as slaves zombie" variety.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Zombieland. Easy. Never get tired of that.

Followed by Shaun of the Dead.

Absolutely loathe the 28 ____ Later Movies. Cannot abide stupid characters in movies. Which is probably why I hate horror movies in general.
Lurker
0 likes
hehe - Zombieland is great - I do love that one. It has some key 'classic making' concepts: the no-names idea was original to the genre as was the Twinkies thread in it. . . and the rules for survival. . . top rung ideas.

The keys to making a successful story that sticks: giving characters depth by giving them a goal to achieve . . . and their role takes them there.

And of course - it has Woody in a fucking cowboy hat.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Twilight! *Gigglefit* no, seriously, have you seen it? like it's all zombies pretending to be vampires and humans and werewolves and shit! no i am NOT drunk! much!

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Zombieland was great.

The original Night of the Living Dead was as awesome theme for a fraternity party in college. We'd play the movie on all the TVs, dressed & made up like zombies, and have several kegs of beer and smoke some weed. We had a large chocolate and strawberry cake made to look like a human body (kind of) and the rule was you had to eat it with your hands.
Lurker
0 likes
World War Z, Zombieland, Resident Evil trilogy
Lurker
0 likes
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead. Guh, especially Shaun of the Dead. The scene in the bar (when they were hitting the zombie with pool sticks to Queen) is definitely one of my favorite movie scenes ever.

Also, I have a bit of a soft spot for Resident Evil II. I don't even know WHY.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
zombieland shaun of the dead army of darkness and the resident evils
Lurker
0 likes
Shaun Of The Dead. Just brilliant in every way.
Lurker
0 likes
zombieland
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Belthazor
Definitely gonna' go with Warm Bodies. It's adorable. :P

I really want to see this! It's definitely on my need-to-watch list.

Another interesting zombie movie is "Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead". I mean, guh, it's a musical. biggrin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To date, "Day of the Dead" 1985 Romero
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There's Never Really Only ONE Favorite. I'm Going With ANY Zombie Movie That's RATED R!!!
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Emerys

I really want to see this! It's definitely on my need-to-watch list.

Another interesting zombie movie is "Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead". I mean, guh, it's a musical. biggrin

I'll admit, watching Warm Bodies was a guilty pleasure.

You really need to watch it. Now!

And Teresa Palmer is cute as heck. And when she turns on the Aussie accent in interviews, oh boy.
-----

I also liked the first Resident Evil. I'll even admit liking Extinction. I have no idea what RE6 was. Yikes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I Don't Think Any 'Resident Evil' Movie Ever Mentioned The Word Zombie! I Just Wanna Leave That Out There! They're ALL Still GOOD Movies Though!
Lurker
0 likes
only seen one zombie movie "Warm Bodies"
Lurker
0 likes
My favorite is probably the Spanish movie Rec. Evil dead also if you consider it zombies, but technically I don't think it counts since they're demons.
Shaun of the dead for comedy.

Also the last of us has an interesting take on zombies though technically the infected are still alive but have a fungus taking over their bodies.
And deadspace in 2008 is the best zombie story to come out of the 21st century.

Quote by Sssnake
I Don't Think Any 'Resident Evil' Movie Ever Mentioned The Word Zombie! I Just Wanna Leave That Out There! They're ALL Still GOOD Movies Though!

the games typically call them BOW's for bio organic weapons. at least that's the term in the more recent games. the first two movies were spinoffs of the first two games. The rest of the movies have nothing to do with the franchise. Alice doesn't even exist in the games. But I guess the term would apply to the movies as well but they are zombies since the virus reanimates dead tissue. that's more or less the romero zombie.
Lurker
0 likes
I have to agree that Zombieland is a pretty amazing movie! "Double tap!"
Lurker
0 likes
Zombieland, evil dead, Resident Evil trilogy
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
Shaun of the Dead is the zombie film I enjoyed the most. Zombieland was good too. I'm not sure if 28 Days Later counts as a zombie movie, but I liked that one too. The people with the rage weren't the living dead, just victims of the virus.

Of the Romero movies, I liked Dawn of the Dead best. I didn't care much for any of the remakes, and I saw Night of the Living Dead before I was really old enough to appreciate it.

I love zombie films in general though, and I'm pretty easy to please.
[url]http://[/url]
Lurker
0 likes
Scary but funny: Zombieland!