Getting single line spacing

last reply
6 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I just submitted my first stories to Lush and I can't figure out how to reduce them to single line spacing.

I copied and pasted the text from an existing text file and tried to use the "shift+enter" suggestion, but to no avail.

During submission, they all appear single spaced lines within paragraphs, but when viewed as they will appear, they revert to double line which makes them difficult to read and look TERRIBLE !!!

Help will be greatly appreciated.
"Teaching a pig to sing wastes your time and annoys the pig"
Lurker
0 likes
Copy and Paste it to Notepad, then come paste it in here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I already have it in a text program ... like notepad. Do you mean you wish me to post here in the forum? ... that confuses me
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've already uploaded the stories (5) to the site ...
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Pogo123
I already have it in a text program ... like notepad. Do you mean you wish me to post here in the forum? ... that confuses me

No, please do not post any stories inside the forum. We'd like to verify them first.

What kind of 'text program' are you utilizing?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I think he's trying to use the single-line spacing on the Submit page.

You have to highlight the text and hit Shift+Enter.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I knew something wasn't right about posting stories here in the forum...

The program I use and prefer is CWordpad. Made for Win95 and no longer available, but worked fine in 98, 2000 and XP and has excellent features. I've used it successfully for years and wrote my entire website with it.

Thanks for the suggestion, roccotool. I've decided to delete the stories, but I'll remember it if I decide to submit again. Before submitting, I looked at all the info I could find and didn't see the word "highlight" anywhere.