What are your New Year's Resolutions?

last reply
33 replies
3.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I do it every year, but by the end of January most of my good intentions end up out the window.

Apparently it's the same for most of us

http://pittsburgh.about.com/od/holidays/tp/resolutions.htm

Mine this year - exercise more, drink less wine, meet up with friends more often rather than calling / emailing.

What are yours?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mine are the usual.....lol.....work out more, lose weight....oh wait ... I have a new one ...find a boyfriend.
Lurker
0 likes
But... But... I thought I was your boyfriend. Sheesh...this has to have been one of the shortest relationships I've ever had.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My resolutions for this year? Write less, drink more wine, give up exercise entirely.

At least this way, breaking my resolutions in the first week of the new year might do me some good!
Knight Of Passion: The Man, The Legend, The Blog - and now, The Podcast!
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by KnightOfPassion
My resolutions for this year? Write less, drink more wine, give up exercise entirely.

At least this way, breaking my resolutions in the first week of the new year might do me some good!

That's the spirit Knight! I'll drink to those
Lurker
0 likes
To be quite honest, I usually don't do resolutions. I suppose it's because I hit and miss on them, and if they're in my mind I tend to get aggravated when I blow one off and catch myself doing it... which makes me miserable. I try to improve continuously, like Japanese Kaizen (SP).

However, I think a good one for me would be I resolve to have sex twice as often as I did last year.

I'll let you all try to figure out just how much that should be.UR9JknRSr1jBMXna
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sorry Curious! but out with the old in with the new...right? It's a whole new year, we can give it another go!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by fystee
Sorry Curious! but out with the old in with the new...right? It's a whole new year, we can give it another go!

Allright... now my New Year has a much better start. Things are looking up.bzEeU4s4TaaflmsZ
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
AWESOME!!!

That might get you a a in the new year!
Lurker
0 likes
Now that is something to look forward to for sure.YL8nItxahY8ssqJO
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That's a definite or maybe a in store for curious!

Woo Hoo Welcome 2008....
Lurker
0 likes
Oooh... that will be three times as good...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'll go with KnightofPassion on this one. Drink more, eat better food, eat out at restaurants more, forget about exercise regimes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it's time I try to get my head together and work out a LONG TERM plan rather than concentrate on just a short term solution constantly.
Lurker
0 likes
I usually have just one resolution: Not to have any resolutions.

That said, I'm with fystee. "Out with the old, in with the new!" And no, I won't explain.
Lurker
0 likes
I won't call this a resolution, but I do have a goal or two for the next year: Start my website (that's work related, not erotica related) and continue my novel hopefully getting it done this year.
Lurker
0 likes
RESOLUTION #1
2002: I will not spend my money frivolously.
2003: I will pay off my bank loan promptly.
2004: I will pay off my bank loans promptly.
2005: I will begin making a strong effort to be out of debt by 1999.
2006: I will be totally out of debt by 2000.
2007: I will try to pay off the debt interest by 2001.
2008: I will try to be out of the country by 2006.

RESOLUTION #2
2005: I will not take a drink before 5:00 p.m.
2006: I will not touch the bottle before noon.
2007: I will not become a "problem drinker".
2008: I will not miss any AA meetings.

For me- NO MORE RESOLUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lurker
0 likes
At least you made a yearly effort, Bre.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
my head hurts
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by KnightOfPassion

I'm pleased to report that, so far at least, my resolutions are all working out perfectly!
Knight Of Passion: The Man, The Legend, The Blog - and now, The Podcast!
Matriarch
0 likes
Congratulations to all the winners!
Lurker
0 likes
This year, like every year, I resolve to have no good intentions.

I blame my 5th grade teacher, who told us "The road to hell is paved with good intentions!" Since it is not my intention to provide any paving material for that particular road, I shall endeavor not to intend to do good. Therefore, I aim for barely acceptable or just scraping by in all my doings. If I happen to do better than that, it's an accident, believe me.

May the worst that happens to you this year be better than the best you treasure from your past.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Willy6941
This year, like every year, I resolve to have no good intentions.

I blame my 5th grade teacher, who told us "The road to hell is paved with good intentions!" Since it is not my intention to provide any paving material for that particular road, I shall endeavor not to intend to do good. Therefore, I aim for barely acceptable or just scraping by in all my doings. If I happen to do better than that, it's an accident, believe me.

May the worst that happens to you this year be better than the best you treasure from your past.

I think I'm with you on this one Willy!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Curious2c
To be quite honest, I usually don't do resolutions. I suppose it's because I hit and miss on them, and if they're in my mind I tend to get aggravated when I blow one off and catch myself doing it... which makes me miserable. I try to improve continuously, like Japanese Kaizen (SP).

However, I think a good one for me would be I resolve to have sex twice as often as I did last year.

I'll let you all try to figure out just how much that should be.VefLH50w348xiryn [/quote

(Another quote by you) I won't call this a resolution, but I do have a goal or two for the next year: Start my website (that's work related, not erotica related) and continue my novel hopefully getting it done this year.

Sex twice as often is awesome! SHIT!!!! What does that amount to for you though? lol...Like twice a year....twice a month....twice a week...twice a day....lol
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
My new years resolution is to keep Fystee away from my firplace!
And yes, Fystee we are having Christmas at your house next year!!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
My new years resolution is to keep Fystee away from my fireplace!
And yes, Fystee we are having Christmas at your house next year!!

She didn't accidently drop the brandy in there again?
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
No, but she did catch my chimney on fire!! LOL
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by fystee
Quote by Curious2c

I'll let you all try to figure out just how much that should be.4kfcq8Dm4xY0IV71 [/quote

(Another quote by you) I won't call this a resolution, but I do have a goal or two for the next year: Start my website (that's work related, not erotica related) and continue my novel hopefully getting it done this year.

Sex twice as often is awesome! SHIT!!!! What does that amount to for you though? lol...Like twice a year....twice a month....twice a week...twice a day....lol

Currently? Two times nothing...

I really desire to change that by a large amount though. Twice a day would be about right... at least for a while anyway. I could see trimming back to once a day, seven days a week though.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
No, but she did catch my chimney on fire!! LOL

Chimney fires are dangerous. You should have one of those logs on hand just for chimney fires... they sell them at most hardware stores I think.

On the other hand, chimney fires do bring the local fire department and everyone know how hot and good looking a fireman is.

http://www.gibbleguts.com/html/fireman.html

Pixie are you sure you didn't start the fire yourself?