long distance

last reply
34 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
long distance relationships: do they work? would you ever have 1?
Lurker
0 likes
I just realized this was asked to the gals after i posted... sorry

They work.
Just requires a lot of focus and personal growth.
Its an interesting emotional experiment to say the least.
Clumeleon
0 likes
This could be in the 'Relationship Advice' section, although you're likely to get some guys posting here anyway.

I think such a relationship can bring its own set of difficulties on top of the crap 'regular' couples go through. I think it takes real strength of character to have a successful long distance relationship but there are examples the world over of people doing it. Love conquers all, as the say. I'd be willing to do it for the right person.

On the plus side, I bet what little time they do get to spend together is incredible.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by clum

On the plus side, I bet what little time they do get to spend together is incredible.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you have the will and desire to make long distance relationship/friendship work, then of course it can. One of my dearest and closest friends emigrated to Australia 9 years ago, and I have only seen her twice in that time. She remains, however, my confidante, best friend and almost a Sister to me.

As for long distance love affairs, well I guess that's another matter altogether. Luckily I've never been in that situation - but don't they say 'where there's a will, there's a way!'
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Distance is all relative as to the the intensity of the relationship - all things transcend distance.
Isolation - A Tale Of Star-Crossed Lovers
By
hartclass & CumGirl

Clever Gem
0 likes
Been there , done it, it works if you want it to! Now married 9 years , phone sex helps smile LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Microphones and webcams if you got them are great little things to help it work. As crazydiamond said if you want it to work it will. I am in one right now
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yes i am in one
and its working so far.lol
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Not for me. It's just not how I'm put together.
Clever Gem
0 likes
I have moved continents as a consequence, no regrets! the reunion is worth the waiting! honest!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think a long distance relationship could definitely work... There is so much more to love than just sex, and it kind of forces you to have a deeper emotional connection, and plus when you do finally get to be with that person, I can imagine it would be worth the wait. Of course distance probably can suck at times, but I think it could be completely amazing too. I probably would have a long distance relationship if I needed to, but then again, I would probably just go to where the person I love is, because I don't really have anything holding me back, except family, which I can visit and talk to on and on the phone.
Lurker
0 likes
they work biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
They can work with the right person. I have seen many fail from people not being able to deal with the separation or being unfaithful because they think they can now. But mine has worked. I love my marine with all my heart. It is hard to be away from him and every day I wish I could be with him. But it strengthens our relationship and the distance will never make me love him any less. I havent been with him since december and now I will be waiting a full year before I can see him again but it is all worth it
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by studintraining

Anything farther away than a few inches...kinda hard to actually fuck and you know...get to know the other person.

Are you Javier, fess up.

Although you type better...I wonder.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I thought so.... once
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, they can work, so long as the relationship is built with trust. There will be a lot of longing nights so self discipline is a must.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by studintraining

Anything farther away than a few inches...kinda hard to actually fuck and you know...get to know the other person.

Hey WMM, nice of you to admit you only have a "few inches" in public, always thought you'd need tweezers to take a piss
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by studintraining
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by studintraining

Hey WMM, nice of you to admit you only have a "few inches" in public, always thought you'd need tweezers to take a piss

Ouch,,
I got the whole kit from acme supply.
I got a magnifying glass with my tweezers.
You havta keep the lens clean tho, or else all those small things get pretty confusing.
Lurker
0 likes
for body, distance is important...but for heart, it doesn't matter
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by studintraining
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by studintraining

A few inches? Yeah...but some girls like it that wide.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by studintraining

always thought you'd need tweezers to take a piss

Funny you mention that...

WMM, you left these giant tweezers at my house the other night.

I didn't know you were so averse to handling your own cock. oh well...takes all kinds.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Quote by studintraining

always thought you'd need tweezers to take a piss

Funny you mention that...

WMM, you left these giant tweezers at my house the other night.

I didn't know you were so averse to handling your own cock. oh well...takes all kinds.

omg, I'm so glad you found them. I thought I had lost them forever. I'd resorted to using these damned clumsy things the last few days.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by studintraining
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by studintraining

Yeah some do, shame in your case that youre related
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by studintraining
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by studintraining
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by studintraining

Yeah some do, shame in your case that youre related

hehee LittleStud... you should be a little more reverent. WMM is a real stud. it could be a learning opportunity for you ;)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by studintraining

Back to the topic, boys ....

If you have the desire and love ..... anything can work!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Yahtzee
Quote by studintraining

Back to the topic, boys ....

If you have the desire and love ..... anything can work!

I agree on both points!! Happy Friday, All!
Lurker
0 likes
I thrive in long distance relationships. Anything else is just scary but I'm willing to face my fears. I've spent most of my adult life in relationships where my partner could not be expected to be home day in and day out 365. Sure it takes a lot of work. A relationship easily fails if not nurtured, even more so if it's long distance. It comes with it's own set of issues. But I feel, for the right person, it's well worth the wait and often beneficial.