love

last reply
8 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do guys really fall in love or is all just lust.

0 likes
We guys are quite capable of both and .

Sometimes, we even manage to feel both for the same person.

The problem comes when we love one person, and lust for another (or two).
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Well Leiza this one does,twice before,and now on the verge of the third.The second at first sight,the latest,at second sight.But then I am only an old romantic.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been in love 3 times 2 of which didn't work out. Once for just over a year and the other ended in divorce. Many many times in the state of lust. Finally found true love. 24 years now.
Lurker
0 likes
I have to believe I could fall in love, & have long thought reason I didn't growing up was b/c I am good guy (in all ways imaginable, I'd say), & peers were into "bad boys"...However, yet to have divorce, dump, or date. In words of Randy Newman, "I could be wrong, but I don't think so...".
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Leiza350
Do guys really fall in love or is all just lust.

Are you asking if males are genuinely capable of falling in love?

I often lurk in the ask-the-guys forum without saying much but the mere concept that men, for some reason, don't or can't love as often as women do is a shocking concept. Maybe you've had a bad end to a relationship and are just emotionally tanked? But there's never any reason to doubt men want and need love - of course they do.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Metilda

Are you asking if males are genuinely capable of falling in love?

I often lurk in the ask-the-guys forum without saying much but the mere concept that men, for some reason, don't or can't love as often as women do is a shocking concept. Maybe you've had a bad end to a relationship and are just emotionally tanked? But there's never any reason to doubt men want and need love - of course they do.

I GENUINELY / SINCERELY thank you, Metilda, for this comment. Some of us guys are capable of real hurt / pain from "love" that has gone wrong ... maybe even to the point of not ever wanting or allowing "love" to touch us again.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Men absolutely fall in love.
Boys just think they do.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Of course we do. Don't assume that all guys are exactly the same even if your experience makes it seem otherwise.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by hopp3r
Men absolutely fall in love.
Boys just think they do.

The movie title got it right for both genders... Men fall in love & go crazy, while women think they do when they've really just become stupid.