Once a switch, always a switch?

last reply
31 replies
5.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Once a "Switch" always a "Switch"?

I do not know. I think, like anything else, it could change and people can change.

I am still fairly new to being involved in BDSM, yet I still considered myself to be a "SWITCH" from day one yet someone predominantly a sub more than anything else. (Degrees may vary from person to person that is a Switch. I do not know.) I do not doubt that someone could be 50/50 or even change, altogether, at some point. I think it happens (different reasons).

I understand there is some contraversy within the BDSM community as to whether a "Switch" is really looked at with the same validity (?) [I just NOW learned that people have been ridiculed for having a D/s relationship, as well, and BDSM by others receiving flack. Why? BDSM or D/s may not be for everyone, as much as vanilla sex may not be for someone.]

For me, I used to be more dominant (naturally, personality & sexually-speaking) before I was into BDSM. I wanted to please, though, even when young and even though I was a dominant Alpha-type personality. After certain events came in late teen/early adulthood, I became more submissive and desired that more, too. That is where the ability that I can be a Switch on rare occasions came in. It is not just to 'please' or as mood strikes. (I took some quiz on Lush BDSM that had me as a sub but borderline submissive who has a small percent domme... like 10% or something, and that seems to fit me enough).

As for those people who are unlike me and 50/50, or go from one to the other readily, all I can say is that some factors may pre-exist, others may be discovered, or life events may end up altering personal nature and personality. I have been one of those people to be a paradox most of my life. I am a double edged sword in most aspects. I am an introvert/extrovert, for example, so the thing about being a "Switch" comes naturally to me between two sides to me of past and present. I think it can be complicated.

All I know is I consider myself more of a sub and I identify there. That is what feels like I belong and most natural to me... HOWEVER, I will surprise my boyfriend now and then. We just watched Mr. & Mrs. Smith together with Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie. (I do not know why I had not watched this sooner. I liked it!) We had a lot of fun watching the movie. They remind me of how we will wrestle and jocky for that dominant position in bed sometimes and when my dominant side comes out. I can be the Mistress to him, and he becomes putty, yet he often cannot take that for long until his predominant "Dominant/Dom" side takes over. It's hard for me to explain, but we have had fun with it.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Isn't it all about your personality and your sexual preferences? Why do people have to fit a mould or be one or the other? It isn't binary. There are no rules. You are free to take on what ever role you wish. If that means submitting to one person but dominant with other, then it is what it is. If you like to be in control sometimes and be controlled other times with a partner who shares your values, then so be it. And if you are a switch and find yourself in a relationship where you feel like you get more out of being the submissive, or the other, then you are. Its one thing that bugs me when I read peoples posts in this part of the site. So many people think that you have to be labelled in some way. I think switches are far more interesting. It just means you like variety. I'll never be owned or have a master, nor will I be a domme to some sissy. I dont want someone totally submitting to me, I see that as weak. Fight a little, push back. I like to fight for control, as I do when being controlled. I find that far more exciting that being meek and just taking it. So, once a switch, always a switch? Its an individual thing. There is no right or wrong answer.
Lurker
0 likes
Didn't read all of the reply...as for me its like bisexual....wanting it all...the complete experience....top and bottom
For the right person ...with the right person...I am in....I am in cyber bdsm ...switching...no apologies...
Butterfly
0 likes
Only recently I discovered that I can switch from a Sub to a Dome... I don't enjoy being a Dome though...