casual sex

last reply
40 replies
4.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Serious question" What are your views on casual or recreational sex, where the sex is just for pleasure..no relationship involved, and may or may may not happen again ?
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I have nothing against it personally, though I still have my preferences concerning how it is performed. I prefer when the experience can be repeated with the same person at least a few times (ie. not into one-nighters), and there has to be at least some form of affection/complicity with my partners.
Head Nurse
0 likes
It's fine for other people; I don't care much for if personally. I always end up less than satisfied.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I'm a strong proponent! Particularly with guys! Girls I prefer an intimate relationship with, but have been known to engage in casual sex with them too.
Lurker
0 likes
Sounds a little risky..
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I don't like one night stands but if you wanna do a friends with benefits kind of thing I'm down.
Lurker
0 likes
It is not something I have ever been into.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
I'm a strong proponent! Particularly with guys! Girls I prefer an intimate relationship with, but have been known to engage in casual sex with them too.

Send me a message Bethany... you're my kind of woman! Liberal!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have had the benefit of casual sex with many many guys and quite a few girls too.

I love it there are no complications, just pleasure and then you go on with the rest of your life.

I know this is not for every female, but it works for me.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't like the idea of casual sex or anything to do with it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by 1nympholes
I love it there are no complications, just pleasure and then you go on with the rest of your life.

That is my attitude as well. I think casual sex can be a great as long as both partners are on the same page about it. Problems CAN arise if both people don't go into it expecting the same thing.

Otherwise I think it can be a fun and perfectly healthy for two consenting adults to basically say to each other "excuse me, but since you aren't using your genitals as the moment would mind if I use them?" without needing the whole trappings of a relationships. My girlfriend of seven years, are both allowed to pursue casual sex with others, provided two things: We are honest with each other about it, and the other party knows we are in a committed relationship with someone else.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
No problem if I am not in a committed relationship at the time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My wife and I have a girlfriend that comes over two or three times a month. When shes here we fuck like crazy we ask her for nothing more and she expects nothing else while she visits. But we have come to trust each other of the years. I am not sure I would bring home a random person though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I vote in favor of it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am in favor of no stings, occasional sex with someone I know and trust well. Even though I have a fantasy to have a one night stand with a complete stranger it really would be a far stretch for me to go through with it. I'd chicken out, go to my hotel and cuss myself for not going through with it.

*******************************************************************************************

Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LaneyHearn77
I am in favor of no stings, occasional sex with someone I know and trust well. Even though I have a fantasy to have a one night stand with a complete stranger it really would be a far stretch for me to go through with it. I'd chicken out, go to my hotel and cuss myself for not going through with it.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This was something that part of my life 20 years ago. It was in no way complicated or wrong they all knew about each other and I was by no means looking for anything serious or were they. Just fulfilling needs.
Love Bug
0 likes
Sex for me is a rush of endorphins, adrenaline and emotion. I think I am incapable of truly having mind blowing sex with a person that I am not emotionally invested in. The beauty of amazing sex is the trust it takes to drop all inhibition and really experience it. I am learning more and more that sex starts with the first kiss of the day and builds through the day to a final climax.
Lurker
0 likes
For me casual sex is something I enjoy very much, whether it's with a friend or total stranger.
It's different to relationship sex where you have emotional attachments but both certainly have their merits.
Really, sex is just sex, the situation or who I'm with can change how I treat it, but the outcome is usually the same.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nothing wrong with casual sex. Helps to broaden the sexual experience as everyone has different techniques and I have personally learned a few new things
Lurker
0 likes
Mixed feelings about it
Lurker
0 likes
I wouldn't say no to any offers, However I think people are certainly more aware now of things , So wear a condom and have fun xx
Lurker
0 likes
I have tried it and though i have enjoyed it for sure, i am simply not the kind of person who can have a one nighter again. Atleast in real life.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
I used to have it all the time when I was single. But, now I'm married and 100 percent faithful...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Love it...just play safe ;)
0 likes
If it is safe and consensual, I don't see a problem. I've had it and it's good for physical relief/release. Having a partner that you connect with and can share with more intimately is better in some respects, but that does not make casual sex wrong if it works for you.
Chuckanator
0 likes
Without reading all the comments I would guess a predominate amount of responders would say, "not my thing." I add to that chorus. I can only speak for myself and my feelings are in no way judgmental of others. My desire is to build relationships. I can't imagine any reason, besides raw lust, that I would desire to have a one night stand. Without sounding gross, to me that is like masturbating in a pussy. I guess I am spoiled in my sexual life. There is nothing like making love with someone you care for. Where your bond is deeper than your cock.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
My casual sexual encounters definitely outnumber my "relationship" sexual encounters.

It can be fun and exciting, but I've learned it isn't particularly me. Too much emotional detachment and just plain mechanical for the most part. For me, there's such a difference between legitimate sexual attraction + sexual tension built between either a friend I want to date or someone I know in some form or other and just a random hot girl in a bar.

Everything's far more intense with someone you actually care about and know on a deeper level than "Fuck. She's hot. Sexy times."
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Let me clarify and expand on my original answer... Since I'm not in a monogamous relationship, casual sex for me is uncommitted, no-strings-attached sex for its own sake within my circle of friends-with-benefits. We know each other well, and we have recurring hook-ups. I rarely have ONS's, because of the risks.