Beating Depression

last reply
33 replies
4.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I'm actually a motivational speaker. I know depression is tough because I, myself, have suffered through it. But that is why I made it my life goal to help anyone who needs my help. Anybody that needs that extra push or little in the right direction. I'm here for anyone and everyone. We all could be a little better..stronger. Let me help you discover that strength.
Lurker
0 likes
Distractions, Distractions, Distractions. Anytime I feel like depression or anxiety is about to rear its ugly head, I find a distraction. Reading, exercising, cleaning, cooking, even.being on lush are all good distractions for me. I think that 'beating' depression is all about training your brain to go someplace else. They say that idle hands do the devil's work. I believe idle minds to the devil's (depression, anxiety, etc) work.
0 likes
Personally I have to switch onto 'autopilot' until the worst passes. It works though I can't call it 'living'. I have yet to find anything that helps as such.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I think exercise is one of the best ways to beat depression. Whenever I feel depressed I put on some music that pumps me up and start exercising. It feels really good being able to release all my emotions and just sweat it out.