Healthy snacks

last reply
47 replies
7.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Wholewheat sesame seed ryvitas with a tbsp of salmon pate. Most proteins are good as they leave you fuller for longer and you'll be less prone to want to snack. I do a low GI diet and eat smaller meals 5 to 6 times a day. I love nuts but they tend to be high in calories so I avoid them.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I prefer the seafood diet - see food and eat it!
“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
Lurker
0 likes
I love fruit salad. Just cut up some applies and grapes and strawberries and nuts, add yogurt and honey, and voila! A delicious, healthy snack!
❤️️🌹Elusive Enigma 🌹❤️️
0 likes
Sliced tomatoes and cucumbers
Apple slices with a smear of peanut butter for extra flavor
Half of a toasted English muffin with a thin slice of cheddar cheese added while hot. It tastes similar to a grilled cheese without the extra calories.
 Kissing your lips while straddling your lap. 
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I really like Fugi Apples with Creamy Jif.

Brandie
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I really like to eat almond butter. It's so good, sometimes I eat it straight out of the jar!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Powerful yogurt is good, also comes in a drink and oatmeal. It's high in protein
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Powerful yogurt is good, also comes in a drink and oatmeal. It's high in protein
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
make yourself a bircher, cup of oats add nuts, raisins, LSA etc. Fill with almond milk & put in fridge over night, snack on it during the day.....full of energy & will keep you going all day
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
My usual go-to's are:
Fruits: Apples, strawberries, blueberries, bananas, oranges
Sliced tomatoes/cucumbers
Avocado
Boiled Eggs
Almonds (I keep a variety of unsalted, salted, and wasabi flavored)
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Sunflower seed butter (I'm allergic to peanuts, and most almond butters contain traces of peanuts unfortunately.)
Yogurt

I usually do 1 ounce portions or one serving size of my snacks. I let myself have one small snack between breakfast/lunch (though I skip this one most days) and one between lunch/dinner.

I count calories and carbs, so if I'm pushing my daily limit, I'll suppress any cravings I have with a cup of coffee. Kills my snackiness every time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Fruit or Plantain chips. I don’t snack very often and if I do it’s mainly vegetables but I’m focusing on gut health so I’m relying on a very nutrient dense diet. I do have snacks for when I have to go out to eat and in the case I might not be able to have anything on the menu. Pork clouds are delicious and those have no carbs. Dang coconut chips if you have them there. They have a caramel flavor that’s yummy.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Uh, anything that I can dip in hummus LOL! I'm such a big fan of hummus and avocado/guacamole.
Lurker
0 likes
Low or non fat yogurt and chives or any other fresh herbs with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper, makes a great salad dressing or dip for your favorite veggies.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like to eat raw nuts, especially almonds.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Nuts, seeds, natural yoghurt (mixed with chocolate protein powder is delicious), blueberries, veg sticks. Increase water intake to feel less like snacking.
0 likes
I love almonds and cashews... mixed with dried fruits
The Linebacker
0 likes
My wife and l always keep apples and bananas, plus l keep cut carrots in the fridge. Those are all great for curbing the appetite between meals. We regularly keep watermelon chunks in the fridge to also snack on.
Lurker
0 likes
Dried Fruit;sugars are concentrated so it satisfies a sweet tooth