Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Marital Status >> Relationship Status

last reply
56 replies
4.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes

Include Master and Owned into the choices?

24 votes remaining
Yes (17 votes) 71%
No (13 votes) 54%
Call them something else (5 votes) 21%
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by Callisto

I like the idea, there are quite a few members that like to display on their profile that they're in a D/s relationship, As is, they already mention it on their bio, but this would be a nice addition as well, in my opinion.

I agree.

Also for those who are married and may be going through a separation and don't feel comfortable saying they are single when they aren't, perhaps having an "its complicated" option would benefit some as well.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by Ravyn

I agree.

Also for those who are married and may be going through a separation and don't feel comfortable saying they are single when they aren't, perhaps having an "its complicated" option would benefit some as well.

I could have sworn I saw that here at some point as a relationship status...if not, its a great idea too.
Lurker
0 likes
im married with benefits,,it works great for me,,,not so well for others,,,,
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola

How would you know? Have you been through 160K profiles and checked? Is your membership on lush mostly a data mining exercise?

What are the URL's of the sites you're supposedly setting up / have set up? I'd love to check them out.

It took six member searches,

[code]
Search term No of pages returned

having an affair 50
married 383
in a relationship 202
single 834
slut 159

sub-total 1628

all 8030

%age of user who state a marital status = 20.27%

[/code]

I'm not a data-miner, I'm a numbers geek.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

It took six member searches,

[code]
Search term No of pages returned

having an affair 50
married 383
in a relationship 202
single 834
slut 159

sub-total 1628

all 8030

%age of user who state a marital status = 20.27%

[/code]

I'm not a data-miner, I'm a numbers geek.

That could be yours "numbers geek"

I love your geeky ways. smile
Matriarch
0 likes
His Rank needs changing to "Numbers Geek". Either that, or "Smart Arse".
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I just want to thank you, Nicola. Bastard and I are so very, very happy. smile
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
I just want to thank you, Nicola. Bastard and I are so very, very happy. smile

Congratulations! biggrin

I don't know about the whole ownership bit, but I'm willing to be rented/leased monthly to the right bidder. Auctioning off your status could become the next big Lush trend.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Congratulations! biggrin

I don't know about the whole ownership bit, but I'm willing to be rented/leased monthly to the right bidder. Auctioning off your status could become the next big Lush trend.

What are the ammenities of the lease/rental?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Congratulations! biggrin

you could fund your beach house with this alone :D

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by nicola
His Rank needs changing to "Numbers Geek". Either that, or "Smart Arse".

OH ! IT'S GOT TO BE SMART ARSE!! That's my pet name!!!

Please please please!!!
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by sprite

you could fund your beach house with this alone biggrin

And pantie sales would hit the roof as an EXTRA!!!!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister

What are the ammenities of the lease/rental?

That's negotiable depending on the rental package you opt for.

They could include prominent name-dropping on my profile and forum signature. A picture of you surrounded by love-hearts added to my image gallery with declarations of your hotness posted in the comments section (updated and swooned over daily). Unlimited support for all forum posts and opinions eg. "I now agree with LM. During a mind-blowing round of filthy sex last night, he finally convinced me that gun control is wrong!" The upgraded package could include being featured as a character in an upcoming story or eBook and a Fedex package of limited edition panties of your desired level of soiling. I will also be your official cyber-date when LadyX and Bastard renew their vows. Really... there's so many possibilities...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

That's negotiable depending on the rental package you opt for.

They could include prominent name-dropping on my profile and forum signature. A picture of you surrounded by love-hearts added to my image gallery with declarations of your hotness posted in the comments section (updated and swooned over daily). Unlimited support for all forum posts and opinions eg. "I now agree with LM. During a mind-blowing round of filthy sex last night, he finally convinced me that gun control is wrong!" The upgraded package could include being featured as a character in an upcoming story or eBook and a Fedex package of limited edition panties of your desired level of soiling. I will also be your official cyber-date when LadyX and Bastard renew their vows. Really... there's so many possibilities...

Ok, I'll sign up for the Upgraded package. I expect the thrice cummed in panties here in my office by Friday! And for our cyber-date, a nice black cocktail dress will be perfect.. no panties that day.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister

Ok, I'll sign up for the Upgraded package. I expect the thrice cummed in panties here in my office by Friday! And for our cyber-date, a nice black cocktail dress will be perfect.. no panties that day.

The upgraded package would be she wears monogramed Dancing Doll panties in your choice of color for the cyber-date and you get to keep them as a momento of the Dancing Doll Experience!!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

The upgraded package would be she wears monogramed Dancing Doll panties in your choice of color for the cyber-date and you get to keep them as a momento of the Dancing Doll Experience!!

Oooh I like this. Save up those pennies boys and girls! smile
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I've been keeping an eye out on this thread, because I went to Gav with this idea and really want to see this added to Lush. I think it will open the door more for the BDSM side of Lush which would be nice. I know that if we add a few for some people and not others some will bicker. I guess that’s a good reason for this thread and poll.

I know there is a lot of ways BDSM titles are. There is Master, Mistress, Dom, Domme, Sir, Miss, sub, pet, and slave. There s a lot. I know how some people feel about the word “slave” and “sub” and “pet” but really in the end it boils down to being the same thing. To make it easier I think Gav should set it up as.

On a male profile
Master of ________

On a female profile
Mistress of _______

Then the sub part sub/pet just like that. There shouldn’t need to be two choices. Just make it on showing you can be either. We get the point.

Of course I know there are MANY people who are switches... I’m a switch; I know what it’s like. But this is a relationship status, not an Orientation preference. I mean things like, straight, gay, bi, Trans, etc. Though I do personally vote to have switch added to the list choice.

Gav works hard to make Lush running. Give him a break. ...... Thanks for making this thread!
Lurker
0 likes
Just for a laugh, how about adding the status "Celibate". I wonder how many would opt for that one. I think many would see it as a challenge to be had.
Matriarch
0 likes
Celibacy isn't really a relationship status, it's more a chosen path.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Celibacy isn't really a relationship status, it's more a chosen path.

Involuntary celibacy isn't. "Desperate" is easier to spell, though.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by gav
Hi

Should we change Marital Status to Relationship Status and also include two more choices:

- Master
- Master to xxxxxx
- Owned
- Owned by xxxxxx

Thanks!

seriously?? sounds like a lot of work, when most people in those situations clearly write it in their bio who belongs to them or who they belong to.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by PersonalAssistant

seriously?? sounds like a lot of work, when most people in those situations clearly write it in their bio who belongs to them or who they belong to.

We do, because we DON'T have a proper place to show it off.. Thus the reason for adding this feature. smile
Constant Gardener
0 likes
"I'm in a complicated pretend relationship with another imaginary internet person" - or is this too wordy?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by PersonalAssistant

Are we there yet?

Best thing is, it now becomes searchable. So I can get a list of all the "Pets" so I can *never you mind*
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by Poppet

We do, because we DON'T have a proper place to show it off.. Thus the reason for adding this feature. smile

Im not sure how your bio is not considered a proper place. Its the first thing that people will read, should they chose to even do that, and when its in bold, well its hard not to miss it. Just sayin..
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Quote by gav

Are we there yet?

Best thing is, it now becomes searchable. So I can get a list of all the "Pets" so I can *never you mind*

Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by SydneySider

Im not sure how your bio is not considered a proper place. Its the first thing that people will read, should they chose to even do that, and when its in bold, well its hard not to miss it. Just sayin..

You might be right, but it would still be nice to have the choice. It seems a lot of the people who have posted in here agree. It's not just for those who look at our profiles, but I would personally love to have mine to read "Mistress to JamieW" as I'm sure so many others with their D/s relationships.