Login

last reply
37 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I was wondering, how do you become a moderator? Do you apply for the position, or do the mods contact you? I would love to be a mod! It seems so cool!
Matriarch
0 likes
It's a bed of roses , ask any of the Mods
Lurker
0 likes
Any chance I could be a mod?
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks for the offer, but we are not looking for anyone right now. We have a team of a dozen or so, and they do an excellent job.
Lurker
0 likes
Ok. smile thanks anyway
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dudeness92
I was wondering, how do you become a moderator? Do you apply for the position, or do the mods contact you? I would love to be a mod! It seems so cool!

You have to sleep with the boss. Give her a foot rub after you've sucked the polish off her toes and clean the cat box.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by Dudeness92

You have to sleep with the boss. Give her a foot rub after you've sucked the polish off her toes and clean the cat box.

Heck... I'd have done all that whether Nic gave me the job or not..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hell, I survived sleeping with WMM so bring on the boss.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by thepainter
Hell, I survived sleeping with WMM so bring on the boss.

Hers is bigger than mine!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Matriarch
0 likes
I can assure you my derriere is nowhere near as large as yours! I hope that's what you are referring to you scallywag.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I can assure you my derriere is nowhere near as large as yours! I hope that's what you are referring to you scallywag.

I was referring to your gavel, my dear.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jillicious
Quote by Dudeness92
I would love to be a mod! It seems so cool!

Oh yes. The behind the scenes drama. The complaints from website members, the majority of complainers who rarely visit. The bickering and the fighting. The having to deal with the occasional who seems to think it is acceptable to share their interests with everyone else.

You are right. It is a freaking riot.

Thanks to all the mods who do a fine job around these parts.

Cough, you forgot the nasty story submissions, the drama queens, the lazy authors, the forum over loaders, Cough

I wanna lay you down in a bed of roses... while I sleep on a bed of nails...
Matriarch
0 likes
I see Jillicious has been there and done that

I am not even going to begin adding to Necho's list.

Your post reminds me of this joke:

A guy joins a monastery and takes a vow of silence: he’s allowed to say two words every seven years. After the first seven years, the elders bring him in and ask for his two words. "Cold floors," he says. They nod and send him away. Seven more years pass. They bring him back in and ask for his two words. He clears his throats and says, "Bad food." They nod and send him away. Seven more years pass. They bring him in for his two words. "I quit," he says. "That’s not surprising," the elders say. "You’ve done nothing but complain since you got here."

When I think of the joy and entertainment this site brings to hundreds of thousands of people who visit each month (650,000 individual visitors in May), the bad points about running a site pale into insignificance.

Cheers folks
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Necho, you failed to mention the free doughnuts and the Friday afternoon keggers.

I want to know when that orgy has been rescheduled for?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To moderators one and all.....

I appreciate your efforts.

Now, can I have a peek at Nic's gavel?
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I, for one, would like to thank all of you moderators
for the wonderful and mostly thankless job you do.
It's not easy reading over many stories each day when
you have other things that need attending.

I also want to say thanks to Nicola for this wonderful
site. I've seen nothing like it, not that I've been looking
cause I haven't and won't.

Thank you all, LushStoriesStaff!

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Necho, you failed to mention the free doughnuts and the Friday afternoon keggers.

I want to know when that orgy has been rescheduled for?

Uhm, I haven't sent out the memo yet, my spa pool is still being fixed and I seem to have misplaced my spinning disco ball.

Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by mercianknight

Now, can I have a peek at Nic's gavel?

It's gotta be prettier than Gav's navel, huh?
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
It's gotta be prettier than Gav's navel, huh?

Lurker
0 likes
I must say, I am very impressed with how LUSH is managed. To all of you who I don't know, keep up the great work.
Its really a very impressive website and outlet for a bucket load of people who seek this sort of venue. And, its great that most of the
bad shit is filtered before out before we even log on. You guys & gals rock!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OK... got room in the wagon for one more guy? The mods here do an amazing job.. except for WMM who struggles a bit with the bathrobe and Bud Lights all day.. probably why Nic had to discontinue the video conferencing.. in any event.. Nic has assembled a great bunch of folks to babysit us kids and despite the occasional debate on house rules it runs seamlessly for the members.. and probably what doesn't get much notice.. is that they lead by example and for the most part the serious members police the neighborhood regularly.. loyalty is it's own reward.. 'nuff said.... oh.. and if there is an orgy scheduled.. is is possible to get a one day pass? I've got some whipped cream nearing it's expiration date and I need to use it....
Lurker
0 likes
oh.. and if there is an orgy scheduled.. is is possible to get a one day pass? I've got some whipped cream nearing it's expiration date and I need to use it....

Whipped cream is for amateurs. We use creme fraiche.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
oh.. and if there is an orgy scheduled.. is is possible to get a one day pass? I've got some whipped cream nearing it's expiration date and I need to use it....

Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by BigRod
The mods here do an amazing job.. except for WMM who struggles a bit with the bathrobe and Bud Lights all day..

You'd struggle with this bathrobe all day too, would you not?

My only struggle is getting this fishing pole to cast a lure, when ice fishing.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

The whipped cream is for the door knob.. so you can't get away.....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by BigRod
The mods here do an amazing job.. except for WMM who struggles a bit with the bathrobe and Bud Lights all day..

You'd struggle with this bathrobe all day too, would you not?

My only struggle is getting this fishing pole to cast a lure, when ice fishing.

Let me know if you need backup.... she looks pretty tough....
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BigRod
Quote by chefkathleen

The whipped cream is for the door knob.. so you can't get away.....

Good one.
Lurker
0 likes
To the matriarch Ms. Nicola...
To All The Mods Hell of a job...

and to one of my favorite mods, and she and all should know who I'm talking about ...
... btw if not the whip creme; how bout apple butter