Do you believe in Ghosts

last reply
55 replies
5.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do I think that they look like what people picture, hell no. I do however believe that a person's spirit can wander the earth after they have passed.
Lurker
0 likes
Maybe? I had friend that used to come see me every Friday at about the same time each week. He lost a battle with cancer and the last two months of his life he was not able to come see me so I went to see him. About a year or so after his death I was working in the part of the shop I'm not usually working in. I can hear traffic come in the drive from there and even have an outside door. I heard the main door open and about 15-20 seconds later I heard the door shut. At that point I went to the doorway separating the two rooms and no one was visible. Then I immediately looked outside to see if someone was there. No one was outside. This was a Friday between 2:30-3:00pm. That was his day and time frame. Call me crazy but I think it was my buddy saying thanks and telling me goodbye?
Lurker
0 likes
No, but they make for good stories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not sure if ghosts an spirits are the same by others standards but I beleive in spirits.
Lurker
0 likes
My view is that those who believe in ghosts see them. Those like me who don’t believe in them don’t.

It’s a phenomenon in my opinion but purely psychological.

Anyway, what is a ghost?

If there was a ghost for every person that had died in human history there would be millions of sightings every day (or night because that’s more creepy) but there isn’t.
There might be a parallel universe but that just means the trains don’t run on time there either.

THE DARK is always there, it’s just waiting…

waiting for YOU to turn off the light.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do believe in them. I have had my own encounters with what I believe to be ghosts. I think after you have had an experience it's hard to not believe. On a side note Paranormal Witness is a fun show for those who like to be scared!
Lurker
0 likes
Given that we are one little planet in a galaxy we call the Milky Way with billions of stars similar to our own sun, which in turn is only one of millions of galaxies in the universe I find it a little bit rich to assume our planet - litle more than a single grain of sand on a beach - can boast life after death. Our existence was and is an accident which was just bound to happen - somewhere in the universe.

To assume we have a life after death and that ghosts throng the earth or heavens is just humans convinced of their own invincibility.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Absolutely - you are never really 'alone' ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes I have experienced seeing one.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes. I saw one when I was younger, and you can definitely feel them.
You seem sweet, mind if I lick you to make sure?
Lurker
0 likes
Definitely not. But I've heard/strange things happen to others, and if that's their account then totally fine by me.
Lurker
0 likes
Most definitely.....
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Yes I do and have felt presences also at places supposed to be haunted on a few occasions.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't believe in the whole person-running-around-under-a-white gown image of a ghost, or a transparent being wandering around. However, I do think that ghosts are real - just not in the forms they are usually illustrated
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I thought you had to be over 18 to be on this site.
Lurker
0 likes
Maybe not in the obvious sense but definitely as some kind of energy or presence.

A good friend of mine lost her husband and she was certain, at times, she felt his presence like a comforting arm around her shoulders.

I do think you have to be open to spirits, as I'm going to call them. Emotions like grief, I think, can make you more aware and open to it. Then again, maybe it's just wish fulfillment.

Hell, I don't really know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
experienced them first hand...totally believe.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Like one that on a lonesome road
Doth walk in fear and dread,
And having once turned round walks on,
And turns no more his head;
Because he knows a frightful fiend
Doth close behind him tread.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I personally don't believe in them, but that doesn't mean i don't find the whole idea fascinating. My family once experienced some weird stuff when my grandma died. They were in the kitchen talking and a lit candle was on the counter. Because it was winter, the windows were closed so there was no possibility of there being a gust of wind, and then the candle blows out. They both thought it was really strange, but it got weirder when my aunt calls saying my grandma died, approximately around the same time the candle went out. There's also a story circulating around that my grandma's house is haunted with a phatom of a girl in a night gown...
Lurker
0 likes
Yes have seen a couple
Lurker
0 likes
I believe spirits roams the earth, but despite all the claims, I don't think they take on the form of human or animal. They are like the wind, cannot be seen but can be felt.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
HELL YES I DO i had experiences!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First of all I don't believe in anything unless I personally see it.

I live in a Victorian Gothic residence. It's over 130 years old. On two occasions I have seen three different "historical apparitions". A young girl appeared in period costume 5 times one evening between the hours of 11pm and 1am. The lounge room where I was watching television when she appeared was an old chapel, it had an alter and other things which i removed when i bought the place. The house has been used as an embassy and a monastery previously. The second occasion was at 3pm in the afternoon when I walked into the kitchen area and there was a couple, a man and woman conversing. I startled them and the man rushed towards me and then veered up the stairwell to the second story. The woman rushed at the same time into the pantry in the kitchen.

I call them historical apparitions because they were wearing period costume.

Other people that live here have seen things too. People appearing in rooms upstairs, cold areas, strange odours. We don't talk about it here because we don't want to spook ourselves into leaving.

If I didn't experience these things I wouldn't be posting. I have nothing to gain except ridicule.

PP
Everything that needs to be said has already been said. But since no one was listening, everything must be said again.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HeCallsMeKitty
I don't believe in the whole person-running-around-under-a-white gown image of a ghost, or a transparent being wandering around. However, I do think that ghosts are real - just not in the forms they are usually illustrated

The reason why ghosts wear the "white gown" is because that used to be typical funeral clothing, and so the look became visual shorthand for "this person is dead." It's like how in Stardust, the ghosts are wearing what they died in. It's interesting how conceptions of ghosts change. Back in Roman times, ghosts were thought to be black, not white, for example, and during Shakespeare's day, it was thought they spoke Latin.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I was growing up, we used to see a young blonde girl in a blue dress around the house from time to time
Lurker
0 likes
I believe there is a supernatural realm. On these ghost hunting shows I don't believe they are hearing or being attacked by mean ghosts but demons instead. It isnt something I would mess around with, but whatever.