5.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
the Lion Kind... beyond doubts
Lurker
0 likes
I was going to say Sleeping Beauty just because im still not over prince philip smile but i cannot deny fox and the hound :)
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by naughtynurse
I work frequently with animals in public. the public tends to believe very thing they see on disney as gospel truth.

examples of truths about animals not shown by disney

if deer werent hunted and eaten(and yes venision is a great source of protein & many families I know eat venision all yr long like many people eat beef) then Bambi's mother would likely have gotten hit by a car or disease or a wolf would have killed her.

Not all camels spit. in fact if you come across one who does it has been mishandled.

Chaining elephants to stakes protects both the animal and the people. Most elephants are treated very well. chaining is no different the tieing a horse/dog/ect.in fact many can undo their chains/stakes if they want.

strays should be carefully checked for diseases before you share your spaghetti with them

I'm pretty sure people don't take cartoons as gospal truth about animals. The average age of children watching Bambi is probably 5/7 and I don't think they think for the rest of their lives that Bambi's mother is going to be eaten or killed by hunters,cars and wolves. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure it's even in wide spread release.
Some camels spit whether or not they've been abused. So do llamas. It's a defense mechanism or a sign of displeasure. Not that they've been mistreated.
As for how Disney portrays woman. I think they've come right along with the times in our culture.

Actually the animal I work with most is the camel. They do NOT all spit. Lllamas and alpacas spit becuase they like to and want to. camels do not. yes they are related but they are not the same. Again if you come across a camel that spits it has been mishandles at some point in its life(perhaps not currently but at some point) It is bad behavior learned through bad handling. And you would be suprised how MANY people dont realize that cartoons are NOT real life. never underestimate the power of stupid people in large quantities

Just saw cars 2: it was much better then I thought it would be. Loved it!
Lurker
0 likes
I did NOT say ALL camels spit. I said some of them do whether or not they've been abused.
Again, I haven't seen that stats on how many people believe in cartoons being real but, I'm pretty sure it's children and the count is low.
Btw, I didn't see any camels spit in Aladdin or any other Disney movie that had them in the movie.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
TOY STORY ♥♥♥ I have a thing for intergalactic spacemen who defeat evil emperors