last reply
7 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
here's the situation:
The other day I was chatting up with some guy named Deric. We soon came to see, that the more we chatted the more interested we both were about each other. He did tell me, among out personal conversation, that he was from Syracuse NY. We then exchanged email addresses, but along that road, my computer decided to kill out on me while were chatting back and forth through Yahoo Messenger. He had asked to see a pic or two of me and I had asked the same of him. Is there anyone out there in this whole site who knows who this guy is? I've tried to do the member search and I keep getting shot down. I know people sometimes get busy and don't check their email often or have crazy work schedules- but It was rather nice to chat with someone who wasn't that much older than myself. Thanks for your help.
Lurker
0 likes
Well, two reasons immediately popped into my head. 1. He deactivated his Lush account. 2. He blocked you. (I think if you block someone and they search you, you don't come up. At least, this is the theory I have in my brain when I've blocked someone). Did you send him pics and now he has disappeared? Also, he has your email and your Yahoo messenger address? Umm, then I assume he would get in touch with you if he wanted to. I am not trying to be mean/hurtful, but this is the internet, so I'm a bit cynical about people's motives. Sometimes the search feature gets a bit wonky, but sounds like you did it a few times, so he should've shown up.

Lastly, you said he gave you this information (his name, city/state) during your "personal conversation." If this really is some mixup and he does get in contact with you, I'm assuming he will be less than thrilled that you posted his information in the forums. Good luck!
0 likes
Quote by Curlygirly
Well, two reasons immediately popped into my head. 1. He deactivated his Lush account. 2. He blocked you. (I think if you block someone and they search you, you don't come up. At least, this is the theory I have in my brain when I've blocked someone). Did you send him pics and now he has disappeared? Also, he has your email and your Yahoo messenger address? Umm, then I assume he would get in touch with you if he wanted to. I am not trying to be mean/hurtful, but this is the internet, so I'm a bit cynical about people's motives. Sometimes the search feature gets a bit wonky, but sounds like you did it a few times, so he should've shown up.

Lastly, you said he gave you this information (his name, city/state) during your "personal conversation." If this really is some mixup and he does get in contact with you, I'm assuming he will be less than thrilled that you posted his information in the forums. Good luck!

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Sadly, chat rooms are pretty useless for meeting people, as so many of the people there are just in fantasy mode or killing time. I've seen people saying 1 thing to a person in the room, while saying nearly the opposite in private. Probably best to let it go. Above all, never post or email ANYTHING you aren't willing for the world to see. There are just too many schmucks out there.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ShyVixen21
here's the situation:
The other day I was chatting up with some guy named Deric. We soon came to see, that the more we chatted the more interested we both were about each other. He did tell me, among out personal conversation, that he was from Syracuse NY. We then exchanged email addresses, but along that road, my computer decided to kill out on me while were chatting back and forth through Yahoo Messenger. He had asked to see a pic or two of me and I had asked the same of him. Is there anyone out there in this whole site who knows who this guy is? I've tried to do the member search and I keep getting shot down. I know people sometimes get busy and don't check their email often or have crazy work schedules- but It was rather nice to chat with someone who wasn't that much older than myself. Thanks for your help.

do you think it is right to share his information here. I know you only said his name and where he is from. Fortunately, you didn't give his email address. I think nobody should share their personal information so easy on internet.

If you have his pic, use it as your avatar. maybe you can find someone who knows him.HLOu2lA1fjNia77h
Lurker
0 likes
I'm going to defend her. yeah she made a mistake but does she really deserve all of the sarcastic snarky dick headed comments she is getting here? No she doesn't i love this site but people in the forums can be really vicious
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ShyVixen21
here's the situation:

Was his user name here Deric or some variation there of? Try different spellings.
Also, on Yahoo Mess. is there a history you can look at to look at his username there? If you're sure that he already has your e-mail address then it's up to him to contact you. Otherwise, unfortunately, he just may not want to contact you. Strike it up as a lesson learned about the internet. Good luck.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ShyVixen21
here's the situation:

Was his user name here Deric or some variation thereof? Try different spellings.
Also, on Yahoo Mess. is there a history you can look at to see his username there? If you're sure that he already has your e-mail address then it's up to him to contact you. Otherwise, unfortunately, he just may not want to contact you. Strike it up as a lesson learned about the internet. Good luck.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by ShyVixen21
here's the situation:

Was his user name here Deric or some variation thereof? Try different spellings.
Also, on Yahoo Mess. is there a history you can look at to see his username there? If you're sure that he already has your e-mail address then it's up to him to contact you. Otherwise, unfortunately, he just may not want to contact you. Strike it up as a lesson learned about the internet. Good luck.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
IF you search the members just putting in the letters DER on about page 8 you get to the dericks you can look there, Hope that helps.
Ehhhhh, What's up Doc?