I always wanted to be somebody.

last reply
19 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific. And you would like to be?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
"Hey there, Boo Boo."

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm happy being me just wish I could achieve a little more with my life sad
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Taking to the floor with the reach to the sky
I loosen my tie, I loosen my tie
Locking down the door with the rhythm and rhyme
I loosen my tie, I loosen my tie

Trying to recall what you want me to say
I shake it your way, I shake it your way
Counting on the night for a beautiful day
I shake it your way, I shake it your way

And I say you can't get enough
Now you can't get enough
Given a chance I'm gonna be somebody
If for one dance I'm gonna be somebody
Open the door it's gonna make you love me
Facing the floor I'm gonna be somebody

Now it's your time and you know where you stand
With a gun in your hand, with a gun in your hand
Now I'm no longer an ordinary man
Was this your big plan, your gun in your hand?
And I say you can't get enough
Now you can't get enough

Given a chance I'm gonna be somebody
If for one dance I'm gonna be somebody
Open the door it's gonna make you love me
Facing the floor I'm gonna be somebody
Be somebody, be somebody

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You are somebody. Build it from where you are. It'll be productive and satisfying.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
id rather be somebody for a day then a nobody for a life time
Lurker
0 likes
Me? I'm just a nobody

Lurker
0 likes
I just wanna be me. I'm happy with my life, sure I'm not perfect. I don't have everything I want with within reach, but I'm happy. I have friends and family who love me, I have high times, low times and in between times and I wouldn't change me for anything, because I love me and I try to be the best me that I can be and that's all you can really do. Be happy being you because there is only one you!
Lurker
0 likes
I'm happy being me and achieving the goals I set for myself as they come along, no matter how hard I set them or how long it takes me to get to them. I definitely have a rough road ahead of me, but it will definitely pay off. And then more goals...I love being me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Younger. That way I could stop Myself from making the stupid mistakes I have made!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Guest
I'm happy being me just wish I could achieve a little more with my life sad

Same here. I wish I could have achieved my goals in life.

Some goals I could have achieved if I had had better mental health, social understanding, and social skills at the time.

Others were probably beyond my talent level.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i am who i am and i most of the time i think she's pretty great. would i be someone else if i could? well, Dancing Doll, maybe, but i could never be as awesome as her - she's way better at being her than i could ever be. biggrin

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

0 likes
Quote by sprite
i am who i am and i most of the time i think she's pretty great. would i be someone else if i could? well, Dancing Doll, maybe, but i could never be as awesome as her - she's way better at being her than i could ever be. biggrin

Rach, I totally think you're on a different path of awesomeness than DD. One where whimsy, silliness and water balloons are abundant.

In fact I think you're awesomeness is absolutely perfect to me.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Clumeleon
0 likes
When I was younger, I wanted to be the best at something. I didn't really care what that was but I wanted to be better at it than everyone else.

Turns out, I'm pretty ordinary. I'm good at a lot of things, but not the best. I'm also bad at a lot of things. With time, wisdom has come and told me I don't need to be the best, I just need to do my best.

Now, I want to be the best me I can be. I want to create the most value, support the most people and be the happiest I can with this life.

Will I be "somebody"? Maybe. Probably not. As long as I'm "somebody" to someone, it will have been a worthwhile existence, right?
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by clum
When I was younger, I wanted to be the best at something. I didn't really care what that was but I wanted to be better at it than everyone else.

Turns out, I'm pretty ordinary. I'm good at a lot of things, but not the best. I'm also bad at a lot of things. With time, wisdom has come and told me I don't need to be the best, I just need to do my best.

Now, I want to be the best me I can be. I want to create the most value, support the most people and be the happiest I can with this life.

Will I be "somebody"? Maybe. Probably not. As long as I'm "somebody" to someone, it will have been a worthwhile existence, right?

Perfect answer Mister.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by clum

Wow...intelligent, humble and almost poetic.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I was a teen, I wanted to be Joan Jett. But now I don't really want to be somebody else. If I am a nobody, then so be it. But I figure I must be somebody to someone, so I just try be the best me I can be,
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
When I a senior in highschool I was the class clown, I talked like donald duck, cry like a baby, and numerous animal sounds. People signed my yearbook saying they'd see me in hollywood. But my life is perfect just the way it is now with five pretty wonderful children and five beautiful grandchildren. I wouldn't change a thing!