Met someone famous?

last reply
64 replies
9.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I would never approach a celebrity because I'm sure I'd bug them and/or say something stupid. But I have had the opportunity to say hello to Louis CK, Sarah Jessica Parker, Shirley Manson from Garbage, Mel Gibson (circa 1998, pre-crazy).
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have met several famous people.

Richard Petty and Kyle Petty- at a charity function in my hometown.

At a Western Film Fair at the Radisson Plaza Hotel in Charlotte, North Carolina I met the following:

James Best- who played Roscoe P. Coltrane on The Dukes of Hazzard and had my picture taken with him.

Donna Douglas- who played Elly Mae Clampett on The Beverly Hillbillies and had my picture taken with her as well.

The Statler Brothers- the country music group. Had my picture taken with them as well.

In 2003, the place where I work become a prop for the movie Radio starring Ed Harris, Cuba Gooding, Jr. and Alfre Woodard. While they were filming the movie, we still worked, but took breaks to watch the filming. Between filming, some of the stars would mingle with us, and I got to meet all three I mentioned. Ed Harris was the nicest guy and Cuba Gooding Jr. was humorous. I actually have no comment for Alfre Woodard. (It's safe to say she left a lasting impression!)

Alexandra Ripley- Author of Scarlett, the sequel to Gone with the Wind shortly before she passed away.

But the person I will always remember meeting most is the late Patrick Swayze. When I was in the sixth grade in 1985, the television movie/mini-series, The North and The South, was filmed in my home state and my hometown, and my teacher took us on a field trip to watch the filming on one of the city streets. My class stood just outside the building where Patrick Swayze was filming a scene. When he was through filming, he saw us standing and watching, and walked over. We were all so nervous, but Patrick Swayze was just as nice and understanding. He let us ask him questions and he answered every one of them and then he signed autographs. I will always remember that. When he passed away, it meant more to me that I actually got to meet him.
"So don't cry to me.
If you loved me,
You would be here with me.
Don't lie to me,
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind."

--Evanescence
Lurker
0 likes
Sat next to Tom Brocha on a plane and chatted. Drank whisky and hung with Hank Jr. after a concert
Lurker
0 likes
As a photographer for a TV network, I met a lot of very famous people, and four US Presidents. Cool job!
Lurker
0 likes
I have met some country singers.
Diamond Rio, Neal McCoy, Lonestar, John Berry, Toby Keith,John Denver.
Also Air Supply.
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Bob Hope, B.B. King, several members of the Bears when I was younger and baby sat for their kids.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, many...Tony Curtis, Peter Gabriel, The Pointer Sisters, Bette Midler, Nigel Lithgoe, John Goodman, Roy Orbison, Tom Selleck, The Ventures, Barbara Walters, Meredith Viega, Burt Reynolds, etc...
Breast Lover
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Shaquille Oneil,Roy Rogers both gentelmen and many others