When Lush friends just disappear.

last reply
136 replies
12.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
It was a shock to us all recently when our little Irish rapscallion Stephanie decided to jump the Lush boat. What a guy he was and I can only imagine how missed he must be.

The question on everybody's lips is: why did he delete his account?

For many years, Stephanie was a bit of a loose-cannon. He thought nothing of insulting a large proportion of people on Lush. He'd throw around derogatory names -- "Dyke", "Cunt" and "Carpet muncher", to name but a few. He insulted people, and was, at times, incredibly rude. And he did it all with a middle finger in the air, saying "I couldn't give a fuck what people think".

Most people laughed, stating that is was just Steph, a bit of loose cannon, and therefore we'll turn a blind eye. After all, it was all said in jest, so nobody cared really -- did they? But what those people didn't realise was intelligent people are not entertained by that sort of behavior. They are, instead, disgusted by it. So all it succeed in doing, really, was repelling the intelligent people among us. Not to mention the time he insulted and upset a good friend of mine, not a cyber friend, but a real-life friend.

But the irony of it all is that as soon as people threw a little bit of shit back in his direction, he ran for the hills, screaming and crying, acting the drama queen, and deleted his account.

A piece of advice: if you give shit out on a regular basis, you have to be prepared to take it back at some point. You only give as good as you can take.

So come on Steph, old buddy. All is forgiven and forgotten. Come back and join the party.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was given a note the day my friend left me on lush, was very saddened to learn that he was leaving, at least he had the decentacy to tell me....but than again he may still be here under a different username....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think a certain friend of mine got inactive when the passwords got loopy last march.. I think he never recovered his account password which is such a shame.. I missed him.. sad
She's mad, but she's magic. There's no lie in her fire. ~ Charles Bukowski
Ungovernable
0 likes
Quote by Burning_desire
It's always upsetting to loose a friend, most times they come back after a break you just have to be patient. If they mean anything to you set up other ways to stay in contact ..

You were right. He did come back. Not for me but that's ok. Score one for the irresistible allure of Lush!

Edit (and epilogue): And yes, this time other ways to stay in contact were set up. Then they went unused. Chapter closed.
Lurker
0 likes
I just joined Lush and dont have many close friends but if I get close to any of them i would hope they would say goodbye
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by vanessa26

FUCK lol and now that song is in my head..

Where did LadyAnnWest go???
My Stories

No Ordinary Gal

Fucked and Taken

That Special Evening
Butterfly
0 likes
I also format their memory in my mind smile
Lurker
0 likes
Most of my past friends have given me notice yet not always. I have one friend here who came back after a few months, but he didn’t tell me that he was under another user here before. I was fortunate that he finally fessed up to me, who he was here before.
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
Quote by curious3045

I miss her too!!!
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by curious3045

To that great millinery in the sky.
0 likes
Some do delete profile and never ever return to lush.
Others remake and then let you know it's them after sometime.

Many are personas that change usernames and name(its like damn)--they usually get their characters mixed up and it's fun watching them try to dig themselves out.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes one day there here than poof they have gone lol but still wonder what there up to now
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
I wish friends would say they're leaving rather than leave without any notice. I've had a couple of friends who simply disappeared and its kind of a bummer. A little courtesy goes a long way.
Meagan
Щíccαη Щoods Щhore
0 likes
The times that really make me sad are friends you've had for a year or longer, talk with all of the time,
und suddenly, without any clue to why,
their gone from your friends list when you want to bbox them, und you find yourself wondering,...
staring at the "404-Page Not Found".

I think most anyone who has been here for a few years, especially those who have collected maybe 200+ friends
und haven't ever cleaned out their list,
then they will suddenly find after checking their friends pages that about half of them haven't been to Lush in almost a year,
never having said goodbye.
Many of these are just passers by who tried out Lush, but never found a good friend here, maybe got hurt by someone's BS,
or personal reasons they haven't came back.
. . .♀♌TT☩✯⁂⊕⧋▽⧊ )◯( ψΨ∅ǯǮǯ∞✾❈❁✤. . .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
People just come and go .Its the same on all forums whether they are hobby type or lifestyle type .
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I have become aware of a few friends totally disappear from Lush over these 5 plus years.

I can only assume they were caught up in circumstances that did not allow them to notify their friends.

What some of us tend to forget at times is that, the person on the other side of this screen is very real... and as much as this is a sex chat site, we find and share and bond with a few incredibly amazing human beings through this space.

All I have wished and hoped for is that, whatever their situation and wherever they might be, that they are safe... and they continue to seek for the very best in life and gain it to their very best extent!!