Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Who were your parent's favorite rock groups?

last reply
35 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes
Dad was an independent concert promoter (think con man) in the 60's & 70's. He knew and saw just about everyone, east coast to west, especially blues based groups. Alman Brothers were top of his list, but loved the Yardbirds, Kinks, pre-pop Fleetwood Mac, Paul Butterfield, John Mayall, King Crimson, et al. He left the business against the rise of Disco, but always kept a hand in.
The Linebacker
0 likes
My dad is also a huge Allman Brothers Band fan. I guess because of his influence, l am also a huge fan of the old Allman Brothers fan.

My parents, when they were dating and still in college. became big fans of a band made up of four UGA students, and used to go hear them play at little bars in Athens, GA. That band later got a recording contract. That band was R.E.M.
Certified Mind Reader
0 likes
He was into all the regular classic rock stuff: Beatles, Stones, Yes, Zeppelin, Doors, Pink Floyd, etc. More recently, though, he's decided that he really likes Radiohead and Spiritualized.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
They were both huge Beatles fans and I grew up with their music playing in the house all the time. Dad was also a big fan of Elton John.
Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes
Quote by Buz
My dad is also a huge Allman Brothers Band fan. I guess because of his influence, l am also a huge fan of the old Allman Brothers fan.

My father was at the '70 Fillmore East concert for the live recording, which he considered the greatest of all time. He admitted he had kind of a thing for Dickey Betts...
0 likes
My parents were really from the last generation before rock and roll hit, so their popular music tastes tended more to doo-wop and swing. The Four Lads (50s Canadian vocal group) is a band as I recall them liking. They did have fairly varied tastes, though, and got into some contemporary stuff, like ABBA in the seventies. Dad was a fan of Judy Collins, IIRC, but she's folk, not rock.
0 likes
THE CRAMPS, THE DAMNED, KILLING JOKE, MINISTRY and many more.
Lurker
0 likes
My parents only listened to Country and Western. My Mom liked Hank Williams, Sr and Marty Robbins; and Dad liked Don Williams. My Dad also liked one Herb Alpert record, but I think it had more to do with the cover on the album than the actual music. LOL
0 likes
Sadly, rock music was not a thing when my parents were young — but after I had left home my mother purchased a copy of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. I had to do a double-take when she told me.

This is the woman who thought I had gone off the rails when she heard me playing Fairport Convention at the tender age of fifteen.

As a young child (say five or six)she let me play with her 78s.

I remember this one:

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Mom and Dad were teens in the 40's. They hated rock. The Andrews Sisters would be as close as they came to rock. lol
Dirty Stop-out
0 likes
We had Beatles and Everly Brothers albums on the record player a lot. Cassette tapes in the car for long journeys had a lot of 1960s mix tapes..
"Keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel" was a lyric I still remember from those times

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

0 likes
Who were your parent's favorite rock groups?

My parents? LOL...Their favorite music was from the swing band era. Hell, my older brother's favorite groups were from Folk music groups.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I remember coming home after elementary school and jamming with my mom in her car to Run-DMC :-)
Dirty Stop-out
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

You had such cool parents

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

Southern Barefoot Angel
0 likes
My mom had a wide range of music taste
Elvis, Alabama, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Queen were played alot when I was growing up.
0 likes
Quote by deviantsusie

You had such cool parents

My parents are still dope. Today I rolled up on them and they were spinning PROJECT PITCHFORK, FROZEN AUTUMN and PINK TURNS BLUE

They get a kick of people thinking they're my siblings cause my parents do not look their age.

And Thankyou.

Lurker
0 likes
Both my parents were too old for rock, really. My dad turned 16 in 1955, so he was into the original rock n' roll, skiffle and trad jazz (he was a huge Louis Armstrong fan), and vocalists like Sinatra, Bing Crosby and Peggy Lee. To him everything after about 1960 was the decline of western civilisation. He didn't like The Beatles, and he loathed The Stones. I never dared ask what he made of punk ;-)

My mum was a few years younger and while she loved some of the same singers as dad, she's always been into later stuff too - Simon & Garfunkel, a bit of acoustic Neil Young and The Byrds, things like that. She liked a few things by some of the bands I was into in the eighties too, Aztec Camera, Prefab Sprout, U2, Deacon Blue, that kind of thing.

They both liked a lot of classical as well.

I got a lot of my musical taste from them, although it took me a while to come round to some of those things. I got into jazz when I was 19 or so, but I liked Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Mingus, Monk, Rollins and Bird etc. I thought my dad's trad stuff was really naff for a long time, took me another ten years or so to think "actually, that's really good".

I brought my daughters up playing a lot of music around them, but never tried to really persuade them to listen to anything in particular, I figured they might just pick up on stuff they like by osmosis. The elder one isn't so much into music, but my younger one was asking me for recommendations on good Roxy Music albums the other day, and that made me very happy.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

That was the stuff I was playing when I was 18 that drove my dad crazy. I remember him sticking his head round my bedroom door one time I had something like a Big Black or Slayer lp on and he just looked terrified
0 likes
Quote by Rick72

That was the stuff I was playing when I was 18 that drove my dad crazy. I remember him sticking his head round my bedroom door one time I had something like a Big Black or Slayer lp on and he just looked terrified

I have no idea what or who Big Black may be--who is that?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

I have no idea what or who Big Black may be--who is that?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mom always liked The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, and Guns and Roses.
Snake Charmera
0 likes
My mom liked a bunch of different types of music. Creedance, Heart, Meatloaf, Carol King, Zeppelin, Captain and Tennille. Later she liked Guns and Roses, Poison, then country music, and even some rap.

My Anti-Valentine Entry 💔

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-valentines-date-to-remember

My first EP and a top ten from the Pride Competition
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/lesbian/-love-is-love-.aspx

Hanging in the background but around

Lurker
0 likes
My Dad liked Shirley Bassey and my Mum liked Connie Francis
Indefinable !
0 likes
I've had flashbacks to my Mom singing along to Frankie Vaughan and my Dad listening to the James Last Orchestra and Jim Reeves,
There are no strangers here - just lots of sexy friendly folk to chat with ?
Lurker
0 likes
My parents are Dead Heads,still to this day
Lurker
0 likes
My parents were and still are into Simon and Garfunkel, John McClean, Billy Joel, The Seekers, The Eagles, The Bee Gees and Cold Chisel
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My parents were pretty diverse in music. They enjoyed Heavy Metal. AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, and Motörhead! Plus Pink Floyd, ABBA, Elton John. We never knew what to expect as kids when we got home.
Mana wahine
0 likes
The Police were played a lot on repeat in our household growing up. The same with Talking Heads, Fleetwood Mac and David Bowie. Icehouse was another favourite (people outside of NZ and Australia may not know of them) Split Enz, and a group called Misex (again, probs not known outside of NZ and Aus)