Self Publishing

last reply
6 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
For those who are interested in trying to earn some money from their stories online, if you've not already heard of them, check out http://www.lulu.com - from their website:

Set free your inner media mogul.

Lulu gives you all sorts of ways to sell your fabulous new creation to the whole wide world - you set your own price, we print and ship each item as it's ordered, and you collect 80% of the creator revenue on every sale.

Then your book is, if you choose, automatically listed for sale on the Lulu Marketplace - a booming ecommerce destination that attracts more than 900,000 unique visitors every week. Even better, Lulu's #1 ranking among self-publishing websites ensures that your work will show up at the top of the search results in places like Google and Yahoo.

We even make it possible for you to get your own ISBN, so you can make your masterpiece available in retail stores, libraries and schools around the world - online and off.
Lurker
0 likes
I would be interested in this. I've never heard of Lulu, so I'll check them out. I have some other work that is non-erotic that may use the outlets Lulu offers. Thanks.
Matriarch
0 likes
You're too modest.
Lurker
0 likes
Sometimes, I use my right hand. Other times I use the left hand. Lube always helps, too.

Oh, I thought you said "self-polishing". My mistake.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You've got sex on the brain rocco man!
Lurker
0 likes
Nothing wrong with a little "couch hockey for one", "fertilizing the lawn", or being like Frank Sinatra and "holdin' the mic kinda low", I always say.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I found Lulu to be very easy to use. My book is "Magical Clothes", available in ebook and print. The one major drawback is that the print books are more expensive than mass-produced books. As e-books, however, they are quite reasonable.

You will definitely need to do your own marketing in a big way. Lulu is JUST a printer and distributor, NOT a publisher. Making your title available there isn't going to get you any sales all by itself. Many people shy away from self-published titles because so many of them are so shoddily edited.

Mine excepted, of course.
Erotic short stories, excerpts, and serials in DRM-free audio: http://nobilis.libsyn.com