Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

U.N. Plans Assad Assassination - Multiple Sources Confirm Ground Invasion of Syria Options · View
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 3:47:26 PM

TransitionalMan
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 5:10:50 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

The UN (by charter) only really acts through the Security Council, and with Russia and China vetoing even mild sanctions the UN will not get intervened. Methinks this is all wishful thinking.
1curiouscat
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 7:52:16 PM

... lets see the newspapers tomorow

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
orego69
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 11:48:31 AM

Might happen now.

Maybe you jumped the gun

ByronLord
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 5:03:39 PM

Katland wrote:
http://revolutionarypolitics.tv/video/viewVideo.php?video_id=17844

Please, no these UN conspiracy stories are really very silly. The UN is nothing more than a venue where governments meet and discuss their differences. There is no UN police force or military. All UN forces are in fact national forces carrying out tasks under a UN mandate.

Any UN mandate has to be agreed by the security council where the US, China and Russia all have vetoes. In the case of Syria, Russia has blocked all attempts to impose sanctions or authorize military force against the Assad regime. The issue is not simply propping up one of the few countries Russia can claim as being in its sphere of influence, if Syria falls it is likely that other dominoes in the Caspian sea region will follow. About half the remaining really shitty governments left are in that region.

If Russia was prepared to let Assad fall the whole crisis would have been over months ago.

Buz
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2012 7:33:16 PM

The UN? I seriously doubt that. Besides with everyone that would be in the loop I don't think they could pull it off successfully.

But really the UN?

ByronLord
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 3:01:17 PM

Buz wrote:
The UN? I seriously doubt that. Besides with everyone that would be in the loop I don't think they could pull it off successfully.

But really the UN?
Its the sort of conspiracy nonsense that almost always comes with 'donate here so that we can warn everyone' at the end of the message.

One of the things Ralph Reed and Jerry Falwell brought with them when they founded the Moral Majority was they moved the techniques conscience free pastors like Falwell used to prey on their viewer's wallets to the GOP.

Ruthie
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 6:36:58 PM

The page you linked to isn't available.
Sol_Invictus
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 7:23:11 PM

Oh for the love of Christ, there isn't going to be a land invasion of Syria by the UN. The UN can barely find it's ass with both hands. And the UN doesn't have an inherent military capability anyway, though we did offer after the Second World War.
Kitanica
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 7:51:20 PM

will this happen? No. Should it? Yes
Rebels are gaining ground, only way I see un stepping in is if he pulls a sadam (silent but deadly) aka gas attack
elitfromnorth
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2012 7:50:58 AM

The UN won't intervene unless Assad uses a chemical attack. Then Russia and China can't protect Assad anymore. They'll probably refrain from voting and won't participate in any actions. If Assad is sensible and refrains from using the gas then the only way any other countries will be involved is if they send more rockets into Turkey. being a NATO member this is the excuse the west needs to start bombing the shit out of Assad. That's why Russia is against the deployment of the patriots. But ground invasion is definetely out of the question. They have learned from Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya. They will bomb and let the rebels do the ground assaults.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."