Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Where are all the aliens? Options · View
DanielleX
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:40:41 AM

Rank: Blonde Bombshell

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 1,890
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
The question of extra terrestrial life would come up now and then at home and at uni. Most people's responses was that 'there must be life, because with all the billions of stars there must be some planets that hold life.'

I don't like this answer, it's a cop out. Really, what evidence is there? I mean what hard evidence is there that life exists in the universe other than on our little planet? I'm not counting farmers in the mid west who've been kidnapped and mysteriously transported back. I'm also not counting fuzzy flying saucers that were really Stealth Bombers. So, I ask - if there is life on other planets out there, where are they? Why don't they come and say hello?

I have my own theories but want to hear others first.

elitfromnorth
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 8:05:24 AM

Rank: Brawling Berserker

Joined: 2/12/2012
Posts: 1,620
Location: Burrowed, Norway
By saying there's life on other planets doesn't automatically make it into being creatures with Star Wars technology. It can be something as simple as basic micro organisms that are stuck in some muddy pond in a different galaxy. Also consider the technology that would be required to travel through space. Most of the more earth like planets are millions of lightyears away, which means you would have to travel a whole lot faster than the speed of light to be able to reach it in one generation.

We have barely started exploring our neighbouring planet Mars. We're still not sure if there's something as simple as water on it. Who knows what was on Mars 10 million years ago. And the reason we don't have hard evidence is simply because we're just getting at the technology that's capable of looking for hard evidence.

Statistically with all the stars and planets that is in our massive universe, there is life on other planets. However how far they've evolved and if they've evolved at all is a different that is merely speculation. No one has ever said they have hard evidence on extra terrestrial life.

The arguments you put forth sound like something a religious fanatic would say in defence of the Bible being 6000 years old and that there is no other life than what God created here on Earth...

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
DanielleX
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 8:29:31 AM

Rank: Blonde Bombshell

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 1,890
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Hi,
I didn't know I came across as a religious fanatic. Anyway, I'm not saying there's no life out there. I also accept that any life might be microbial. However, I don't get the statistical part. What is that based on?

I'm a bit concerned that you're using an example that requires travel faster than the speed of light. I'm no physicist but I do know that's not possible.

I guess you're saying, and forgive me if I'm mis-reading you, but there could be life out there, it's just that we'll NEVER know?



nazhinaz
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 8:57:06 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/16/2010
Posts: 293
Location: Longview, United States
DanielleX wrote:
Hi,
I didn't know I came across as a religious fanatic. Anyway, I'm not saying there's no life out there. I also accept that any life might be microbial. However, I don't get the statistical part. What is that based on?

I'm a bit concerned that you're using an example that requires travel faster than the speed of light. I'm no physicist but I do know that's not possible.

I guess you're saying, and forgive me if I'm mis-reading you, but there could be life out there, it's just that we'll NEVER know?


Consider that about 300 years or so, mankind could travel just on the horseback.
In the next 300 years we have been able to travel as fast as say about 18,000 miles per hour.
Who knows in next 500 years we may be able to travel by transmitting our particles/molecules.(Star wars)
As for the possiblity of life in any of the billions of stars and worlds in an ever expanding world; it would be denial without knowledge.
But there is a strong possibility that life must be existing in many such stars.
If there is carbon, hydrogen and oxygen in any atmosphere, life is a certainity there.
DanielleX
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:16:49 AM

Rank: Blonde Bombshell

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 1,890
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
Ah OK Naz, fair point but life is more than just a bunch of elements isn't it? Do we know how likely it was for life to start on Earth? What if statistically the chances were vanishingly small?

On the other hand, what if as you say, it's just a question of chemistry and life is everywhere? How will we ever know?

The more I think about this the more it's hurting my head :(

elitfromnorth
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 9:20:11 AM

Rank: Brawling Berserker

Joined: 2/12/2012
Posts: 1,620
Location: Burrowed, Norway
I'm saying that with today's technology we'll never know. Technology speeds forward at an increadible rate so when I'm an old man we might be able to travel fast enough to have holidays on Mars(for the really filthy rich people).

The statisics are based on that there's such and such big chance for there to be a planet that can sustain life(as we know it) and there is so and so chance for a meteor to strike said planet with molecules that can form amino acids and so forth. The chances for there being life on one given planet is small, but considering all the billions and trillions of stars and planets in our universe the chance becomes better the more we discover.

That said, a life on a different planet doesn't have to follow the same rules as we do. Considering the diversity of that animals, insects and plants can survive on our planet, in regards to temperature and other conditions, how can we exclude that there is life that can live with much higher or lower temperatures than ours?

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
Guest
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 11:11:49 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,409
That's easy....they are all in Washington...screwing up our country...I think they call them Republicans, and Democrats.....cussing cussing cussing cussing
WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 11:41:52 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,299
Location: Cakeland, United States
DanielleX wrote:
I have my own theories but want to hear others first.


It could be argued that the precursor of todays internet (at least in my hemisphere) was the BBS network of the late 80s to early 90s. And aside from forums devoted to the topic of sex, where to get it, how to view it, download/trade, etc...

Forums devoted to discussions of UFOs were the 2nd most popular topic to be found on those BBSs.
laughing3

This is not perhaps the best website (LushStories) to find out about such information/disinformation, etc...but this video below is not a waste of time to view. I've been repeatedly ridiculed (here @ Lush...Nutbag and I don't really care) but if you're curious about where to start looking... send me a PM, I'll put you onto some of my sources where you can read up and then be as confused as I am. evil4

I've only seriously been diving into this topic (and dozens of related hard to believe things) since about 2004, after wasting most of my adult life in pursuit of getting laid frequently. t1517 Getting laid has always been easier and more fun.





If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
DanielleX
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 9:28:40 AM

Rank: Blonde Bombshell

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 1,890
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
I don't believe in UFOs. Why would they be so cagey about it. Surely any civilization will go through the 'I wonder if anyone is out there stage'? If we could travel the distances of space surely we would make proper contact.

No, I still come back to the same question, where are they? I'm not asking IF they're out there, because no one can know, so it's a meaningless question.

I said I had my own theories, so here they are:

1. The distances are just too great to overcome. There's no reason to presume that any life form has come up with the necessary technology. Conclusion = They could be out there but we'll never know.

2. We have already been visited many thousands or millions of years ago. We're insignificant and word's got round the universe not to bother. Conclusion = we might get a visit, but don't hold your breath.

3. Civilisations evolve and then die out before they get the chance to develop the necessary technology. Conclusion = They could be out there but we'll never know.

4. Life is everywhere throughout the universe, but it's mainly squidgy. Intelligent life is limited to the Earth. Same conclusion as above.

Obviously I might have got have this wrong and we'll get a visit tomorrow. I just find this subject really fascinating.

ByronLord
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:18:39 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/14/2010
Posts: 753
Location: Massachusetts, United States
Space is really big. There are billions of stars but they are a long way apart.

There are really no good reasons for interstellar conquest. Any mineral resources are most easily obtained from an asteroid or a small planet. The cost of takeoff goes up with the third power of the planet's mass. It is essentially impossible to escape the gravity well of Jupiter or Saturn. Taking off from the moon is pretty easy. So aliens might want to invade the moon but earth is much less attractive.

Any alien civilization that has mastered inter-stellar travel has already mastered robotics and can produce any material goods without effort. So all the traditional incentives for conquest have gone.

That only leaves making the equivalent of National Geographic type shows. The presenters don't show themselves to the animals in those very often...

nazhinaz
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 3:32:10 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/16/2010
Posts: 293
Location: Longview, United States
DanielleX wrote:
Ah OK Naz, fair point but life is more than just a bunch of elements isn't it? Do we know how likely it was for life to start on Earth? What if statistically the chances were vanishingly small?

On the other hand, what if as you say, it's just a question of chemistry and life is everywhere? How will we ever know?

The more I think about this the more it's hurting my head :(

I never said life is merely a question of chemistry.
Surely chemistry and proper combination of Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen and such other elements is necessary;
but the right environment too is necessary for the combination.
And yes, we can calculate with our computers now.
It was about 1 out of 3 billion chances to start life on earth.
We can consider the chances in the outer world maybe the same.
But for sure, we can't be alone in this universe.
nazhinaz
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 3:39:41 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/16/2010
Posts: 293
Location: Longview, United States
DanielleX wrote:
I don't believe in UFOs. Why would they be so cagey about it. Surely any civilization will go through the 'I wonder if anyone is out there stage'? If we could travel the distances of space surely we would make proper contact.

No, I still come back to the same question, where are they? I'm not asking IF they're out there, because no one can know, so it's a meaningless question.

I said I had my own theories, so here they are:

1. The distances are just too great to overcome. There's no reason to presume that any life form has come up with the necessary technology. Conclusion = They could be out there but we'll never know.

2. We have already been visited many thousands or millions of years ago. We're insignificant and word's got round the universe not to bother. Conclusion = we might get a visit, but don't hold your breath.

3. Civilisations evolve and then die out before they get the chance to develop the necessary technology. Conclusion = They could be out there but we'll never know.

4. Life is everywhere throughout the universe, but it's mainly squidgy. Intelligent life is limited to the Earth. Same conclusion as above.

Obviously I might have got have this wrong and we'll get a visit tomorrow. I just find this subject really fascinating.

I may add here.
There is a theory about the black holes.
Lets not discuss black holes, black matter and black energy here, but they do exist.
The theory is that black holes engulf matter and turn it into energy which is emitted on the other side of this universe where another universe, call it a NON UNIVERSE exists.
The energy thus released there is again transformed into matter slowly and gradually.
And a new cycle of Universe with matter, energy, black energy, and black holes starts again.
This process is without any time limit.
Just enjoy it.
Shylass
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 4:07:34 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,595
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
ByronLord wrote:


That only leaves making the equivalent of National Geographic type shows. The presenters don't show themselves to the animals in those very often...


Exactly. I've always reckoned that if there are setient beings with superior technology and/or intelligence to us, they wouldn't want to start communications with us lot anyway. Call me cynical if you will (I am), but I wouldn't want to talk to us either.

Look what they did to E.T.! If he'd survived and stayed, they would have made him face a barrage of tests and media hype. If "negotiations" with his people had begun, they'd be faced with a bunch of lying, heartless, aggressive, ignorant, self-seeking arrogance. And that's just from the politicians.

If their extra-terrestrial technology is advanced enough that the military can't "see" them, then that's safest. But if they do see them, they'd have war planes on them in one half-ring of a telephone.

I think there is life out there in some form. And if they're smart, they will stay away from humanity, which, in my opinion, is something I would be generally ashamed to introduce them, with a few tiny exceptions.


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Shylass
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 4:08:30 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,595
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
ByronLord wrote:


That only leaves making the equivalent of National Geographic type shows. The presenters don't show themselves to the animals in those very often...


Exactly. I've always reckoned that if there are setient beings with superior technology and/or intelligence to us, they wouldn't want to start communications with us lot anyway. Call me cynical if you will (I am), but I wouldn't want to talk to us either.

Look what they did to E.T.! If he'd survived and stayed, they would have made him face a barrage of tests and media hype. If "negotiations" with his people had begun, they'd be faced with a bunch of lying, heartless, aggressive, ignorant, self-seeking arrogance. And that's just from the politicians.

If their extra-terrestrial technology is advanced enough that the military can't "see" them, then that's safest. But if they do see them, they'd have war planes on them in one half-ring of a telephone.

I think there is life out there in some form. And if they're smart, they will stay away from humanity, which, in my opinion, is something I would be generally ashamed to introduce them, with a few tiny exceptions.


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
overmykneenow
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 5:16:36 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,024
Location: United Kingdom
DanielleX wrote:
I don't believe in UFOs. Why would they be so cagey about it. Surely any civilization will go through the 'I wonder if anyone is out there stage'? If we could travel the distances of space surely we would make proper contact.

No, I still come back to the same question, where are they? I'm not asking IF they're out there, because no one can know, so it's a meaningless question.

I said I had my own theories, so here they are:

1. The distances are just too great to overcome. There's no reason to presume that any life form has come up with the necessary technology. Conclusion = They could be out there but we'll never know.

2. We have already been visited many thousands or millions of years ago. We're insignificant and word's got round the universe not to bother. Conclusion = we might get a visit, but don't hold your breath.

3. Civilisations evolve and then die out before they get the chance to develop the necessary technology. Conclusion = They could be out there but we'll never know.

4. Life is everywhere throughout the universe, but it's mainly squidgy. Intelligent life is limited to the Earth. Same conclusion as above.

Obviously I might have got have this wrong and we'll get a visit tomorrow. I just find this subject really fascinating.


OK let's tackle logic one step at a time.

1. Well yes, as far as our understanding is concerned, the distances for a creature of a life span of only 70-80 years are a bit much - plus there's no guarantee of finding anything when you get out there.

2. Life has existed on this planet for over 3 billion years - most of that time it was little more than a few cells. To put that in context imagine that as one day. Dinosaurs would only turn up at around 10 o'clock in the evening. The earliest forms of what would become humans turn up around one minute to midnight. Modern humans turn up around 4 seconds to midnight. We develop written language around 1/8th of a second before the witching hour. As you can see the chances of landing on a planet on any arbitrary point during it's history you're unlikely to come across anything you can hope to relate to.

3. The same will most likely happen to us. The chances of a mass extinction event happening are far higher than aliens arriving.

4. Bit of a leap taken on this one but ok. Life is pretty amazing, mix together carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and a bit of energy and in the right conditions it'll just happen. 25 years ago we had no physical proof that there were planets around stars. We thought that it was likely that there would be but there's was no solid proof. But then one was discovered, and then another until now we know of over 800 of them. Who's to say the same won't happen with intelligent life

We may not reach planets with intelligent life and they may not reach us (we're pretty much on the outskirts of the galaxy) but we may manage one day to make radio contact with them. The trouble is, astronomical timescales don't fit in well with our squidy lifetimes. It might happen but yeah, don't hold your breath.

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Guest
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 7:50:59 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,409
Most are where they really belong -- on the other side of the border. The rest are scattered among our country sucking up our resources and living free off our government. Wait this isn't about illegal aliens?

It states in the bible that satan will try to deceive us in believing there are UFO's, aliens, bigfoot, and such. It's up to us as to what we actually believe, satan or God? The choice is yours..........
CurlyGirly
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 10:50:18 AM

Rank: CurlyFries

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 1,779
Location: United States
dex69 wrote:
Most are where they really belong -- on the other side of the border. The rest are scattered among our country sucking up our resources and living free off our government. Wait this isn't about illegal aliens?

It states in the bible that satan will try to deceive us in believing there are UFO's, aliens, bigfoot, and such. It's up to us as to what we actually believe, satan or God? The choice is yours..........


So, taking the Bible that literally, does that mean you're in Satan's camp? I'm honestly curious since you brought the Bible into this discussion. confused5


I guess I'm "agnostic" about aliens; not believe it until I see it, although it would not surprise me if some type of life were found on another planet. There is so much yet to be discovered.



It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?



DanielleX
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 11:21:53 AM

Rank: Blonde Bombshell

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 1,890
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
nazhinaz wrote:

I never said life is merely a question of chemistry.
Surely chemistry and proper combination of Hydrogen, Carbon, Nitrogen and such other elements is necessary;
but the right environment too is necessary for the combination.
And yes, we can calculate with our computers now.
It was about 1 out of 3 billion chances to start life on earth.
We can consider the chances in the outer world maybe the same.
But for sure, we can't be alone in this universe.


1 out of 3 billion? What does that actually mean?

DanielleX
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 11:24:33 AM

Rank: Blonde Bombshell

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 1,890
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
overmykneenow wrote:


OK let's tackle logic one step at a time.

1. Well yes, as far as our understanding is concerned, the distances for a creature of a life span of only 70-80 years are a bit much - plus there's no guarantee of finding anything when you get out there.

2. Life has existed on this planet for over 3 billion years - most of that time it was little more than a few cells. To put that in context imagine that as one day. Dinosaurs would only turn up at around 10 o'clock in the evening. The earliest forms of what would become humans turn up around one minute to midnight. Modern humans turn up around 4 seconds to midnight. We develop written language around 1/8th of a second before the witching hour. As you can see the chances of landing on a planet on any arbitrary point during it's history you're unlikely to come across anything you can hope to relate to.

3. The same will most likely happen to us. The chances of a mass extinction event happening are far higher than aliens arriving.

4. Bit of a leap taken on this one but ok. Life is pretty amazing, mix together carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and a bit of energy and in the right conditions it'll just happen. 25 years ago we had no physical proof that there were planets around stars. We thought that it was likely that there would be but there's was no solid proof. But then one was discovered, and then another until now we know of over 800 of them. Who's to say the same won't happen with intelligent life

We may not reach planets with intelligent life and they may not reach us (we're pretty much on the outskirts of the galaxy) but we may manage one day to make radio contact with them. The trouble is, astronomical timescales don't fit in well with our squidy lifetimes. It might happen but yeah, don't hold your breath.


I like this answer. Sounds like you've thought about it.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 11:34:04 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,299
Location: Cakeland, United States
CurlyGirly wrote:


So, taking the Bible that literally, does that mean you're in Satan's camp? I'm honestly curious since you brought the Bible into this discussion. confused5


I've always wondered what Mr. Omnipotent thinks about his many followers who are members of erotic story websites.

Does this kind of aberrant behavior encourage His frown cannon retaliation as read about in the old testament or does it allow for him to forgive and love his frequently sinning flock as He turned a new leaf in the new testament?

dontknow

Is god an alien?

On another note... how many hours left to get some great xmas deal$ before the rapture commences?

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
overmykneenow
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 11:53:56 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,024
Location: United Kingdom
DanielleX wrote:


I like this answer. Sounds like you've thought about it.


Yeah I think about a lot of rubbish things ;)



Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
DanielleX
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 12:55:03 PM

Rank: Blonde Bombshell

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 1,890
Location: Liverpool, United Kingdom
overmykneenow wrote:


Yeah I think about a lot of rubbish things ;)



It's not rubbish! It's philosophical :p

Ruthie
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 3:25:06 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 2,385
Location: United States
Life can be defined as any self reproducing organism I suppose. As long as it's capable of replicating itself it is alive. A single celled organism that reproduces by dividing, a paramecium for instance, or a human skin cell would be considered life under that definition. It's hard for me to imagine that there would be places where absolutely no life was present at all. On Earth, life is present almost everywhere. Tardigrades, or water bears, can live in extreme conditions, can live without water and in temperatures approaching absolute zero. There are probably no perfect conditions for life because life comes in too many varieties to need perfection. Organisms have been discovered which can live in sulfuric acid. I don't think that life is nearly as fragile as we have believed. It's actually very persistent and springs up wherever it gets a chance.

We can't really prove that life exists unless we actually find traces of it though. We're not really in a position to find life on other worlds. The best opportunity we have right now is the Mars mission, and that is already corrupt because our equipment may have taken life to Mars with us.

If flying saucers had just suddenly appeared out of nowhere in the 1950's I would find it easier to believe that they are a hoax or just wild imaginings of fertile minds. There are accounts of what might have been flying saucers dating back to at least medieval times in Europe, and eyewitness accounts of a flying object with doors that opened and closed and emitted light in 11th century China.

There is even an account of a battle that took place in the sky over Nuremberg on April 14, 1561. An artist made a woodcut of the battle.

There are cave paintings dating back to prehistory that depict what might be flying objects, and history is full of incidents of strange things seen in the skies.

None of which proves the existence of UFO's or extraterrestrials of course.

I'm pretty sure that the governments would keep them secret if they did know about them. Governments keep secrets.

I'm not sure if I would believe in the existence of UFOs even if I saw one first hand. I'd assume that I was either dreaming or that it was some sort of natural phenomenon or secret government object I was seeing. Being taken aboard the ship and anally probed might convince me though.
nazhinaz
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:45:14 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/16/2010
Posts: 293
Location: Longview, United States
CoopsRuthie wrote:
Life can be defined as any self reproducing organism I suppose. As long as it's capable of replicating itself it is alive. A single celled organism that reproduces by dividing, a paramecium for instance, or a human skin cell would be considered life under that definition. It's hard for me to imagine that there would be places where absolutely no life was present at all. On Earth, life is present almost everywhere. Tardigrades, or water bears, can live in extreme conditions, can live without water and in temperatures approaching absolute zero. There are probably no perfect conditions for life because life comes in too many varieties to need perfection. Organisms have been discovered which can live in sulfuric acid. I don't think that life is nearly as fragile as we have believed. It's actually very persistent and springs up wherever it gets a chance.

We can't really prove that life exists unless we actually find traces of it though. We're not really in a position to find life on other worlds. The best opportunity we have right now is the Mars mission, and that is already corrupt because our equipment may have taken life to Mars with us.

If flying saucers had just suddenly appeared out of nowhere in the 1950's I would find it easier to believe that they are a hoax or just wild imaginings of fertile minds. There are accounts of what might have been flying saucers dating back to at least medieval times in Europe, and eyewitness accounts of a flying object with doors that opened and closed and emitted light in 11th century China.

There is even an account of a battle that took place in the sky over Nuremberg on April 14, 1561. An artist made a woodcut of the battle.

There are cave paintings dating back to prehistory that depict what might be flying objects, and history is full of incidents of strange things seen in the skies.

None of which proves the existence of UFO's or extraterrestrials of course.

I'm pretty sure that the governments would keep them secret if they did know about them. Governments keep secrets.

I'm not sure if I would believe in the existence of UFOs even if I saw one first hand. I'd assume that I was either dreaming or that it was some sort of natural phenomenon or secret government object I was seeing. Being taken aboard the ship and anally probed might convince me though.

you absolutely correct.
Life's one of the basic function is procreation.
Secondly, you right about Life and organisms being present in Sulphuric Acid .
I may add that there are organisms that originate only after the boiling water temperature and there are some which are said to be present at almost as close to absolute zero temperatures too.
Life can be at places where there may not be any trace of water or air.
Another argument presented in this thread above is that a life span of 70 to 80 years is too small for the space journey.
Would it be appropriate to look back into history when the average life of a human being was about 40 years?
Medicine and surgery has done wonders to expand the life span and who knows after a century or two, the average life span may be 300 to 400 years.
Life should be expected to be on other planets and stars too.
But UFO, I full endorse the views expressed by CoopsRuthie.
elitfromnorth
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:54:00 AM

Rank: Brawling Berserker

Joined: 2/12/2012
Posts: 1,620
Location: Burrowed, Norway
CoopsRuthie wrote:

Being taken aboard the ship and anally probed might convince me though.


If more pervs ventured into the Think Tank I bet you'd recieve a whackload of PMs asking you to come aboard their yacht and play with their "probe" evil4

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
overmykneenow
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:28:49 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,024
Location: United Kingdom
elitfromnorth wrote:


If more pervs ventured into the Think Tank I bet you'd recieve a whackload of PMs asking you to come aboard their yacht and play with their "probe" evil4


She's already shown us her woodcut

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:20:16 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,299
Location: Cakeland, United States
nazhinaz wrote:
But UFO, I full endorse the views expressed by CoopsRuthie.





If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:31:01 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,299
Location: Cakeland, United States
DanielleX wrote:


It's not rubbish! It's philosophical :p


That's how I started - too drunken

One night (after a large bottle of chardonnay) I just typed in a string of search words in Google - UFO, dinosaur, God, nukes, Antikythera, Sagan <enter> Your results may vary 8 years later.

Kinda neat what the search engine crawled and returned.



If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Guest
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:15:39 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,409
I have proof that there are others among you. I came to this planet a little over 2,500 years ago. I would tell you my home planet’s name however this keyboard is not equipped with my native tongue. A fact my people, most often do not use words to speak. Only the older generations, know how to speak our language in words. Most of the younger generations barely know of the existence of spoken languages. I taught a class on the spoken form of the language of my people. I left my planet as a respected scientist. In your people’s way of describing time it took me one year to get here. I am not a part of the science community of this planet but as it stands your people believe light is the fastest speed. In fact, this is wrong. But that is okay your people will learn in time. One can observe speed faster than light when looking at a black hole *laughing to myself* it’s funny that you guys call it a black hole. My people define speed into two types: natural and unnatural. Natural speed is speed that can be observed occurring naturally with in space. Unnatural speed only happens when movement is manipulated. The fastest natural occurring speed is the speed of movement. The speed of movement refers to the speed at which a structure interacts with its self and other structures. When I use the word structure I am talking about the molecular level. As to what is the fastest speed that anything can achieve, that is unknown to even my people. However, if you were to try to go to my planet at the speed of light it would take a billion of your planet’s life times. And not to mention the fact that your ships are crude. Even a ship from the popular tv show star trek, going the slow speed of light its mechanics would being to fail with in a second. If a star trek type ship were to go faster than light the rate of mechanisms failing would increase dramatically. There is your proof lol just kidding.
edit: spelled proof wrong. my bad.
Frank
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:33:27 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/16/2011
Posts: 9,278
Location: Pleasure dome, United Kingdom
They've been abducted! evil5



________________________________________________________________

Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you.
Aldous Huxley

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.