Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Abortion and the Death Penalty Options · View
Delphi
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 6:59:08 PM

Kinky_Becky wrote:

And yes, if someone occasionally dies when they are wrongly convicted of murder, I'm fine with that. ... There is a huge difference between making a mistake and intentionally taking someone's life. I can accept mistakes.

Ahem. Hypocritical statements much? In one breath you excuse, the other you condemn. Murder of an innocent is murder of an innocent. Here you say you're fine with that. Taking an innocent's life. Intentionally.
Rational?

The Delphi/NaughtyNurse collaboration - a Recommended Read
Ruthie
Posted: Sunday, December 16, 2012 8:22:14 PM

Kinky_Becky wrote:

When someone has an agenda, they will misrepresent anything.

Which, I suppose, is why physicians for life misrepresented the statistics that they used. They use statistics to try to low ball the number of pregnancies that result from rape. Most rapes don't take place using birth control. I think that they are also low balling the incidents of rape Their figures are laughable to anyone with a brain and an elementary knowledge of statistics.

The so called "accurate statistics," you link to are anti-choice propaganda. Numbers manipulated by people with an anti-sex, anti-woman and anti-choice agenda like the don't prove anything except the old adage, "Figures don't lie, but liars do figure."

Kinky_Becky wrote:
Oh, and consciousness is the work of the Reticular Activating System, which has nothing to do with cognitive thought, just whether someone is awake or not.

You were asking about consciousness.

The reticular activating system is responsible for more than consciousness anyway. The thalamus is part of the hippocampal system. You wouldn't have episodic memory without it. Thalamocortical iterative activity is a main mechanism of brain function.

iLlinás; I of the Vortex 126 "The thalamocortical system, by its hublike organization, allows radial communication of the thalamic nuclei with all aspects of the cortex. These cortical regions include the sensory, motor, and associational areas. These areas subserve a feedforward/feedback, reverberating flow of information."

LIfe is possible without the reticular activating system I suppose. If you are a vegetable or an oyster or if you want to spend what you call life in a coma.

Cognitive ability as well as sensory ability would not develop in absence of the thalamo-cortical complex. Except, perhaps, in the fact free dream world inhabited by the far right where a fertilized egg is considered more valuable than an innocent person about to be executed for a crime they didn't commit, and rich people should be given all the money because otherwise they'll quit playing with us. Why bother to have a brain if you're not going to use it.

Naughty_Nurse
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 11:59:05 AM

Kinky_Becky wrote:

quote;
*And yes, if someone occasionally dies when they are wrongly convicted of murder, I'm fine with that. I'm definitely not fine with having to support the SOB that just killed my entire family so that they can live out their life in prison. If they can't respect someone else's right to live, why should I respect theirs?

We are not perfect; I can accept that. If you can't, then we should get rid of all medications, because occasionally someone has an anaphylactic reaction or other serious adverse affect and dies. There is a huge difference between making a mistake and intentionally taking someone's life. I can accept mistakes. *

How on earth can you say this??? Executing somebody who is wrongly convicted is fine with you??? Cause it is an accident??
What if you or your BF are the lucky ones?? Still fine with you??
You have faith in US right system?
If you have money, you can have faith. If you are poor and black for example, you might have a very very big problem if you are arrested for something you did not do. There are way too many wrongly convicted (often black, poor, not smart) men on death row.

I write with 2 guys who 'live' on Texas Death row, Texas has the biggest slaughterhouse of US, guess you know that ;)
The guys I write with; one is guilty, the other one is not guilty, there is a lot of information which proofs his innocence, still he is waiting for his death.
He is in solitairy confinement 24/7 for 17 YEARS now, he can come out of his cell 5 hours a week for 'recreation', that means he can walk around in a bigger cage, by himself, with nothing to do.
That he is still able to write and thinks the way he does is unbelievable I think.

The other guy is guilty, he did a robbery and panicked and shot, the man died, unbelievable stupid that he did that of course.
He regrets every bit of it.
He was 18 and lived on the streets, now he is 31 and 'lives' for almost 13 years 24/7 in solitairy confinement waiting for the Texas slaughterhouse.
He really changed in these years, like many of them do. The police often arrest bastards, but these bastards often change duing their confinement, and many get completaly crazy because of the complete lack of input, contact and extreme lonelyness.
When they are finally 'ready' to go to the slaughterhouse in Huntsville after years and years waiting and fighting to get rid of their sentence, they are often not the bad person they used to be.
Do you believe in people making serious mistakes, but that they can change?

This is a normal thing on the row, the guy you see just had been 'gassed', because he was protesting against the execution of an inmate;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB8XzeMISSw

If you are interested in seeing how gassing works, knowing that this torture is used for the most stupid things, watch this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3MqV7kY5sc

If you see this, do you still think like, ah, if there is made a mistake, doesn't bother me?
It's not only the guys themselves, also their families are wasted.
I can go on much further, but I guess that is not what people want ;)

Oh and I'm pro-abortion.

Monica's Birthday turns into an unexpected family orgy
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/incest/monicas-birthday-turns-into-an.aspx

Scott learns all about oral sex from his Nurse
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/oral-sex/scott-learns-all-about-oral-sex-from.aspx
CleverFox
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 12:17:17 PM

Kinky_Becky wrote:

And Principessa, if someone dies for a crime they didn't commit, I'm okay with that.

That is an interesting thought that you are ok with an innocent person being executed for a crime that he or she didn't commit.

Would you be ok with an innocent person being executed if that innocent person was you?
Jack_42
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 1:41:02 PM

If killing is considered to be wrong then to have a death penalty is a contradiction. Of course I never fail to be ironically amused by mankind's hypocrisies - authorities burble on about God - political leaders are often seen in church etc and yet cheerfully contradict the so called teachings of God when it suits them like having a war.

As for abortion I feel it's the woman's body and the main decision should be hers with some allowance for the father if it's relevant.
Buz
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 8:08:57 PM

Someday maybe medical science will render the need for an abortion obsolete. A time when a woman can only get pregnant when she wants to. Until then keep abortion legal, safe and sane! The death penalty: I would have no problem if there was a 100% guarantee that the guilty person is being executed. Unfortunately, way too many innocent people have been executed. Many convicted people are later proved to be innocent, sometimes just in the nick of time to halt their execution. District Attorneys are politicians, therefore I can never trust their honesty and integrity. DA's and their prosecutorial staffs are only interested in producing a high rate of convictions NOT in getting to the truth! Abolish the death penalty!

I have written a new poem. It is called 'Long Twisty Woman.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

Dudealicious
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 9:24:12 PM

Kinky_Becky wrote:
Freakycactus, are you suggesting that the burden of carrying a prodigy of rape inside you constitutes a right to murder? I mean you don't seem to be suggesting that killing the baby isn't wrong, just that the mother's right to her mental faculties supersedes the child's right to live.

Here's an idea. How about if the woman is raped, she take the morning after pill. That would end the pregnancy before it even started, as implantation doesn't occur until day 3. Then there's no abortion at all.

Lets be really clear about this. Democrats love to bring up the rape issue, but it's not really about rape. I don't see any huge support to ban abortion except for cases of rape, incest, or concern for maternal life. No, it's about not taking responsibility for yourself, which is the biggest problem facing this country right now. People don't want to take responsibility for their own decisions. When they screw up, they expect the government to come bale them out. Get pregnant because I didn't take my birth control or because the guy I was trying to trap said no, I'll just go get a free abortion. But keep arguing that you are really just trying to protect the poor rape victims if you want, if that makes you feel better about who you really are. Keep telling yourself it's not a life if that makes you feel better about your decision.

Are you for real?

No wonder why most Canadians scratch their heads when it comes to US policy (or thought process in this instance)

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

sprite
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 9:36:50 PM

Dudealicious wrote:

Are you for real?

No wonder why most Canadians scratch their heads when it comes to US policy (or thought process in this instance)

so do a lot of us Americans, Dude... d'oh!
Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 10:16:55 PM

DITTO! My sentiments exactly, Dude and Sprite!
deadlogger
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:56:11 AM

Pose an impossible conundrum and ask for a rational discussion. No thanks.
Dementorkissed
Posted: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:07:51 AM

dontknow
Kinky_Becky wrote:
Just wanted someone to explain this logically and rationally.

Most democrats believe in a woman's right to choose, particularly in the case of rape and incest. Most democrats also vehemently oppose the death penalty, and I don't know of any that would support it for rape or incest. Now, I'm not saying there is a right answer, that I have any strong belief one way or the other, or that I have the answers, but I do try to approach issues rationally.

this has been decided by the supreme court of the USA.. the highest legal authority in the country.. now we can debate it to death.. but the fact is .. according to American Law.. its legal does not matter if you are a dem or rep (to me they are the same)..

“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
― Helen Keller