Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Grimms' Fairy Tales turn 200 Options · View
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:26:31 PM

These guys sure knew how to tell a story!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimms'_Fairy_Tales

Happy 200th!

Which is your favourite and why?

Rumpelstiltskin is perhaps mine, I read it countless times as a child. You've got to love a plot where the tide is turned on the blackmailer.
Aletheia
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:16:36 PM

I love so many of the Grimm fairy tales, but one of my favorites is the Elves and the Shoema
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:50:47 AM

My favourite is Rapunzel.

It was one of my favourite stories as a child and I've read many variations of it and enjoyed them all. I'm not sure why I was so drawn to this particular story, but growing up as a bit of an overprotected child as well as always having had really long blonde hair probably had something to do with it. lol

A childhood isn't complete without Grimm's Fairy Tales. There are so many wonderful ones.

overmykneenow
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:02:23 AM

Knife play, kidnappings, poisonings, abusive relationships and death

The Brothers Grimm would never make it past the verifiers here ;)

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
sprite
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:56:36 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
My favourite is Rapunzel.

It was one of my favourite stories as a child and I've read many variations of it and enjoyed them all. I'm not sure why I was so drawn to this particular story, but growing up as a bit of an overprotected child as well as always having had really long blonde hair probably had something to do with it. lol

A childhood isn't complete without Grimm's Fairy Tales. There are so many wonderful ones.

Doll stole my choice... *sighs* that said, i'm happy about my fall back, The Little Mermaid. along with Rapunzel, that's my fav Disney movie (yes, i KNOW the Grimm versions are way different, i know this well!) btw, little shared fact, my contest winner, Paris in Flames was my retelling of TLM. no, seriouslyt, oh, and as i shared with Doll, next story up at Lush will be my take on Rapunzel :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
freakycactus
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:01:34 AM

The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I only remember reading it when I stayed at my grandparents, maybe that's part of why I liked it so much - it was a treat to read it.

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:03:54 AM

sprite wrote:

Doll stole my choice... *sighs*

We can share. ;)

If anyone can do Rapunzel justice in the erotic form, it will definitely be Sprite! Literally can't wait for this one!

ps. we definitely have the same taste when it comes to Disney too - those two are my faves as well.

sprite
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:20:35 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

We can share. ;)

If anyone can do Rapunzel justice in the erotic form, it will definitely be Sprite! Literally can't wait for this one!
ps. we definitely have the same taste when it comes to Disney too - those two are my faves as well.

some people aren't aware that Doll and i are twins, separated at birth - she got all the sex appeal and the smarts and class, though. that said, i AM the funny one! :D

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
LadySharon
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:56:24 AM

Mine is a toss up between Little Red Riding Hood (Little Red Cap), Cinderella, and Hansel and Gretel.

The Roommates Trilogy:
Roommates with Benefits
Roommates with Benefits: Snowed In
Roommates with Benefits: The Working Vacation is now available for your reading pleasure

Latest poem, Longing, is out now!

College Sex:

New story now available!