Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Over 100 Shooting Deaths (U.S.) and counting Since Sandy Hook. Updated to 12/21/2012 @7 pm EST Options · View
keoloke
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:40:27 PM

These are deaths from shootings, obviously total shooting is a larger number. This for all the people who are pro -gun and blame only the finger that pull the trigger. In the following case, it was the fast finger of a 3 years old from Guthrie, Okla., who died after accidentally shooting himself in the head with a gun he found inside his aunt and uncle's house.

It's a good business, plus the gun get confiscated, so a new one is needed... lets not count the money to buy ammunition

Check it out

3 Shot And Killed In Mich... 18-Year-Old Shot Multiple Times, Dies... Man Kills Wife, Teen, Himself... Man Shoots, Kills Own Son... Cops Shoot Teen Dead... Man Gunned Down In Parking Lot... 5 Dead In Spate Of Shootings... 2 Murdered In Philly... 2 Kansas Cops Shot Dead... Shooter Killed... 4 Die In Apparent Murder-Suicide... Ga. Cop Dies From Gunshot... Argument Leads Teen To Shoot Friend... Man Shot To Death...Teen Dies After Being Tied Up, Shot... Man Shot Dead In Street... Drug Deal Leads To Shooting Death... Mother Of 2 Killed In Road Rage Shooting... Man Shoots, Kills Intruder... 1 Killed In Coney Island... Man Dies From Gunshot Wounds... Cops Investigate Gun Death... Shooting Victim's Body Found On Bike Trail... Man Charged With Shooting Own Brother Dead... Man Dies After Being Shot In Chest... Body Of Shooting Victim Found In Pickup... Teen Arrested For Robbery Shooting Death... Man Carrying 2-Year-Old Son Shot Dead... Man Fatally Shot Near Home... Parolee Dies In Shooting... 1 Killed In Buffalo Shooting... Man Shot Dead In Apartment Complex... Street Gun Battle Kills Grandma Bystander... Man, Woman Dead In Apparent Murder-Suicide... Woman Shot Dead By Intruder... 14-Year-Old Arrested Over Fatal Gun Attack...Man Found Shot Dead In Parking Lot... Woman Shot In Face By Ex-Boyfriend... 1 Woman, 3 Men Shot Dead... 2 Die In Attempted Robbery... Army Reservist Shot To Death In Alley... Man Shot To Death In Bodega... 2 Shot Dead In Burned House... Man Shot During Break-In... Man Fatally Shot... 20-Year-Old Gunned Down... Man Shoots Self During Police Pursuit... 1 Killed In Baltimore Shooting... Cops ID Shooting Victim... 60-Year-Old Man Shot Dead... Shot Man's Body Found In Vacant House.... Woman Shot And Killed Outside Her Home... Shooting Victim Was 'Trying To Turn Life Around'... Slain Shooting Victim Found In Street.... Driving Altercation Leads To Shooting, 1 Dies... 3-Year-Old Dies In Accidental Shooting... Man Turns Self In After Allegedly Shooting Wife... Man Shot Dead Outside Home... 3 Slain In Separate New Orleans Shootings... Cops Investigate Shooting Death... Man Shot Dead In Ohio... Teen Shot To Death... Man Dies After Being Shot Multiple Times... Man Charged Over Son's Shooting Death...Cops Find 2 Men Shot Dead... 1 Dies In Shooting... Man Charged Over Gun Killing... 1 Shot Dead In Confrontation... Man Charged With Murder Over Shooting... Motel Owner Shot And Killed... Husband Shoots Estranged Wife Dead... Suspect Arrested Over Deputy's Shooting Death... Police Probe Fatal Shooting... Cops Kill 2 Suspects In 3 Shooting Deaths... Man Killed Fighting Back Against Robber... Man Killed In Home Invasion.... Nightclub Shooting Kills 1... Child Brain Dead After Drive By Shooting... Man Charged Over Shooting Of Ex-Wife...Body Found In Vacant House... Teen Fatally Shot...

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
kputt6912
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:31:01 PM

A 3yr old shooting himself is the guns fault??(Where were the adults?)You anti-gun people have no clue about real life do you??Most gun related deaths are from people that get guns illegally!!!Crack heads,gang members,drug dealers,etc don't go to the local sporting goods store,or gun actions,and buy a gun!!Start blaming HUMANS for killing,not the guns!!!If we didn't have guns do you really think people wouldn't kill other people??How about suicide bombers??Or knives??Or cars??Even in the Bible,Kane killed Able by beating him to death!!It's time to place blame where blame belongs,on the human race!!Humans are the ONLY animal on the planet that kill because they enjoy it!!So welcome to the human race!!
Monocle
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 10:59:41 PM

Most (>2/3) mass shootings in the last 30 years were committed with legally obtained firearms.

That 3 year old was less likely to have fatally stabbed himself if it had been a knife carelessly laid around. Gun's fault alone? No. Gun plus stupid/careless gun owner? Yes.

Guns don't kill people, but they do enable people who want to kill to do it faster, more efficiently, in vastly greater quantity, and on impulse. And they enable the suicidal, ignorant, or totally innocent (like, for example, 3 year olds) to off themselves and those around them more easily, too.
nellieneska
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:01:02 AM

kputt6912 wrote:
A 3yr old shooting himself is the guns fault??(Where were the adults?)You anti-gun people have no clue about real life do you??Most gun related deaths are from people that get guns illegally!!!Crack heads,gang members,drug dealers,etc don't go to the local sporting goods store,or gun actions,and buy a gun!!Start blaming HUMANS for killing,not the guns!!!If we didn't have guns do you really think people wouldn't kill other people??How about suicide bombers??Or knives??Or cars??Even in the Bible,Kane killed Able by beating him to death!!It's time to place blame where blame belongs,on the human race!!Humans are the ONLY animal on the planet that kill because they enjoy it!!So welcome to the human race!!

I completely agree with you. People however like to put blame on things that make it to where they can still sleep at night and can stand looking at themselves in the mirror.

If you can't fuck yourself ... who can you fuck?
MrNudiePants
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:03:10 AM

MrNudiePants
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:04:17 AM

MrNudiePants
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:06:24 AM

keoloke
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:36:01 AM

Yes, this is the world we live in, where a human being can kill another for a parking spot. Yes, the problem is deeper than gun control. I would not, however go as far as saying "GUNS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM". I don't feel appropriate that any person can actually buy a gun, any gun. Gun control should be a lot stricter. As for example, no one should be able to out gun an officer of law.

There are profits and this is why we sway from the issues and actually use the info in way to make more profit. As the NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre who suggested to put an armed police officer in every school. Result: fix it with another gun. More gun equals more profits.
Hey, all they need is support (lobbyist and the such) and it done. Stuff like this is done everyday.

Hey isn't how we fight every war? Isn't how we won some war? Bigger guns or better devastating bombs. It was a miracle (back than) that the other side didn't have an even bigger bomb to respond with.

So, the gun might not be 100% of the problem, but it's also not the answer.

Monocle
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:58:57 AM

Gun sprees and mas shootings would not exist without high power, multiple shot weapons. You can try make the case that the same people would use bombs or knives or baseball bats to wreak equal havok, but it's a stupid, losing case. It's an idiotic smokescreen that most people can see through.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:42:50 AM

Monocle wrote:
Gun sprees and mas shootings would not exist without high power, multiple shot weapons. You can try make the case that the same people would use bombs or knives or baseball bats to wreak equal havok, but it's a stupid, losing case. It's an idiotic smokescreen that most people can see through.

If that's the case, why is it that the only weapons used to carry out the deadliest mass killing of civilians ever undertaken on American soil were box cutters? And the only weapons used in the second and third deadliest we're homemade bombs?

tazznjazz
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:49:17 AM

I just saw the head NRA lunatic on meet the press, the man is delusional to put it kindly. Not many people are having issue with gun ownership, just clips with multiple rounds exceeding 10 [in my view 10 is too many] and military assault type weapons bans as a first step towards reducing Newtown type incidents. This is a rational proposal that has logic on it's side and those that oppose such a ban show themselves to be fanatical zealots who use perverse logic to point fingers anywhere but to the heart of the problem.

Are there other things that can be done? You bet and they are many and varied, but the first step is to keep these weapons that have no other purpose than to kill in mass numbers out of the hands of all but military personal.

No one is suggesting you cant keep a gun to protect your home or for sporting purposes, just not one able to kill 30 people in 30 seconds!!

The people who oppose such measures show themselves as heartless, cowardly, illogical, and ones that peace loving normal Americans fear as the potential next mass murderer.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:50:30 AM

keoloke wrote:
As the NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre who suggested to put an armed police officer in ever school. Result: fix it with another gun.

No, the object isn't to simply throw another gun in there and hope for the best. It's to add a good man, with all the tools he needs at his disposal, to stand watch in case the next nutjob with a gun (or pipebomb, or homemade poison gas canister) chooses HIS school to attack.

Buz
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 10:05:25 AM

Many school systems in my area implemented armed police resource officers in schools some time ago and this has been very successful. Most of these school systems are in areas that sure well funded. I think we need to fund the poorer systems so they can do this also.

I have written a new poem. It is called 'Long Twisty Woman.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

ByronLord
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 5:14:40 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:

I knew Timothy McVeigh.

He was a gun nut. A complete whacked out gun nut.

He didn't use his gun to set of the OKC bomb but he did use a gun when he committed the robberies to get the money to buy the fertilizer.

He used to argue endlessly on talk.politics.guns.

Oh and bulk sales of fertilizer are tracked and have been ever since the OKC bomb.

Monocle
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 5:28:57 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:
If that's the case, why is it that the only weapons used to carry out the deadliest mass killing of civilians ever undertaken on American soil were box cutters? And the only weapons used in the second and third deadliest we're homemade bombs?

Which the plethora of guns in this country did, and could do nothing against.

Smoke. Screen.
ByronLord
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 5:51:42 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:

So banning rifles isn't enough, we have to ban all guns. The 6000+ handgun deaths are more than half the total.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:01:18 PM

Monocle wrote:

Which the plethora of guns in this country did, and could do nothing against.

Smoke. Screen.

Because all these attacks were carried out in "Gun Free Zones". Places where law-abiding citizens don't carry, because it's forbidden.

Monocle
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:10:10 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:
Because all these attacks were carried out in "Gun Free Zones". Places where law-abiding citizens don't carry, because it's forbidden.

Oh, my god, you're actually parroting Archie Bunker's anti-skyjacking scheme. Give every plane passenger a gun on boarding to prevent boxcutter-armed hijackers.

Gun free zones like airplanes in flight.
Gun free zones like Columbine with an armed guard.
Gun free zones like Fort Hood.

Smoke. Screen. And funny if it weren't so deadly pathetic.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 6:35:01 PM

Monocle wrote:

Oh, my god, you're actually parroting Archie Bunker's anti-skyjacking scheme. Give every plane passenger a gun on boarding to prevent boxcutter-armed hijackers.

Gun free zones like airplanes in flight.
Gun free zones like Columbine with an armed guard.
Gun free zones like Fort Hood.

Smoke. Screen. And funny if it weren't so deadly pathetic.

When did I say that? When? Link to proof, please. Or a complete retraction will do, if you can't prove it.

As for the rest, are you saying that in 2001, American airliners weren't "Gun Free" zones? Or are you saying that schools aren't "Gun Free" zones? Your "armed guard" at Columbine tried to stop the attack but was thwarted when the attackers (neither of which was armed with a dreaded 'assault rifle') started heaving pipe bombs at him.

When you put Fort Hood into it, I know you're just uninformed. Because if you did even the slightest bit of research, you would know that the only people allowed to carry arms on a military base are authorized police. Any ordinary soldier caught carrying a firearm on post will be brought to his commanding officer and tossed in the stockade without a trial. In fact, the Fort Hood shooting was actually stopped by the first ARMED responder that arrived - a female police officer that had been dispatched to the scene. Had there been other armed people present, it's possible that the shooter could have been stopped many minutes sooner.

But you knew that... right?

heydriver6815
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:12:11 PM

Not one of those people were killed by a gun!! They were ALL killed by people! 70 times that many people are killed with cars, driven by people!! let's ban the cars!! Or better yet, let's ban the people!
stickmancqb
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:26:40 PM

Debating with anti gun people is futile. They are set in their ways just like I am set in mine. You present facts, numbers, pretty colorful graphs and charts but they still will not change their mind. As for me, I will paraphrase Uncle Ted, and "if anyone tries to disarm me and make me defenseless, suck on my machine gun."
Monocle
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:42:03 PM

"Debating with gun people is futile. They are set in their ways just like I am set in mine. You present facts, numbers, pretty colorful graphs and charts but they still will not change their mind."

Fixed it for you, stickmancqb

MrNudiePants, if you can't follow your own pattern of argument, I'm not going to help you.

But, I'll tell y'all. Stickman is really not far wrong. No progress will happen as long as either side too busy accusing the other of not listening to listen.

I'm done.
stickmancqb
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 7:52:23 PM

Again, please refer to the charts above or go to the fbi website and look around at the violent crime stats. Again, you can show them charts from the own government they choose to be slaves to and still try and argue.
blueonblack
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:38:01 PM

What happened at Sandy Hook was beyond tragedy to all of us. I don't think anyone will argue with that. It was an evil act just as the events of 9/11 were. Evil will use whatever tool it can to cause death and destruction. Always has and always will.
I am pro gun. Always will be. A member of my family was a victim years ago. A deceased victim. My wife and children are alive and well today because I had guns.
sprite
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:49:10 PM

stickmancqb wrote:
Debating with anti gun people is futile. They are set in their ways just like I am set in mine. You present facts, numbers, pretty colorful graphs and charts but they still will not change their mind. As for me, I will paraphrase Uncle Ted, and "if anyone tries to disarm me and make me defenseless, suck on my machine gun."

and you wonder why i feel the way i do - what i try do to with words, others would rather do it with threats of violence. i think you do a better job of making my argument than i ever could. thank you.
Buz
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:15:21 PM

No one ever has their mind changed by what is posted in this damn Tank, the constant bickering, insults and fighting really just deepens each individual's own point of views and causes permanent bitterness.

I have written a new poem. It is called 'Long Twisty Woman.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

foxjack
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:48:45 PM

"Debating with people is futile. They are set in their ways just like I am set in mine. You present facts, numbers, pretty colorful graphs and charts but they still will not change their mind."
And Fixed it for you, Monocle.
keoloke
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 10:42:59 PM

heydriver6815 wrote:
Not one of those people were killed by a gun!! They were ALL killed by people! 70 times that many people are killed with cars, driven by people!! let's ban the cars!! Or better yet, let's ban the people!

Yes, and people also get killed by planes and usually in the hundreds, which it makes a big news. But Trains, Planes an Automobiles were not made to kill peoples. It was an accident (or they were used for illegal purpose). Many people also die in their own homes by accident.

Guns on the contrary, were made to kill people, no other purpose.

"Let's ban cars or peoples", it's like saying let's ban a knife or a brick. They cannot be compared to a gun. You do have to get phisical, you cannot expect for sure to kill peoples by throwing a kitchen knife at them. It was not designed to kill a person. You can however use a (legit) rifle that can shoot SIX bullets in ONE second (it must have a huge cartridge, you cannot recharge every two seconds). Some of those kids were riddled with bullets injury, some as much as eleven. Way more than actuall bullets because one bullet went over many bodies, expecially at that close range. It was designed that way.

Would you like to go tell the mothers that it was not the gun? Show up on the 25th! They have extra gifts under the tree this year.

keoloke
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 10:52:50 PM

stickmancqb wrote:
"if anyone tries to disarm me and make me defenseless, suck on my machine gun."

Not if I have a better, newer, faster machine gun than yours, ha! Suck on mine!
Than however, there will be someone that has a better one than mine.. and so on and so on.

This is why with all the resources that we have, there will be always be hate, greed and poverty.

21st Century and we have not learned anything!

I'm done

LadyX
Posted: Sunday, December 23, 2012 11:05:03 PM

sprite wrote:

and you wonder why i feel the way i do - what i try do to with words, others would rather do it with threats of violence. i think you do a better job of making my argument than i ever could. thank you.

Pretty much. Raise those rifles high, gun nuts! I get so swelled up with pride as an American, what with the shirtless white men spewing paranoia about jack boots, armed confrontations, and UN foot soldiers. Enjoy your ignorance.

From your cold dead hands, huh? (Shrugs). Whichever way gets the job done. The outcome is thr same either way, Charlton.