Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Parents get strippers for son's 16th birthday party, facing possible criminal charges. Options · View
lafayettemister
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 1:42:39 PM

Link to story, including video from local news channel

OUTH GLENS FALLS, N.Y. -- Exotic dancers performed lap dances on teenagers at a boy's surprise 16th birthday party in an upstate New York village, police said, and investigators were trying to determine whether any organizer of the celebration committed a crime.

South Glens Falls Police Chief Kevin Judd said the investigation began after people concerned about the Nov. 3 party at the Spare Time bowling alley told authorities about racy photos that had been posted on social networking sites.

At least one of the images shows a scantily clad, tattooed woman clinging upside down to a seated teen as others look on.

"Several kids at the party got lap dances," Judd said. "We have a lot of people to talk to."

The names of the boy and his parents haven't been released.

Saratoga County District Attorney James Murphy said Thursday that investigators were trying to determine who hired the dancers and if the alley served alcohol to any of the partiers.

He said there were 80 adults and teens in a room where floor-to-ceiling windows were masked off with brown paper while the two dancers from a company called "Tops In Bottoms" performed.

"Whether it got beyond that, we don't know," Murphy said. "We don't know about sex acts."

The teens and dancers aren't targets, he said, but child endangerment is among the potential charges faced by any adults who organized the party. Also, the bowling alley's liquor license could be revoked if it knowingly allowed the exotic dancing or served alcohol to anyone under age, he said.

A man who answered the phone at the alley Thursday said he had been told to refer questions to the police.

In addition to endangering, Murphy said there could be charges of unlawfully dealing with a child if kids were served alcohol and misdemeanor sexual abuse if it's learned either of the dancers was touched through their skimpy clothing.

Tops In Bottoms didn't immediately return a message.

============================

Hiring a stripper for your kid's 16th birthday, when other 16 year old kids and younger are going to be there? I don't think I'll plan this for my son when he turns 16.

Parents possible facing charges of "Endangering the welfare of a child" from police and Child Protective Services.

Strippers could be facing charges of "Sexual contact with a minor". (The Huff Post article says dancers aren't targets, the local newcasts says they could be)

The bowling alley could lose their liquor license.

All in all, seems like a really bad idea. What do you think, Lush?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Nikki703
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 1:58:28 PM

Probably not a smart thing to do but I am not sure if any crime was committed. The age of consent for sex in NY is 17 so if any sex acts took place, then technically it is statuatory rape but if no actual sex took place, is it a crime? Since it mentioned that charges could be filed if any of the teens touched the girls through their skimpy clothing, I assume the girls were not naked. So is it a crime? I dont know.

Personally I hope no criminal charges are filed (except to te bowling alley if they served alcohol to the kids) but still was very poor judgement on the parents part.

Pretty weird though. It says there were 80 adults and teens present. So I assume some of the boys parents were there watching their sons get lap dances. Makes you wonder!!
lafayettemister
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 2:26:07 PM

Nikki703 wrote:
Probably not a smart thing to do but I am not sure if any crime was committed. The age of consent for sex in NY is 17 so if any sex acts took place, then technically it is statuatory rape but if no actual sex took place, is it a crime? Since it mentioned that charges could be filed if any of the teens touched the girls through their skimpy clothing, I assume the girls were not naked. So is it a crime? I dont know.

Personally I hope no criminal charges are filed (except to te bowling alley if they served alcohol to the kids) but still was very poor judgement on the parents part.

Pretty weird though. It says there were 80 adults and teens present. So I assume some of the boys parents were there watching their sons get lap dances. Makes you wonder!!

I agree with you Nikki. Bad bad idea by the parents, but unless something sexual happened there should be no charges. If the D.A. over reacts and slaps a sex charge on the strippers and they have to register as child sex offenders, that would be stupid. The parents aren't the brightest bulbs in the box, but they shouldn't lose their kids over it either. I also wonder what all the adults were doing while this was going on?

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:10:23 PM

lafayettemister wrote:

I agree with you Nikki. Bad bad idea by the parents, but unless something sexual happened there should be no charges. If the D.A. over reacts and slaps a sex charge on the strippers and they have to register as child sex offenders, that would be stupid. The parents aren't the brightest bulbs in the box, but they shouldn't lose their kids over it either. I also wonder what all the adults were doing while this was going on?

Most probably getting lap dances too!
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:21:47 PM

Nikki703 wrote:

Most probably getting lap dances too!

Definitely!

How come none of my high school friends had stripper parties for birthdays? The parents AND the kids reaped the benefits here!
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:30:05 PM

All I can think of is... I was born to the wrong parents.

Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:40:57 PM

"Endangerment of the welfare of a child."

kylie_kained
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:34:01 PM

I don't think it was the parents best idea as a present and as for criminal charges I'm not sure on u.s law. If they just stripped then no real harm was done I suppose but if it went further then the parents deserve what they get.

elitfromnorth
Posted: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:46:07 AM

Child endangerment? Since when was getting a massive boner considered endangerment?

Fair enough, the parents might not be the brightest if they ordered a stripper to the party, and usually the strippers draw the line(especially if they're professionals and not stripper and massage therapist) with the lapdance. And considering they're only 16 the kid recieving it was probably too shellshocked to do anything while he was getting an ass grinded against him.

As far as the alcohol servings go that's fine with me. Over here we run strict rules on that stuff, so I don't see a problem with checking if people brought alcohol and gave it to minors.

But the rest? Please...

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
Posted: Sunday, January 06, 2013 11:34:38 PM

I wish they were my parents. They deserve a medal for parents of the century
lambdavi
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:33:17 AM

So...

if the Police find holes in the school gym between the boy's showers and the girls', the Principal gets charged? With what?

Anybody ever seen a movie called "Porky's"? Anybopdy ever heard of a TV Reality show called "16 and pregnant" ???

Wake up people !!!
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 8:58:25 AM

What is the problem is sex not legal for 16 year olds in the US? By the time I was 16 I was serving in the RAF and living away from home in a military barracks so my parents had little or no control over me as they lived 6 hours away on the train. Fortunately our drill instructors although adding to our vocabulary with their colourful language thankfully didn't supply such cooperative ladies - though they did refer to genitalia a lot but mainly in reference to ourselves. Of course this had the effect of making us all model citizens of high moral standard and temperate in all our activities. Many's the time we would be shocked at the sight of short skirts on young ladies or tight jeans that showed off their nubile forms or have to repulse the advances of shameless young girls in the nearby towns who seemed fascinated by our blue uniforms. How standards have dropped when parents become more liberal than articulate seargents we would have been outraged at such a suggestion - strippers after our graduation parade!!! The mind boggles.
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:19:57 AM

16 is to young to be having strippers at your kids birthday party....
keoloke
Posted: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 6:46:03 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:
All I can think of is... I was born to the wrong parents.

Ha ha same here.

Everyone enjoyed the party, than when they got home they reported it. Hypocrisy at it's best.

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.