Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Why no woman US president yet? Options · View
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:00:46 AM

Why?
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:00:55 AM

Hillary Clinton hasn't been the nominee yet. See you in 2016.

Otherwise and in general, progress and true equality take time. Few women worldwide even had the right to vote until last century. In some countries they still cannot, and in a few, women aren't even permitted to drive a car. But at least in the "western world", barriers of all kinds (gender, racial, orientation) are steadily disintegrating.
Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:04:20 AM

Because in general, women are too damn smart to want the job!!

But seriously, you could have said the same thing about a minority president before Obama or a Catholic president before Kennedy. Things take time to deviate from what has always been.

Also not many truly qualified women have really made a serious attempt to get a major party nomination. Hillary has a shot in 2016 although I think her health issues may hinder her. I have a feeling they are more serious than we are being led to believe. If not Hillary, I really believe there will be a woman president in the not too distant future, maybe by 2024.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:45:44 AM

awake_ wrote:
Why?

Because we men are the rightful masters of the universe and all that it contains.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

elitfromnorth
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:03:20 AM

They're delaying Hillary so they know she's done with menopause. Imagine a PMSing angry woman with a nuke button. I say let men rule. We have shown through history that we're reliable, consistent, truthful and calm....

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
NymphWriter
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:18:44 AM

Because we need a woman candidate that people can believe in, and not one who's so politically driven we can't trust. Hence why Hillary didn't get the nomination in 2008. I'm sure we'll see a woman president soon enough, once the old men who run the respective parties stop panicking when a woman refuses to take a seat in the "back." A woman who's willing to put up with their bs , call them on their bs , and still maintain her beliefs in putting the counties needs first.

I mean... the Congress is still pissing & moaning about Roe v. Wade & they had a hissy fit over giving women birth control. REALLY?!? How about the economy? Jobs? Defense? These are the real issues... not if a woman can have an abortion or get her birth control pills paid for (which is so much more than pregnancy prevention!)

It will happen. My dad never thought he'd see a black man as president in his lifetime, and he did. So why can't a woman be president? The constitution doesn't forbid it, so it's just finding the right woman.

sprite
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:57:56 AM

Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:26:03 PM

elitfromnorth wrote:
They're delaying Hillary so they know she's done with menopause. Imagine a PMSing angry woman with a nuke button. I say let men rule. We have shown through history that we're reliable, consistent, truthful and calm....

Grog hit woman over head.... Grog drag back to cave....Grog real man....

reliable, I can rely on them to vote themself a raise as our country is in economic distress.
consistent, Consistantly grid locked never making any useful changes
truthful, Their politicians, if there lips move their lieing. The one you trust is just the better liar.
calm, Have you ever watched a session of congress.

NymphWriter wrote:
... once the old men who run the respective parties stop panicking when a woman refuses to take a seat in the "back." A woman who's willing to put up with their bs , call them on their bs , and still maintain her beliefs in putting the counties needs first.

NymphWriter I'm starting to like your posts... I hate to say it we will have to wait until all the bastards die.

Right now I'm thinking you and Sprite should run on the same ticket...
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:28:21 PM

Myrna Loy would have made a much better president than Reagan I feel. She had a real social conscience, a good sense of humour and was a better actor too.
ChrisX
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:39:57 PM

Germany has shown that women can get elected to run a major country, I guess the right woman hasn't come along yet. Although I wouldn't be surprised, as others said previously, when Hilary will get nominated in the near future.
asleep
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:04:15 PM

I was not a Hillary fan in 2008...I felt she was a bit "brassy" for the top job. I DID feel she was the IDEAL CHOICE for Sec. of State and has done a fabulous job. Shae has truly poured her heart and soul into that job. I could NOW enthusiastically support her for President for she is truly a well rounded person for that job. Gender be damned! I hope her health issues permit her to consider/run for the job.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-stories/exit-33-trust.aspx

Dani
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:48:23 PM

Because we're too busy planning the feminazi uprising...duh.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

gpown
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:12:37 PM

awake_ wrote:
Why?

why no ginger male US president yet?
why no Asian-descendant US president yet?

variety shouldn't be achieved just for the sake of it. the citizens of US should rather consider why do they only choose between 2 corrupt parties...
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:28:22 PM

gpown wrote:

rather consider why do they only choose between 2 corrupt parties...

When both parties want power, don't want the other party to have power, you get gridlock.
(maybe a third party...the Lush Party....)

Okay actually my wife would make a good president. That would let me be the first hubby! Awesome!

gpown wrote:
why no ginger male US president yet?
why no Asian-descendant US president yet?

You know I always wondered why Tiger woods is considered an African American golfer, and not an Asian American golfer. His mother was asian.... okay just a matter of perspective that bothers me. He broke two barriers at once but doesn't get credit for both.

I'm rambling and will shut up now!

tazznjazz
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:04:48 AM

Hillary would have been president with slick willie as first man if not for the Barack Obama surge from out of nowhere. Ms. Clinton would have had as hard a time with an obstructionist congress as what President Obama has encountered or worse, but should she decide to run she would make a strong leader as there is no one in government with more practical know how and with the GOP splintered her chances to shatter the glass ceiling are very good.Pour Wine
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:51:59 PM

Why no woman US president yet?

Cause the U.S. ain't got the balls.
nazhinaz
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:13:42 PM

ChrisX wrote:
Germany has shown that women can get elected to run a major country, I guess the right woman hasn't come along yet. Although I wouldn't be surprised, as others said previously, when Hilary will get nominated in the near future.

I thought the discussion was focused on US President as a woman.
Otherwise I believe India was the first to elect Indira Gandhi as its Chief Exective (Prime Minister).
Sri Lanka elected mrs Bandranaike as its Prime Minister soon.
Similarly Turkey had a female Prime Minister too.
United Kingdom also had Mrs Thacher as Prime Minister and was popularly known as Iron Lady.
Women as Chief Executives of many important countries have shown their competence, but US has yet to provide oppurtunity to any woman.
elitfromnorth
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:07:11 AM

Phoenix69 wrote:

Grog hit woman over head.... Grog drag back to cave....Grog real man....

reliable, I can rely on them to vote themself a raise as our country is in economic distress.
consistent, Consistantly grid locked never making any useful changes
truthful, Their politicians, if there lips move their lieing. The one you trust is just the better liar.
calm, Have you ever watched a session of congress.

Now Grog go teach Phoenix about sarcasm and irony. Grog realise this might be tough. Grog relentless. Grog make big effort for tribe....

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
Buz
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:52:45 PM

Because as it is now they are really in charge but don't have to take the blame. Please, you don't think that Barak Obama and G. W. Bush really were president? And Bill Clinton? ha

Hilary already served 2 terms, Laura served 2, and now Michele is running things in her 2nd term. But if they screw up guess who will take the blame. Yes, the men.

LYFBUZ
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:49:19 AM

What do Golda Meir(Israel), Indira Gandhi(India) and Margaret Thatcther(Great Britain) have in common?
They were all heads of state and led their countries into war (with Egypt, Pakistan and Argentina respectfully)

The trouble with politicians is that they are politicians first...
Americanheart
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 12:29:16 PM

It's because it's a male dominate role. Women have been trying to become president since Geraldine Ferraro was the first woman to run back in the 80s. I think we need a woman president because it will be a different point of view from the female perspective.

elitfromnorth
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 6:11:57 PM

LYFBUZ wrote:
What do Golda Meir(Israel), Indira Gandhi(India) and Margaret Thatcther(Great Britain) have in common?
They were all heads of state and led their countries into war (with Egypt, Pakistan and Argentina respectfully)

So you think Maggie Thatcher should just have sat back and watched Argentina invade a part of Britain where a vast majority of the population want to stay under British rule?

lambdavi
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 5:35:48 AM

LYFBUZ wrote:

I'm not Israeli, nor Indian, nor British, but if I were any of the three I would take offense from this comment.

Regardless the historical justification for the very existence of Israel in the way it was created, a mere study of 8th grade history will show that all three nations replied to an external hostile provocation, if not outright attack, from other sovereign nations. As in, got kicked in the arse.
kickbutt
Considering that no nation, not one, invokes the principle of "turn thy other cheek" in their XConstitution, and that they are all entitled to invoke the right to self defense...
... what other reaction would you have suggested ? "Parlay" in "Pirates of the caribbean" style ?
argue
Unlikely. Once they take your land and guard it with heavily armed forces, there's only two ways to get it back, money or more forces, in turn more heavily armed.
Sword Fight
On the other hand, we could recall Queen Elizabeth I of England, who successfully defended from Spain (Invincible Armada) or Eleanor of Aquitaine, or Eleanor of Arborea...
LYFBUZ
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 6:38:43 AM

lambdavi wrote:

I'm not Israeli, nor Indian, nor British, but if I were any of the three I would take offense from this comment.

Regardless the historical justification for the very existence of Israel in the way it was created, a mere study of 8th grade history will show that all three nations replied to an external hostile provocation, if not outright attack, from other sovereign nations. As in, got kicked in the arse.
kickbutt
Considering that no nation, not one, invokes the principle of "turn thy other cheek" in their XConstitution, and that they are all entitled to invoke the right to self defense...
... what other reaction would you have suggested ? "Parlay" in "Pirates of the caribbean" style ?
argue
Unlikely. Once they take your land and guard it with heavily armed forces, there's only two ways to get it back, money or more forces, in turn more heavily armed.
Sword Fight
On the other hand, we could recall Queen Elizabeth I of England, who successfully defended from Spain (Invincible Armada) or Eleanor of Aquitaine, or Eleanor of Arborea...

Fair points all. No insult was intended to these nations or women. First, yes we need more women in politics and probably less lawyers and millionaires. My rather vaguely made point was to provoke thought, that the election of women won't automatically make the world a kinder gentler place although the possibility is certainly there. Far too often, politicians, male and female, govern to be re-elected rather than doing the right thing. You are correct that these were in response to aggression (and arguably the right thing) and my examples probably over-dramatic.
I'd be the first to agree that their are some amazing examples of female leadership throughout history and in modern times...
BallChinian
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 6:56:11 AM

The US needs a female candidate that men can relate with. Someone like Hilary won't stand a chance because she looks and acts like a man, but isn't. Sarah Palin is probably a closer fit to what the candidate should be like. Former athlete, cute and charming. Unfortunately for Palin, she crumbled under the scrutiny and ultimately was too conservative for most Americans.

I'm not saying this is right or how I would vote, just what I observe.

"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set her free." -Michelangelo

Please Enjoy: The Beach, The Workout, The Hike
1lush
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:30:18 AM

Mainly because the men in this country live in the dark ages where their only job should be in the home. It's thinking like that which leaves our country with a dark mark, if most men would vote for a woman it probaly would be a Miss America, based only on looks not her ideas. We have had many women in goverment who have had the moxy to better our country.