Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Connecticut town gathering, destroying violent games Options · View
TheCrimsonKing
Posted: Monday, January 07, 2013 4:56:11 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 5/1/2012
Posts: 66
Location: Kentucky, United States
bs

that's all I have to say
Guest
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 1:27:43 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,397
Games that have the kill kill kill element to them are pretty weird though. Then you have those criminal mindset games like grand theft auto and such.dontknow I'm not shocked at all, back in the day even Dungeons and Dragons got a bad rap.
Kitanica
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:45:40 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/16/2011
Posts: 881
Location: The Sprawl, United States
Sounds like a group of neo Nazis holding book burnings.
not much difference.

That being said where are these gift certificates too? if your giving 60$ to best buy to destroy violent games I got about 100 old ones and I'd like to update my game library. 10year old extra copy of doom? Yes I believe I'll let them burn that and I'll go buy the brand new remastered hd doom trilogy. TEH LULZ.
Sorry environment, that's to good to pass up, can I report this group to the EPA when I have my new games and we can have a good ol' polluter burning? you get a tree for each "community group" nutjob you bring to burn. now that's something I could get behind.
Kitanica
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:48:19 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/16/2011
Posts: 881
Location: The Sprawl, United States
lovewhenuswallow wrote:
Games that have the kill kill kill element to them are pretty weird though. Then you have those criminal mindset games like grand theft auto and such.dontknow I'm not shocked at all, back in the day even Dungeons and Dragons got a bad rap.


What's wrong with grand theft auto? Why would I want to go outside and shoot police officers, steal cars, fall off a building and catch an STD from a hooker when I can do the virtual equivalent from the safety of my couch? grand theft auto has reduced crime and saved lives.
MoonlightSerenity
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:29:18 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2012
Posts: 854
Location: United Kingdom
Garza wrote:
Sounds like a group of neo Nazis holding book burnings.
not much difference.

That being said where are these gift certificates too? if your giving 60$ to best buy to destroy violent games I got about 100 old ones and I'd like to update my game library. 10year old extra copy of doom? Yes I believe I'll let them burn that and I'll go buy the brand new remastered hd doom trilogy. TEH LULZ.
Sorry environment, that's to good to pass up, can I report this group to the EPA when I have my new games and we can have a good ol' polluter burning? you get a tree for each "community group" nutjob you bring to burn. now that's something I could get behind.


I believe it was about 20$ they were giving out.

NAO!!! Don't burn doom! I'll make sure it gets a good home..... Fugly

Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
ByronLord
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:17:48 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/14/2010
Posts: 753
Location: Massachusetts, United States
tender_cowboy wrote:
I am glad most people do not abuse their second amendment rights the was ByronLord abuses his first amendment rights. Calling some one stupid that disagrees with your narrow point of view say a lot about your state of mind. If the European countries are so great.........


When I lived in Europe we had US gun nuts telling us how they thought we should live in our country, I am merely returning the favor. And I use the term with accuracy, one of those Internet gun nuts was a man called Timothy McVeigh. He murdered almost 200 people.

If you are accusing someone of abusing their first amendment rights then surely you have some specifics?

The history of the second amendment is hardly a glorious one. It had absolutely nothing to do with freedom. Do you know what a STATE Militia was or why the state of Virginia insisted on maintaining them as a condition of ratifying the constitution.

The state militias were slave patrols that were necessary to put down slave rebellions. Without the police state there could be no slavery.

The purpose of the second amendment was to preserve slavery, not liberty.

ByronLord
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:17:49 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/14/2010
Posts: 753
Location: Massachusetts, United States
tender_cowboy wrote:
I am glad most people do not abuse their second amendment rights the was ByronLord abuses his first amendment rights. Calling some one stupid that disagrees with your narrow point of view say a lot about your state of mind. If the European countries are so great.........


When I lived in Europe we had US gun nuts telling us how they thought we should live in our country, I am merely returning the favor. And I use the term with accuracy, one of those Internet gun nuts was a man called Timothy McVeigh. He murdered almost 200 people.

If you are accusing someone of abusing their first amendment rights then surely you have some specifics?

The history of the second amendment is hardly a glorious one. It had absolutely nothing to do with freedom. Do you know what a STATE Militia was or why the state of Virginia insisted on maintaining them as a condition of ratifying the constitution.

The state militias were slave patrols that were necessary to put down slave rebellions. Without the police state there could be no slavery.

The purpose of the second amendment was to preserve slavery, not liberty.

Kitanica
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 6:46:52 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/16/2011
Posts: 881
Location: The Sprawl, United States
ByronLord wrote:


When I lived in Europe we had US gun nuts telling us how they thought we should live in our country, I am merely returning the favor. And I use the term with accuracy, one of those Internet gun nuts was a man called Timothy McVeigh. He murdered almost 200 people.

If you are accusing someone of abusing their first amendment rights then surely you have some specifics?

The history of the second amendment is hardly a glorious one. It had absolutely nothing to do with freedom. Do you know what a STATE Militia was or why the state of Virginia insisted on maintaining them as a condition of ratifying the constitution.

The state militias were slave patrols that were necessary to put down slave rebellions. Without the police state there could be no slavery.

The purpose of the second amendment was to preserve slavery, not liberty.


it also applys to the individual gunowner. The supreme court decided that thanks to republicans and the NRA [the rest isn't to you Byron just me ranting]

but I agree with it, it is the individuals right to decide whether they wish to own something.
I have no desire for a hair dryer as a man therefore I do not own one. if I buy a gun one day that's my choice and my reasons will be my own. it's an object like any tv. if you want one buy one. and with 300million+ weapons how is banning new weapons gonna do anything?



Connecticut already had an assault weapons ban. lotta good that did.
because the fact is: laws don't stop people from breaking the law



I don't understand why "military style weapons" are getting such a bad wrap and I'm a liberal myself, the military wouldn't waste money on semi automatic 223. When they could buy NATO 5.62 automatics, which is exactly what they do. These aren't "assault" or military weapons. they're civilian weapons with weaker rounds and slower fire rates. Any bullet will kill you so unless theres some idea on removing 100% of firearms from civilians it won't solve anything. a guy gets shot in his car being robbed with a pistol and no one cares that it happens everyday, you have a few media covered "mass" shootings and now the scary black guns that are a little faster than the non black guns are bad. That's racism, and now they're trying to tax violent videogames which is unconstitutional already because it violates the first amendment. A speaker on CNN stated she was appaled by the content her grandkids were exposed to on "call to duty"

1- if you can't say the title of something correctly (like call of duty) you shouldn't be speaking about it

2 if minors are being exposed to m rated games that's your fault grandma, take it away and be a parent.

a father complained after about his 8 yearold son logging into violent games online. well! Your his dad stop him. The game shouldn't be blamed. At what point is it the parents role to be oh i don't know RESPONSIBLE? Maybe you should teach him to play chess or dust off monopoly. spend time with the kid. don't get mad at the games you pay for and allow him to play. that's your fault mr father of the year.

I'd rather have drunk driving become a felony.
Gets the real dangers off the streets. Once someone gets the killing bug in em no written law can stop them. Or else there'd be no murder in america and I'd have a lolipop tree in my backyard putting willywonka outta business and then obesity would dissapear. Making a gun illegal isn't gonna stop the guy who's decided he's going to do something illegal lmao. Anyone who thinks it will is as delusional as the people shooting kids. It's common sense so for once I have to side with the right, but its expected, they can be wrong most of the time sure but nit all the time.
Kitanica
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 7:37:40 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/16/2011
Posts: 881
Location: The Sprawl, United States
Apologies if anyone read the jumbled mess that my post was before I edited it. my browser crashed and screwed it all up while I was typing.
ChrisX
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:03:55 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/29/2012
Posts: 12
Location: Netherlands
The people in the article should learn the difference between cause and (probably minor) contributing factors.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.