Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Poll Question : Crispy or chewy?
Choice Votes Statistics
Heck yes, CRISPY is the only way to eat bacon!!! 166 61 %
Down with crispy... CHEWY is the only right way to 48 17 %
or God forbid I hate bacon 18 6 %
Either way doesn't mater 37 13 %

Bacon how do you like it? Options · View
crazydiamond
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 4:12:35 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
I hate bacon, the smell turns my stomach. As does most meats. I'll eat chicken though.

Guest
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 4:18:31 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818
crazydiamond wrote:
I hate bacon, the smell turns my stomach. As does most meats. I'll eat chicken though.


You ain't right.
crazydiamond
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 4:23:03 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
chefkathleen wrote:


You ain't right.


But I ain't wrong neither !! bunny

Guest
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 4:26:02 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818
principessa wrote:


It is cornmeal, Chef K, and the meat is cured pork loin. The stuff they sell in the States as Canadian bacon is some form of ham, I think. Here we always call it peameal bacon. I think long ago it was coated with meal of dried peas rather than corn - hence the name.

At St. Lawrence Market, one of the oldest in North America, the traditional thing to eat on Saturday mornings as you shop is a peameal bacon sandwich.







MAN! Would I love to go there. First of all, I didn't know there was a difference in the Canadian bacon. So I'd love to try the authentic kind. Second, I love going to markets, stores, food stalls, groceries, all over the world. You can learn a lot about a culture and people from how the locals shop.
I also didn't know there was another name for French Fries with gravy on it until I learned a bit more about Canada either. A lot of country folk in certain areas of the states eat that as well as what they call gravy bread. Which is what the name implies.
kylie_kained
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 5:41:17 PM

Rank: Detention Seeker

Joined: 8/17/2010
Posts: 994
Location: Over your Knee Screaming and Kicking!, United King

Crispy with sausage, egg, fried tomatoes, baked beans, black pudding and fries.
















DirtyMartini
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:23:31 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,791
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
And for the man who has everything...allow me to present...the bacon shoe...




You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

WriterMinx
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:37:16 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 1/14/2013
Posts: 1
Location: United States
chefkathleen wrote:


MAN! Would I love to go there. First of all, I didn't know there was a difference in the Canadian bacon. So I'd love to try the authentic kind. Second, I love going to markets, stores, food stalls, groceries, all over the world. You can learn a lot about a culture and people from how the locals shop.
I also didn't know there was another name for French Fries with gravy on it until I learned a bit more about Canada either. A lot of country folk in certain areas of the states eat that as well as what they call gravy bread. Which is what the name implies.


I'd like to clarify: There's no real difference in the bacon. The "Canadian bacon" in the US is exactly the same as the "back bacon" sold in Canada. It's a cured pork loin, not a kind of ham. Peameal bacon is the same thing as Canadian, or back bacon, coated in cornmeal. You can still often find it coated in peameal, made from dried, ground yellow peas, if you know someone who's doing artisinal meat preparation. snorting

French fries with gravy is just French fries with gravy, in Canada and elsewhere - I'm guessing that you heard about poutine somewhere. It's only poutine if it's made with fresh cheese curd, too. This is not the same thing as cheese fries with gravy! Poutine is its own food group, and deserves to be appreciated as such. I recommend that you head to Quebec and try it sometime, because not only is it a very tasty treat, but Quebec is a great place to visit. I'm a strong proponent of diversity, and when it comes to food, the language is universal. sunny
Chrissy123
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:54:25 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 3,093
Location: In my bed waiting for you!, United States
Crispy

Buz
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:59:18 PM

Rank: The Linebacker

Joined: 3/2/2011
Posts: 5,834
Location: Atlanta, United States
Fried just a tad crisp...

Bacon on a cheeseburger.
Bacon with scrambled eggs.
Bacon on waffles or pancakes
Bacon on salad.
Bacon on a bacon, lettuce & tomato sandwich.
Bacon in pizza.
Bacon on a roastbeef sub sandwich.

AngelHeart01
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 10:44:25 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/23/2010
Posts: 3,141
Location: ♥ Southern Style ♥, United States
Bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayo sandwich. (Toasted or Not)
Bacon with my grits
Bacon and eggs (sandwich too)
Tomato Gravy and Biscuits, with Bacon on the side
Bacon plain ...., best cooked in a cast iron skillet.
Just recently tried Bacon, baked in the oven, and I wasn't disappointed.
Bacon on salad
lisa95
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 11:44:55 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 112
Location: florida, United States
LOVE PIGS AND LOVE BACON
niceguy89
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 12:21:13 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/16/2009
Posts: -24
Location: Texas, United States
The best way to eat bacon. Wrapped around a cream cheese stuffed jalapeno. Also my infamous Bacon-Salad Patty Melt.
Guest
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2013 1:28:53 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818
WriterMinx wrote:


I'd like to clarify: There's no real difference in the bacon. The "Canadian bacon" in the US is exactly the same as the "back bacon" sold in Canada. It's a cured pork loin, not a kind of ham. Peameal bacon is the same thing as Canadian, or back bacon, coated in cornmeal. You can still often find it coated in peameal, made from dried, ground yellow peas, if you know someone who's doing artisinal meat preparation. snorting

French fries with gravy is just French fries with gravy, in Canada and elsewhere - I'm guessing that you heard about poutine somewhere. It's only poutine if it's made with fresh cheese curd, too. This is not the same thing as cheese fries with gravy! Poutine is its own food group, and deserves to be appreciated as such. I recommend that you head to Quebec and try it sometime, because not only is it a very tasty treat, but Quebec is a great place to visit. I'm a strong proponent of diversity, and when it comes to food, the language is universal. sunny



Well you'll have to take that one up the Principessa. She's the one said that there was a difference in bacon.
And cheese curd on FF and gravy, no offence, makes me nauseous.
sexyamber101
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 9:35:16 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 11/18/2012
Posts: 12
Location: paris, France
crispy not too soft but not burnt crispy
like how bacon should be!
affable
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:19:42 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/19/2012
Posts: 407
Location: Mid West, United States
Not too crispy and in my mouth. love10
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:45:37 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818
crispy most definately...
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 11:50:13 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818
DirtyMartini
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:13:09 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,791
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
See...there really is a solution for everything...



And for you religious types...



Sometimes I wonder though if adding bacon really makes everything better...




You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

DirtyMartini
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:13:10 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,791
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
See...there really is a solution for everything...



And for you religious types...



Sometimes I wonder though if adding bacon really makes everything better...




You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

DirtyMartini
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:23:56 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,791
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
Btw, I happen to like a nice bacon sandwich once in a while...though I think this one could use a bit more bacon...note the bottle of Wild Turkey in the background...looks like a nice meal to me...



You know...I don't really mind the government banning assault weapons...as long as they don't ban bacon assault weapons...




You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

Guest
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:09:55 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818
sexyamber101 wrote:
crispy not too soft but not burnt crispy
like how bacon should be!


What she said! eat
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:20:07 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818

I didn't realise bacon was such a huge industry!









and let's not forget God.....

Smoothtalkin_wolf
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 1:37:23 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/31/2012
Posts: 212
Location: Chi-town area, United States
I didnt think anything could make the below pic any better....




Fucking Bacon...... notworthy
Guest
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 2:17:54 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818
bacon has to be crispy hate it when the fat is still limp round the edges
Guest
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:46:45 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818

markphp wrote:
bacon has to be crispy hate it when the fat is still limp round the edges


I don't like it when the fat is still limp either 588-rolleyes


Jack_42
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 6:56:00 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 986
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
The meat has to be tender but the fat crisp. You get this by continually moving the bacon around in the pan.
llkop
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 6:38:07 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 8/5/2012
Posts: 34
Location: Scotland !, United Kingdom
as said in the royle family "can you make mine dead, dead crispy"
Guest
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 6:49:49 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818
I like it all to myself

danni69
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:06:46 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/8/2011
Posts: 202
Location: orlando, United States
soft and sagging not hard on well done
Guest
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:35:03 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,818
Not too crispy and not alot of fat................ Also, bacon bits are the fairy dust of bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.