Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Why Are So Many Comments Completely Positive? Options · View
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:13:10 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,805
I've noticed that almost every comment that readers give me is just 100% positive. I have one story with 27 comments, and two, maybe three of those, have any information beyond the fact that the reader enjoyed the story. I don't mind getting good comments, but why is there so little constructive criticism or analysis? When you leave a comment, do you feel bad mentioning flaws? Or do you really think the story is just completely perfect with nothing that can be improved upon? I really want to grow and challenge myself as a writer, and it's hard to do that without readers telling me where to grow and what to challenge, so I'd really appreciate more mature comments.

Is this just me? Or is it a sitewide phenomenon?
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:18:25 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,805
Some authors can get very touchy and defensive when constructive criticism is given. The majority of readers here though, are just looking for something entertaining to read, if they don't enjoy the story, chances are they won't stick around long enough to comment on it. So you're likely to only get comments from people who enjoyed it, or analytic people who can't stop reading something once they've started.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:25:46 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,211
Location: Cakeland, United States
Matthew, it is probably time to introduce you to db.

You may thank me later.

Or you may curse me openly and rue this day. evil4

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
overmykneenow
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:28:22 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 966
Location: United Kingdom
Most people who comment do so because they made it all the way through a story. That's always a good start and a sign they enjoyed it. I think feedback is almost universally positive because most people here (and I include myself) like to reward the effort above the "quality" of the output.

I guess most of us here write because we want to, not because we have higher expectations. There's not much need for us to make what we do more "commercially viable" so there's little need for anyone here to analyse someone's work and say where it could be improved.

I started a forum post a little while ago specifically asking for criticism but only in a way that anyone criticising must allow their work to be assessed just as honestly. Why not add to it and see if gets you anything.

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst25769_Come-and-have-a-go-if-you-think-you39re-hard-enough.aspx

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:31:40 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,805
I'm new here and have yet to critique a story, however I would tend to score stories in this fashion: if I enjoyed it and it makes me want to read more from that author, they get a 5! Lesser stories and those that I click off before getting very far obviously get lower scores. In my view, you should be proud that people enjoy what you have written and enjoy the high scores! Write on, man!
SITTING
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:33:10 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 8/11/2011
Posts: 653
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
clum
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:45:09 AM

Rank: Clumeleon

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 3,749
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Because a lot of readers don't know how to critique a story, for one. "It's nice to be nice," they say...

The lion is most lionlike when he roars.
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:55:47 AM

Rank: Penguin Wrangler

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 4,059
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
Most likely it's so they won't come off as offensive. When I read a story that I particularly don't like, I just refrain from commenting and/or scoring. This may be counterproductive, but it's just my preference. Also, the comments are there for all to see. No one wants to come across someone picking a story apart: 1. It's embarrassing. 2. It subtly invites others to do the same. And soon your entire comments section will just be people picking apart your stories. That can be discouraging to authors, current and future.

Also, in my opinion, it's a bit tacky. On the rare occasions that I do decide to critique (so rare that I've only done it once since I've been here, and that's only because I noticed an inconsistency with the color of a character's hair) I send a private message. The author probably won't be as miffed about it because you've done it in private, and HOPEFULLY in a respectful and unpretentious manner.



We're tiny. We're toony. We're all a little looney. And in this cartoony, we're invading your TV.

clum
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:19:49 AM

Rank: Clumeleon

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 3,749
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:
Most likely it's so they won't come off as offensive. When I read a story that I particularly don't like, I just refrain from commenting and/or scoring. This may be counterproductive, but it's just my preference. Also, the comments are there for all to see. No one wants to come across someone picking a story apart: 1. It's embarrassing. 2. It subtly invites others to do the same. And soon your entire comments section will just be people picking apart your stories. That can be discouraging to authors, current and future.

Also, in my opinion, it's a bit tacky. On the rare occasions that I do decide to critique (so rare that I've only done it once since I've been here, and that's only because I noticed an inconsistency with the color of a character's hair) I send a private message. The author probably won't be as miffed about it because you've done it in private, and HOPEFULLY in a respectful and unpretentious manner.


I have generally found my critical comments to be well-received (save a few). An in-depth critique I would save for an author with a lot of potential but still a long way to go, and that would be done by PM. If I'm just saying what I liked and disliked about the story, or what could have been done better, I will leave it out in the open.

The genuine writers will appreciate the honesty.

The lion is most lionlike when he roars.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:42:52 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,805
overmykneenow wrote:
Most people who comment do so because they made it all the way through a story. That's always a good start and a sign they enjoyed it. I think feedback is almost universally positive because most people here (and I include myself) like to reward the effort above the "quality" of the output.

I guess most of us here write because we want to, not because we have higher expectations. There's not much need for us to make what we do more "commercially viable" so there's little need for anyone here to analyse someone's work and say where it could be improved.

I started a forum post a little while ago specifically asking for criticism but only in a way that anyone criticising must allow their work to be assessed just as honestly. Why not add to it and see if gets you anything.

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst25769_Come-and-have-a-go-if-you-think-you39re-hard-enough.aspx


I'm definitely going to check out this thread.

I dunno, maybe I'm too much of a Retsupurae/Zero Punctuation person. I just feel that your work should always be critiqued, or else you won't improve, feelings be damned.
hardnhot18
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 12:35:22 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 9/3/2012
Posts: 20
I think a site like Lush exists primarily for the entertainment and enjoyment of both readers and writers. From my observation, most of us come to this site to read sexy stories, post sexy stories, and feel good doing it. One of the side effects of that environment is that scores and comments aren't necessarily an accurate reflection of what most people thought of your work, and skew positive. Try to find a story that scores lower than a four on average -- I just clicked through about 10 random pages and found none. Then you've got the pros on the site, with hundreds of 5 ratings and effusively positive comments. Clearly, they're doing something special to knock it out of the park, and it's reflected in the ratings/comments. I'd say that you're squarely in the area of "doing something right" with your high scores and number of comments.

That said, we can all stand to improve, and I totally agree that constructive criticism is one of the best ways to get better as a writer. I think it would be cool if Lush offered some kind of "workshop" component for those interested in improving their stories, a la overmyknee's informal thread (which is a great idea, I'll definitely be taking a look at that). I don't know if Lush's comment system will ever quite provide the kind of critical feedback you're looking for, though.
Jayne33
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:02:46 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 6/5/2012
Posts: 999
Location: on my laptop, United Kingdom
LiquidMatthew wrote:
I've noticed that almost every comment that readers give me is just 100% positive. I have one story with 27 comments, and two, maybe three of those, have any information beyond the fact that the reader enjoyed the story. I don't mind getting good comments, but why is there so little constructive criticism or analysis? When you leave a comment, do you feel bad mentioning flaws? Or do you really think the story is just completely perfect with nothing that can be improved upon? I really want to grow and challenge myself as a writer, and it's hard to do that without readers telling me where to grow and what to challenge, so I'd really appreciate more mature comments.


Hi Matthew,

As a writer I agree with you that the only way to improve is to receive constructive feedback. It's not the only way to learn, but it sure does help. With this is mind as a reader I like to be as honest as possible. What I tend to do is leave my positive feedback on the story comment page, and then private message the more constructive feedback to them.

I am pretty new at writing myself and have been trying hard to improve my work. I am possibly not the most qualified but I would be more than happy to read your work and give you some feedback.

Jayne x



The Game by Jayne33



A Trans Atlantic Affair By Milik Redman & Jayne33

blazestcyr
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:19:35 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/19/2011
Posts: 737
Location: where bugs die
i think it takes great courage to put yourself out there and write a story

and honestly all have something good about them

like most people

i enjoy the fact that people write here

i am not a critic nor a publishing house

therefore why would i break down someone??

my job is to lift others..up...
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:26:37 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,805
blazestcyr wrote:
i think it takes great courage to put yourself out there and write a story

and honestly all have something good about them

like most people

i enjoy the fact that people write here

i am not a critic nor a publishing house

therefore why would i break down someone??

my job is to lift others..up...


But all have something that can be improved, too, something of which the author is completely unaware because no one says anything. If I were wearing a great suit but my dick was hanging out, I'd want someone to mention it, so that I can fix the problem. Just ignoring my baloney pony doesn't make the problem go away, it just ensures it never gets corrected. If you're passionate enough to write stories and post them here, you ought to be passionate enough to take some constructive criticism. If you really want to lift others up, you should be helping them improve. I didn't become a better student in school by my teachers not correcting my work. They showed me what stupid stuff I got wrong, and I got better.
blazestcyr
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:37:47 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/19/2011
Posts: 737
Location: where bugs die
then get an editor..for dag dum sakes!!!

honey you are a good writer do you want to go public is this what it is about???

if so..get an agent...

go for it...if you want a teacher go to school....writing school you can even do that from home

but to expect all us us to do IT for you..well that is just baloney...

however i bet a lot will do it now

so post a new story and let's see how you will handle it..ok



LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:53:40 AM

Rank: Thread Mediator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,678
Location: United States
LiquidMatthew wrote:


But all have something that can be improved, too, something of which the author is completely unaware because no one says anything. If I were wearing a great suit but my dick was hanging out, I'd want someone to mention it, so that I can fix the problem. Just ignoring my baloney pony doesn't make the problem go away, it just ensures it never gets corrected. If you're passionate enough to write stories and post them here, you ought to be passionate enough to take some constructive criticism. If you really want to lift others up, you should be helping them improve. I didn't become a better student in school by my teachers not correcting my work. They showed me what stupid stuff I got wrong, and I got better.


I completely grasp what you're saying, and I think it gets to the subtle divide between writers here. Not that its an adversarial divide, only that it's demarcated by differing goals. For instance, I will venture to say that the vast majority of members that submit stories here are doing so for reasons other than "I want to be the best, most expressive and technically proficient writer that I can possibly be." Not that their goal is to be poor writers, but above all, they want to share their creations, and being nitpicked is beside the point, and therefore comes off as nettlesome and annoying. Then there are those among us who do strive to always get better, and possibly even get published and make money from our writing, but even in this group, most would rather get constructive criticism privately. Its a small but gutsy group, such as yourself, that truly invites and enjoys all feedback, negative and positive, equally.

I'd equate it to a community art show. Most of the contributors spent eight or ten hours painting their piece at their kitchen table, and are proud of what they've done. If a critic comes by and tells them that their shading is incorrect and that they used the wrong color mix to depict skin tone, then it's probably going to hurt their feelings or at least annoy them. Yes, you'll have one or two out of fifty or so that want that tough unsolicited analysis, but most people feel they've done a lot simply by showing a complete, original work publicly, and aren't really interested in immediately being reminded of what they haven't done well. Why is this? Because most don't fashion themselves as aspiring professional painters.

I believe it's much the same here. Most do it for fun, for sharing, and the compliments feel good. Maybe you feel that's shallow or counterproductive to the process of improving, but like it or not, 'improving' isn't the point for many. As for me specifically, I prefer to seek reviews from specific members, and they will in turn PM their comments to me at their convenience. I get no further benefit from having it posted publicly, and when I invite them to review my work individually, I find I get a more thorough look than if they otherwise stumbled onto it on their own.

ginger86
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:57:03 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/4/2012
Posts: 8,205
Location: Lost, United States
for me it is because i got all the way through the story, i enjoyed it, and it held my attention. i do not score or comment on the bad ones because i never finished reading it.

Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:16:22 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,335
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
If I dont like a story, I just wont comment at all. But I wont say that a story was really bad and be critical of it when I couldnt do any better.

I have read stories here that I thought were very well written but as far as them being sexy and hot, they just werent. And I have also read stories that I thought were very poorly written that I was amazed they made it onto the site, but they really turned me on!!

Maybe there should be 2 comment sections. One where the readers can make their comments and another where only other authors can constructively critique the story. I would think that the other authors would be better at this and the writer would get more out of it than someone like me who hasnt written anything critiquing it.
Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:44:13 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 2,854
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
I don't like to leave negative feedback, many writers (like me) are putting pen to paper (well, finger to keyboard) for the first time and I think harsh criticism could easily deter someone from writing any more...

If I don't like a story, then I will either not comment, or more likely find something positive to say - there's always something nice that you can say, isn't there?

If I felt moved to, I would send a private message to the writer, rather than spoil their comment section with negative feedback.

If you're looking for more constructive feedback, maybe you could PM a couple of your regular readers and ask if they would be willing to go into more depth than they have on the stories themselves, or OMKN's thread would be a good way to get more gritty feedback...

Good luck with it! :)
Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:33:24 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,335
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Mazza wrote:
I don't like to leave negative feedback, many writers (like me) are putting pen to paper (well, finger to keyboard) for the first time and I think harsh criticism could easily deter someone from writing any more...

If I don't like a story, then I will either not comment, or more likely find something positive to say - there's always something nice that you can say, isn't there?

If I felt moved to, I would send a private message to the writer, rather than spoil their comment section with negative feedback.

If you're looking for more constructive feedback, maybe you could PM a couple of your regular readers and ask if they would be willing to go into more depth than they have on the stories themselves, or OMKN's thread would be a good way to get more gritty feedback...

Good luck with it! :)


If I was going to say something negative this is what I would do also.
Orfeo
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:23:25 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 8/13/2012
Posts: 8
Location: The Caribbean
If I don't think a story has merit, I don't even finish it, much less rate it and post a comment!

Additionally, since I've been spending so much time on Lush enjoying the talent of others, I haven't established my own bona fides - assuming I have any - as a writer. I think it's called LAAAZYYY!

Thus, I'm reluctant to critique the writing of those whom I may feel are in need of it, since they have no opportunity to evaluate mine.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 12:37:29 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,805
As above. If a story doesn't really grab me, I go on to something else, and if I haven't read something properly, I'm not really in a position to critique it.

Also, negative criticism, in my view, demands a constructive suggestion as to what is not so good could be better. That, for me at least, demands a few hours to let the thoughts percolate, and since I've got plenty of other things to think about... Well, you get the picture. I'm also one of those who would rather send a personal message than leave a negative comment.

Perhaps Lush could have special volunteer "critics" in the same way it has special verifiers?
Leiza350
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:39:23 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/22/2012
Posts: 413
Location: ft myers, United States
I like the good in people, tend to look past the bad, to others who are positivedontknow .
NymphWriter
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:32:49 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 8/1/2012
Posts: 733
Location: Las Vegas, United States
If I'm going to give "negative feedback" I'd rather send a private message than write something on a public forum. Well, aside from the forum that is. A comment on the story is public. So if I write one, I try to be positive. I'd rather not trash someone's story publicly, but that's just me. If someone puts negative feedback (comments) on my stories, it hurts but I leave it. Besides, we were taught if you can't say something nice, then say nothing at all.

Neve & the Sandman a story written by NymphWriter & adagio_sabadicus

Ianthomas
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:05:34 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2011
Posts: 93
Commenting critically means my knuckles are currently in plaster with a Lush logo on it, so I shall try to tread carefully and as meaninglessly as usual.

An aside - comments and indeed scoring on Lush are getting to an interesting stage at the moment for a sad anorak like me. It may be my imagination but I am sure that more stories are raking up average scores of 5s; that even fours are becoming a rarer mark for people to give. Okay the Lush membership seems to have doubled in the last year so maybe that has something to do with it. (And why is this strand running at the same time someone else has a strand running grumbling about Lush being full of bleeding writers now!)

Oh right, did i have anything relevant to say? Criticism is not necessarily an easy thing to give, and going by some reactions to me, not an easy thing to receive either. The reality is that most of us will avoid the stories that have an off-putting title, is in a category we don't like or is so jarringly written that we give up after a few paras. Reading and enjoyment of stories is also surely a mood thing. I am probably naturally pompous (and intensely hypocritical) about most things on Lush, and I have been conscious of making comments when I am probably gone into a grumpy mood.

But I ultimately want to read authors who are challenging the boundaries of the cliches that populate most Lush stories - and that is not necessarily a criticism of those who are producing crowd pleasers but more an admission that I am just an awkward bastard. That can mean that if I am reading well regarded, top ranking Lush authors then I have expectations of them and I have voiced my grumbles when they are not meeting them. Ah, i was about to say never nastily, but I realise that is a word that is open to debate (smile!!) but seriously any comments I have made were made to make the author think a little bit and question what I have taken (almost certainly wrongly) as just lazy sloppiness or simple clit/cock pleasing fodder.

Sadly LM you have now opened yourself up to me casting my eyes over at least one of your stories, and i welcome the fact that you are seeking real comments rather than ego stroking. Just hope that is still the case after I have commented as I have bad experience of finding out that is not always the case!!!

So actually, Lush does tend to encourage us all towards bottling up our slightly critical comments and just go with the flow - it does feel odd or rather challenging to make a contrary comment about a work which has a flood of lovely comments, more often than not from the elite of Lush-land. To then be feeling in a emporers new clothes situation (and that does happen a bit at the moment) can be difficult and it so much easier to just accept that you don't understand this new pop music that the kids love and walk away from it shaking your head sadly. There is also that element that someone else has aluded to - the guilt thing of if you do offer a critical comment it can cause others to voice similar thoughts; and that is aside from the fear of being slagged off for having dared criticise a great talent!!

So, for a variety of reasons, the best solution probably is to PM the writer with your thoughts. Unless you are one of those sad people who actually don't like sending unsolicited PMs to people you don't know. Then you are really in a bind - still that is not as bad as having read all of these meanderings is it?
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:33:37 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 473,805
Ianthomas wrote:


Sadly LM you have now opened yourself up to me casting my eyes over at least one of your stories, and i welcome the fact that you are seeking real comments rather than ego stroking. Just hope that is still the case after I have commented as I have bad experience of finding out that is not always the case!!!

So actually, Lush does tend to encourage us all towards bottling up our slightly critical comments and just go with the flow - it does feel odd or rather challenging to make a contrary comment about a work which has a flood of lovely comments, more often than not from the elite of Lush-land. To then be feeling in a emporers new clothes situation (and that does happen a bit at the moment) can be difficult and it so much easier to just accept that you don't understand this new pop music that the kids love and walk away from it shaking your head sadly. There is also that element that someone else has aluded to - the guilt thing of if you do offer a critical comment it can cause others to voice similar thoughts; and that is aside from the fear of being slagged off for having dared criticise a great talent!!


You better mean that! The last two people who said they'd treat me roughly said either nothing critical at all, or, in a thread specifically devoted to real criticism, only mentioned a discrepancy between an ad stating "Unfurnished' and the apartment having furniture, and that was it. (And I still went back and edited the story to say "Unfurnished bedroom," which is what I had meant while writing but cocked it up!) So please, take off the kid gloves and comment as truthfully as you like. I can guarantee I've had rougher over at Lit.
Jinxy
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:31:55 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/10/2012
Posts: 2,826
Location: †Jinxy Approved†, United States
I leave the positive in my comments and scores when I read a story, if there is something negative about it, I'll in-box them.
I say this because I learned my lesson about not doing that. It's not nice to get angry messages by people in your own in-box telling you off.

I'm a new writer and would want people to leave the nicer things about my poems and stories in public, and in-box me things that aren't the positives. I want to hear about them because I want to fix what might need fixing. It shows class to do it in private. Don't you think?

†Jinxy Approved†

JohnC
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:23:52 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/7/2013
Posts: 5,031
Location: United States
I would never critique a story unless I was specifically asked to do so.... directly by the author. And I would never give a low number to a story, I would simply move on to the next story.

I do however, see how this would lead some authors thinking they are great writers because all they have are high numbers (or glowing comments), from FRIENDS of theirs, or people who don't have the same level of expectancy as others might have. I have read some pretty poorly written, formulaic, and run of the mill stories here that got fantastic reviews (kind of like all the GREAT COCK, FANTASTIC BODY, comments made on people's albums). Once I did that, I pretty much discounted the reviews as worthless as an indicator of much at all. They can be ego boosts, or used as a weapon against those you may not like, but for me, it is any personal comments sent to me directly that would matter the most.

I have also seen that stories of certain TYPES, tend to get more positive feedback and higher scores, regardless of their actual quality.

As for getting better at writing.... for me, if not specifically asked my view or opinion, I would simply say.... find stories you like. Read them. Does YOUR work look, or read like theirs? Why not? Examine the sentence structure. Flow of the story. Terms or words used. And any other aspect of the story that you LIKE. Emulate it.

But sometimes it comes down to a style issue. There are great writers out there that simply differ in style. I like some styles, and dislike others. This leads me to like, or dislike the story/book/article etc. Kind of like cars, house styles, furniture, clothing, jewelry, artwork, etc. I can appreciate good work without LIKING it. :)

Mark19
Posted: Sunday, April 07, 2013 5:57:20 AM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 4/1/2012
Posts: -4
Location: United States
That's what the comment section is for. Give the author some tips that you think are good for his/her future endeavors. Others say that one shouldn't give bad or even constructive comments. If that's the case, they'll never improve.

The inability to deal with constructive criticism is a sign of immaturity. Nasty comments? Yeah, those have no place here.
HotBttmInBriefs
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 9:35:45 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/6/2013
Posts: 1,520
Location: United States
I think there is a big difference in nasty comments and constructive comments. And most people know the difference. Yes there is the odd duck out there who is always overly sensitive. You learn the hard way to leave them alone.

I am still new to writing here. I am pretty new to writing erotic stories too where they are scrutinized in any way before publication. The few sites I have submitted to in the past accepted anything you sent in and published it....mistakes and all.

So I am still new to experiencing the full Lush treatment here. Most of my first stories have been in what I consider a niche category so they built views slowly but commenting and scoring were kind of equal.

My latest story has been in a different category and has built up views much quicker. But scoring has been slow compared to the amount of views and there have been no comments at all. It is a new experience for me. I have no idea what readers think of the story at all.

Comments are definitely a mixed bag.

I try to comment and score every story I read. The only ones I do not are the ones I can't make it through at all. So far those have been few since I generally stick to categories that I know are really going to interest me. The writing has to be really bad in those categories for me not to at least get something out of it.

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.