Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Economics Options · View
ByronLord
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:35:50 AM

Buc wrote:

“It never should have been enacted in the first place,” Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) said. “It was a terrible mistake. But it was done and it should not be extended. It’s got to end this year. Period. No more.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81316.html#ixzz2KsJd3BFI

You find one Democrat who sided with the GOP on this and claim it as an exclusively Democratic party policy.

You didn't answer the question about Rupert Murdoch's Chinese communist sympathies? Don't you ever wonder if a man who pledged his loyalty to the butcher of Tianamen Square back in the day might be feeding you propaganda? He is certainly feeding you lies.

Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:00:16 AM

You find one Democrat who sided with the GOP on this and claim it as an exclusively Democratic party policy."

Tim Giethner, is GOP, wow, just freaking wow.

So is Nancy Polosy former speaker of the US House

Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:04:31 AM

Huffington Post Reported

He noted that the payroll tax cuts were "explicitly temporary" when they were created" Alan Krueger, chairman of President Barack Obama's Council of Economic Advisers (CEA)

"We're pleased the White House doesn’t mention the payroll tax holiday since extending it would undermine Social Security’s separate dedicated funding source," AARP executive Joyce Rogers

Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner warned Congress against extending the current payroll-tax holiday beyond 2012.

“This has to be a temporary tax cut. I don’t see any reason to consider supporting its extension” next year, said Mr. Geithner on Thursday at a Senate Budget Committee hearing.

WASHINGTON -- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) says Congress should let the payroll tax cut expire at the end of the year and instead work toward comprehensive tax reform.

"I would hope that we would not extend it," Pelosi said of the tax cut, during a Friday sit-down with reporters. "

I think you missed this post so here it is again

Enjoy, God knows I am