Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Valentines Day Options · View
Bigbreasts22
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:23:24 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 2/6/2013
Posts: 46
Location: United States
Me and my guy have been dating for about seven weeks, is it too early to expect anything for valentines day?
Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:39:53 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,661
After 7 weeks, I would expect a Valentine's card at least.. I would be really pissed if I didn't hear from him at all on Valentine's day. I would NOT expect a gift like perfume, jewellery etc, not after only 7 weeks.
jillinjulie
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:10:36 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/17/2011
Posts: 162
Location: O H - I O , United States
Have you been celibate these 7 weeks?
If not then I would say to him: "No Valentine present, no blow jobs."
Nikki703
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:27:04 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,667
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
trinket wrote:
After 7 weeks, I would expect a Valentine's card at least.. I would be really pissed if I didn't hear from him at all on Valentine's day. I would NOT expect a gift like perfume, jewellery etc, not after only 7 weeks.


I agree. I wouldnt expect jewelry or perfume, but a card, maybe some flowers or chocolates, and a nice dinner would be nice. But it really depends on how serious you are after 7 weeks.
Bigbreasts22
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:00:24 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 2/6/2013
Posts: 46
Location: United States
Nikki703 wrote:


I agree. I wouldnt expect jewelry or perfume, but a card, maybe some flowers or chocolates, and a nice dinner would be nice. But it really depends on how serious you are after 7 weeks.



we have been exclusive. dates, movie nights, hanging out with friends... and sex
nigelsnaughty
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:22:01 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 10/30/2010
Posts: 34
Location: West Midlands, United Kingdom
I agree, from the sounds of it your in a full relationship, so to expect valentines, birthdays and other events to be part of it is OK. But i also agree with the others you should only be looking at cards and chocolates, have you given your BF a card?
You may just both be in the ( I'm not going first loop )
Poppet
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:22:42 AM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,251
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
If you have all that, then a dinner a card and some great sex is in order. That's what I'd want anyway. I don't think it's to much.

Dudealicious
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:00:11 AM

Rank: Wise Ass

Joined: 11/12/2010
Posts: 5,413
Location: The center of the universe, Canada
Bigbreasts22 wrote:
Me and my guy have been dating for about seven weeks, is it too early to expect anything for valentines day?


No offence, but it sounds like you are expecting something more than sex or a card. 7 weeks is not a long time to be dating each other, and it's not like he's going to buy you a Tiffany bracelet.

What would your expectations be for this day, what would you like to receive as a gift?

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:10:56 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,661
Bigbreasts22 wrote:


we have been exclusive. dates, movie nights, hanging out with friends... and sex


Hi there. I would say that if he isn't taking care of you then perhaps there are other fish in the sea. A girl needs to live and this is a day to be treated right.

Happy Valentine's Day!


3601
Bigbreasts22
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:14:22 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 2/6/2013
Posts: 46
Location: United States
Dudealicious wrote:


No offence, but it sounds like you are expecting something more than sex or a card. 7 weeks is not a long time to be dating each other, and it's not like he's going to buy you a Tiffany bracelet.

What would your expectations be for this day, what would you like to receive as a gift?



The reason why I asked is because this morning i told my boyfriend i was going to make dinner tonight. (And i was going to make his favorite meal). But instead he said that he was hanging out with the guys tonight. I just figured that it being valentines day he would at least want to spend the night together, I'm not saying i want a gift.
Dudealicious
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:26:37 AM

Rank: Wise Ass

Joined: 11/12/2010
Posts: 5,413
Location: The center of the universe, Canada
Bigbreasts22 wrote:



The reason why I asked is because this morning i told my boyfriend i was going to make dinner tonight. (And i was going to make his favorite meal). But instead he said that he was hanging out with the guys tonight. I just figured that it being valentines day he would at least want to spend the night together, I'm not saying i want a gift.


With this information you have now provided, I would say he's an ass. After a period of a few months of dating the least he would do is spend today with you. The fact that he's going to hang out with his buddies shows that he doesn't have too much attention to detail. If you walk anywhere, listen to the radio or watch TV it's pretty evident that it's Valentines Day!

He can totally count March 24 out in his schedule! But what's next forgetting about your Birthday, and Christmas?

All I can say is.......Come on man!

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

Dani
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:38:13 AM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 4,653
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
Bigbreasts22 wrote:



The reason why I asked is because this morning i told my boyfriend i was going to make dinner tonight. (And i was going to make his favorite meal). But instead he said that he was hanging out with the guys tonight. I just figured that it being valentines day he would at least want to spend the night together, I'm not saying i want a gift.


Maybe he's gonna surprise you. Guys don't typically hang out together on Valentine's Day, unless ALL his buddies are single. Oh shit. Hope I didn't ruin the surprise.



Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

Bigbreasts22
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:42:40 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 2/6/2013
Posts: 46
Location: United States
slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:


Maybe he's gonna surprise you. Guys don't typically hang out together on Valentine's Day, unless ALL his buddies are single. Oh shit. Hope I didn't ruin the surprise.


his friends are single :/
Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:45:54 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,905
Location: California
Bigbreasts22 wrote:
Me and my guy have been dating for about seven weeks, is it too early to expect anything for valentines day?


Are you his weekday or weekend girlfriend? This is very important to know.



Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:45:57 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,661
slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:


Maybe he's gonna surprise you. Guys don't typically hang out together on Valentine's Day, unless ALL his buddies are single. Oh shit. Hope I didn't ruin the surprise.

This COULD be, but I know plenty of guys that hang out with their buddies any given day of the week. The fact it is Valentines Day does not register if they are simply self absorbed individuals. So I would not put money on the "surprise" thing.... it might be... but.....

I am interested to see how it all turns out though. LOL
Bigbreasts22
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:48:00 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 2/6/2013
Posts: 46
Location: United States
Magical_felix wrote:


Are you his weekday or weekend girlfriend? This is very important to know.



ouch :/
Dani
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:57:08 AM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 4,653
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
JohnC wrote:

This COULD be, but I know plenty of guys that hang out with their buddies any given day of the week. The fact it is Valentines Day does not register if they are simply self absorbed individuals. So I would not put money on the "surprise" thing.... it might be... but.....

I am interested to see how it all turns out though. LOL


Damn you John. I was just trying to provide the girl with just a small iota of hope.

But if this is the case, and he's just hanging with his buddies, at least you know where you stand with him. And it's actually good that he's showing his true colors this early in the relationship. But honestly, I don't know of any guy who would date a girl for damn near 2 months and ditch her on Valentine's Day. I'm SURE he knows what day it is and how important it is, which is why I'm like 85% sure he's gonna surprise you. Let's see how it goes.



Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:00:28 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,661
slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:


Damn you John. I was just trying to provide the girl with just a small iota of hope.

But if this is the case, and he's just hanging with his buddies, at least you know where you stand with him. And it's actually good that he's showing his true colors this early in the relationship. But honestly, I don't know of any guy who would date a girl for damn near 2 months and ditch her on Valentine's Day. I'm SURE he knows what day it is and how important it is, which is why I'm like 85% sure he's gonna surprise you. Let's see how it goes.

LOL Ooops, sorry. Embarassed

Let's hope the second is the case... but as you say, if not, it is good to find this out early on. 3601
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:07:00 AM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,268
Location: West Coast
I would not be totally convinced that you're exclusive if you know what I mean. The 'hanging with my friends' things seems like a cop-out or at the very least a sign that he sees you as more of a casual thing at this stage.

Even if he's legit with his buddies tonight - Thursday night - typical boy's night - V-day atmosphere in the bars. A good night for guys to be hitting the scene and playing. I would not get too emotionally invested in this guy to be brutally honest. Been down this road before. Have fun, but proceed with caution.


Magical_felix
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:14:07 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,905
Location: California
Bigbreasts22 wrote:



ouch :/


Just saying because VD is tricky this year. Like, it falls on a weekday but is typically for the weekend girlfriend so maybe he's avoiding it in general because of this conundrum. It's more complex than it seems.



Delphi
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 10:17:50 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 6/30/2012
Posts: 1,362
Location: United States
If you were offering to make him his favorite meal and all you want is sex in return.... why in the hell is he hanging out with his single guy friends? Seems like it would be a win-win for him.
I agree with public opinion. He's probably not worth getting too emotionally involved in.



The Delphi/Dirty_D collaboration - a winner of the Series Award!
Bigbreasts22
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:38:24 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 2/6/2013
Posts: 46
Location: United States
bah! this holiday is just messing with me
FelineFantasy
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:59:31 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2011
Posts: 387
A small romantic gesture, maybe.. Nothing over the top though. The relationship is still fresh :)

Click > here < to read my first feature story, Techno Aphrodite by Piquet!
Naughty_Nurse
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:44:53 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/29/2012
Posts: 597
Location: Netherlands
I so really don't get the point of receiving whatever on this day?
What is it? It's just another commercial hollow, nothing romantic thing.
Only there to get your money out of your pocket.

What`s the romance of getting a gift on this blown up commercial day?
I love to receive gifts, but I prefer that he thinks of giving me one at another day, not because it`s V`day....

My newest story: Monica's Birthday turns into an unexpected orgy

Lessons from a Naugthy Nurse: Scott learns all about oral sex from his nurse
crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:50:11 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
Bigbreasts22 wrote:
Me and my guy have been dating for about seven weeks, is it too early to expect anything for valentines day?


I've been with my guy 573.952 weeks. Yes it's too early.

I'm still expecting something for Valentine's Day! evil4

Mazza
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:10:21 PM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,040
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Dancing_Doll wrote:
I would not be totally convinced that you're exclusive if you know what I mean. The 'hanging with my friends' things seems like a cop-out or at the very least a sign that he sees you as more of a casual thing at this stage.

Even if he's legit with his buddies tonight - Thursday night - typical boy's night - V-day atmosphere in the bars. A good night for guys to be hitting the scene and playing. I would not get too emotionally invested in this guy to be brutally honest. Been down this road before. Have fun, but proceed with caution.


I'm with DD on this one...
Bigbreasts22
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:16:57 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 2/6/2013
Posts: 46
Location: United States
Naughty_Nurse wrote:
I so really don't get the point of receiving whatever on this day?
What is it? It's just another commercial hollow, nothing romantic thing.
Only there to get your money out of your pocket.

What`s the romance of getting a gift on this blown up commercial day?
I love to receive gifts, but I prefer that he thinks of giving me one at another day, not because it`s V`day....



The reason why I asked is because this morning i told my boyfriend i was going to make dinner tonight. (And i was going to make his favorite meal). But instead he said that he was hanging out with the guys tonight. I just figured that it being valentines day he would at least want to spend the night together, I'm not saying i want a gift.
Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:20:43 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,661
Naughty_Nurse wrote:
I so really don't get the point of receiving whatever on this day?
What is it? It's just another commercial hollow, nothing romantic thing.
Only there to get your money out of your pocket.

What`s the romance of getting a gift on this blown up commercial day?
I love to receive gifts, but I prefer that he thinks of giving me one at another day, not because it`s V`day....


Sweet One you must have been hurt by a jerk. Every Day is Valentines Day for the one who makes you hot, but this day is a Special Day like your birthday. It is for the one that you care for and guys like to give gifts to girls (even if we make it seem we don't). Be honest girls love loot. Never turn down a free gift. (Besides it won't be too long before those jerks in charge of Washington will be taxing holidays and telling us -like in China and elsewhere- who we can see and what we can do in the way of sexual affairs. So we might as well enjoy while we can.

As for the question asked, it would be polite of him to give you a little something or to take you out. Esp. if he hopes for the relationship to continue. If he avoids it, well there may be something he is afraid of such as feeling he may be pushing himself to fast on you. But still it is a good excuse for a guy to take a girl out and a guy would be a real fool not to use it.

Now National Mule Day or Take a Dog for a Walk Day or take your daughter to work day (there is a real sexist idea from the old farts of NOW) are a little too far out and are just there to make money. However I do believe in Women seduce a Guy Day and Treat Men Like A God Day are good holidays and I am willing to overlook the commercial use of them.

Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:28:14 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,661
JohnC wrote:

This COULD be, but I know plenty of guys that hang out with their buddies any given day of the week. The fact it is Valentines Day does not register if they are simply self absorbed individuals. So I would not put money on the "surprise" thing.... it might be... but.....

I am interested to see how it all turns out though. LOL
happy1 Care for some popcorn? icon_biggrin
Guest
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 2:30:13 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 534,661
lovewhenuswallow wrote:
happy1 Care for some popcorn? icon_biggrin

LOL Thanks! How about a couple beers to go with that? occasion5
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.