Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Just take away the guns, do it now Options · View
Highwayman
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:47:15 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/10/2012
Posts: 1,498
"They steal them. They not only steal them from law abiding gun owners, they steal them from each other. There is no code of conduct with criminals. They steal from law enforcement, buy them off the street, bring them across the southern border, have them sent via the US mail from countries all over the world. The don't care. They don't worry about background checks, they don't worry about magazine capacities, they don't worry about registration, or any of these measures."

Exactly why we need less guns, and stop the divergent, yet applicable, mental health argument,

‎"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." --Wilde
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:15:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,543
Location: California
nicola wrote:
If I delete all the gun law discussion threads, will that help prevent gun nuts from finding these forums via the search engines?

I'm guessing so...


You may be onto something.



Jack_42
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:09:30 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 978
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
"A gun is no more dangerous than a cricket bat in the hands of a madman."
This is a quote from the UK's most stupid royal the Duke of Edinburgh (the queen's husband) He is noted for making unthinking public remarks. Here is another example just to illustrate the point.
"If you stay here much longer, you'll all be slitty-eyed.
Said to a group of British students in China in 1986, as quoted in "Long line of princely gaffes" BBC News (1 March 2002). The point I'm trying to make is that nobody questioned that this was a stupid thing to say - nobody offered any argument about that. Yet on this post people have said exactly the same kind of thing in all seriousness.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:04:55 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,213
Location: Cakeland, United States
tender_cowboy wrote:
Sure quot the bible and then go kill the unborn... when you have left body parts on the field of battle defending this country and its constitution as i and many others have then we shall talk about constitutional rights. Until then God Bless America and God bless our constitution and god bless the NRA
SEMPER FI


Marine Basic Training... don't tell me those guys don't know how to brainwash a human mind and give their primary message some staying power.

Although this fellow reserved his actual right to think for himself. One would think that this is what anyone who ever served in any military around the world, would come to realize for himself. Let alone those of us who stand back and observe the entire fiasco which is wars of conquest, nation-building & IMF debt for century loans.


Some of you guys could use an introduction to one of the greatest Marines who ever served.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:39:51 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,343
I am against all wars, the US should have stayed out of Europe in both world wars.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:36:03 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,068
Location: United States
Monocle wrote:

Why? There's not a single proposal in Congress to ban all guns, and there won't be.


You know this how? Are you 100% confident in your future-telling skills then? Again, enough people of note HAVE advocated a complete ban on private ownership of either various types of firearms, orof all firearms indiscriminately, that firearms owners are leery of the promises that people like you make. And rightfully so.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:38:05 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,068
Location: United States
nicola wrote:
If I delete all the gun law discussion threads, will that help prevent gun nuts from finding these forums via the search engines?

I'm guessing so...


Then how would Magic Jack ever have any fun around here?

sprite
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:46:01 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 13,608
Location: My Tower, United States
MrNudiePants wrote:


You know this how? Are you 100% confident in your future-telling skills then? Again, enough people of note HAVE advocated a complete ban on private ownership of either various types of firearms, orof all firearms indiscriminately, that firearms owners are leery of the promises that people like you make. And rightfully so.


this from the guy talking about how we're going to get overrun with zombie dinosaurs in the future? seriously? clown
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:01:18 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,543
Location: California
MrNudiePants wrote:


Then how would Magic Jack ever have any fun around here?


Dude...

Remember when I said you and the other gun nut should star in a sequel to Full Metal Jackasses 1 where you take on Obama and his future army of fire breathing Amazonian women riding velociraptors called:

Full Metal Jackasses 2: Operation Canada

Keep your maple syrup off my freedom toast Frenchies!





MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 11:20:17 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,068
Location: United States
sprite wrote:


this from the guy talking about how we're going to get overrun with zombie dinosaurs in the future? seriously? clown


Heh heh heh. I never said that. Magic Jack wrote something similar, as did his little friend, and they tried to say I believe that, but they were just lying, as usual. boxing

Monocle
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:50:32 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 286
MrNudiePants wrote:
You know this how? Are you 100% confident in your future-telling skills then?


On this, absolutely yes. No such laws will be proposed, and even if I'm wrong and some radical makes it in to make the play, no such laws would ever stand a chance of being passed.

Quote:
Again, enough people of note HAVE advocated a complete ban on private ownership of either various types of firearms, orof all firearms indiscriminately, that firearms owners are leery of the promises that people like you make. And rightfully so.

I remember your list of "people of note". It was laugh-out-loud ridiculous. If that list is enough to scare you into thinking the second amendment was actually under threat, then you are the fringe of the fringe.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:39:16 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,068
Location: United States
Monocle wrote:

I remember your list of "people of note". It was laugh-out-loud ridiculous. If that list is enough to scare you into thinking the second amendment was actually under threat, then you are the fringe of the fringe.


I'm glad you know the future. Got any winning lottery numbers at hand? And if my previous post was so ridiculous, why do you not bother to refute it? Why do you just pretend the actual facts don't exist?

Monocle
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 3:59:33 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 286
MrNudiePants wrote:


I'm glad you know the future. Got any winning lottery numbers at hand? And if my previous post was so ridiculous, why do you not bother to refute it? Why do you just pretend the actual facts don't exist?


That prediction is both common sense and easy money for me if anyone took a bet. As for your "people of note" post I addressed it at the time as well. And nowhere have I 'pretended actual facts don't exist'.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 7:19:13 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,068
Location: United States
No, you never did. You keep saying, "No one wants to take your guns," but when I gave you examples of people that want to do just that, you do the internet version of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting, "I can't hear you... Lalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaa!"

I'm sorry that realty doesnt reflect your personal opinion, but it is what it is. Deal with it.

Monocle
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 5:55:37 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 286
MrNudiePants wrote:
No, you never did. You keep saying, "No one wants to take your guns," but when I gave you examples of people that want to do just that, you do the internet version of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting, "I can't hear you... Lalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaa!"

I'm sorry that realty doesnt reflect your personal opinion, but it is what it is. Deal with it.


I keep saying no one with any legislative power wants to take all your guns. Of the quotes you trucked out there a total of 3 from members of congress, the most recent of which, if I recall was 12 years old, and several of which were op eds and news columns from over 30 years ago. You made zero effective case at the time. There have been no universal gun ban laws proposed in congress in the last half dozen sessions at least. I'd wager actually that number is much higher. And I say again there will not be.

Your argument was based on decade old (minimum) quotes from people with no didn't actually attempt to pass gun bans, and I said so at the time. You can call that 'putting fingers in your ears' denial, but then you'd be lying.

I have no doubt that in your personal reality you've made a winning argument. I feel a little sorry for you.
Highwayman
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 6:00:39 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/10/2012
Posts: 1,498
Ignorance is bliss.

‎"The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible." --Wilde
MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 8:48:13 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,068
Location: United States
Monocle wrote:


"Lalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...... I can't hear you!"




Quote:
“I don’t believe that in our society that we should have guns,”

Ed Koch, a Democrat, speaking on New York WABC Radio’s “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio.” -- January 13, 2013


Politicians remember the virtual bloodbath following the passage of the 1994 Clinton-era gun ban, which cost 20 House Democrats their seats. No current politician is going to come out on record as wanting to ban guns, despite the fact that the original language in New York State's new gun control law called for outright confiscation of any semi-automatic firearms or magazines for semi-automatic firearms. That doesn't change the fact that:

1. There have been and still are people of note who would be simply orgasmic to see a law passed banning private possession of firearms.

2. Nostradamus, you ain't.

3. Until you can actually see the future with 100% accuracy, claiming that "no such laws will be proposed" is either wishful thinking, or a flat-out lie.



Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 9:11:01 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,543
Location: California
MrNudiePants wrote:


Politicians remember the virtual bloodbath following the passage of the 1994 Clinton-era gun ban, which cost 20 House Democrats their seats. No current politician is going to come out on record as wanting to ban guns, despite the fact that the original language in New York State's new gun control law called for outright confiscation of any semi-automatic firearms or magazines for semi-automatic firearms. That doesn't change the fact that:

1. There have been and still are people of note who would be simply orgasmic to see a law passed banning private possession of firearms.

2. Nostradamus, you ain't.

3. Until you can actually see the future with 100% accuracy, claiming that "no such laws will be proposed" is either wishful thinking, or a flat-out lie.



Why are you saying that he's the one that goes "lalallalalallallalalalal.. I can't hear you?" You have been cornered by logic by several people a whole bunch of times and by me as well... I cornered you with logic and you literally went "douchydouchysouchydouchydouchydouchysouchydouchy" In response like a tantruming child... I felt a little embarrassed for you. You are the one that ignores common sense in favor of your argument. "You don't know what will happen in the future." Why do you think no pro-gun politicians use that argument? I'll tell you why... Because it's stupid. If you think they are going to ban guns you are severely misinformed and wallowing in ignorance.



Monocle
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 9:53:18 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 286
Ed Koch? Really? The retired, (now dead) Mayor of New York? He sponsored federal legislation banning all guns when he was a congressman? No. You quote an interview literally weeks before his death as some kind of imminent threat to your rights of gun ownership? I'm trying not to laugh and failing.

MrNudiePants wrote:
No current politician is going to come out on record as wanting to ban guns...


So, what then? They're going to pass Federal gun bans in secret? Come on.

Quote:
1. There have been and still are people of note who would be simply orgasmic to see a law passed banning private possession of firearms.

"People of note" and a buck fifty will buy you a cup of coffee. Find me someone with legislative power, or even significant influence who's actively pursuing a universal gun ban - who isn't dead.

I don't have to be Nostradamus. Political reality and American culture make it painfully obvious. There's no one in Congress or the Executive branch who has any plan to repeal or alter the second amendment, and there won't ever be one that has a chance of passing. And you know what? I can wait. Come back in 20 years, 30 years, and I'll let you admit I was right.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:29:26 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,068
Location: United States
Monocle wrote:


Find me someone with legislative power, or even significant influence who's actively pursuing a universal gun ban...




In other words.... "Lalalalalalalalalalalala I still can't hear you... Hold on while I move the hurdle again."



I never made that claim, and if you're asserting that I did, you really are a liar. What I DID say was that enough people DO want to ban all guns that gun owners are rightfully skeptical of claims such as the one you keep repeatedly being wrong about. Just admit that you're wrong. It isn't painful, and it shows that you're actually a grownup, for real and true, instead of just a child of advanced years.

Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:42:10 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,543
Location: California
MrNudiePants wrote:



In other words.... "Lalalalalalalalalalalala I still can't hear you... Hold on while I move the hurdle again."



I never made that claim, and if you're asserting that I did, you really are a liar. What I DID say was that enough people DO want to ban all guns that gun owners are rightfully skeptical of claims such as the one you keep repeatedly being wrong about. Just admit that you're wrong. It isn't painful, and it shows that you're actually a grownup, for real and true, instead of just a child of advanced years.


How are you not embarrassed by this statement?

You just said you you never said they are proposing a universal gun ban... so you are agreeing with him that your rants and ravings about gun bans are unfounded. That is fucking hysterical.

You pantalooned yourself with your own statement OMG, I'm dying here. laughing8



Kitanica
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:47:08 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/16/2011
Posts: 882
Location: The Sprawl, United States
I stopped watching these threads, just as I predicted nothing happened and it dropped out of the news fairly quickly, at least I haven't heard anything about it apart from the bludering idiot that is Piers Morgan. I wanted to deport him so bad.. never found that petition to sign. Shame on me.
The NRA lobby's too much money and profits too much from gunsales, you can't shut them down anymore than fatcat 1%er's, a ban was doomed to failure from the start. Thats why i opposed it (and other reasons) We could have spent the last month doing something useful, now its weeks later and nothing at alls been done. It's just not possible at the moment. Maybe in a few years people will wise up and oust the rightwings from the house then if you want to ban them with a democratic congress have at it. Too little gets done in the 3 months a year our gridlocked congress actually shows up to spend it on this. waste of time imo when there were better options to begin with. It'd be easier to just fire everyone in congress and start over, then push a ban through the house. At least a company's finally taking smart gun tech seriously. (I believe it's kodiac, not sure)

I'm just sick of Facebook posts about don't tread on me and how obamas a gun stealing communist. the 2nd amendment didn't apply to individuals till 2008 thanks to lobbying. i can't stand being on the same side as my idiot friends. At first I was pro gun for different reasons from the liberal hating don't steal my guns agenda. Now I'm pro gun but I want them all banned just to piss them off, and who I know for a fact can't even define communist because I was in the same classes as them. angry7

I'd rather backstab my own team then listen to them ignorantly blather on about things they don't understand and refuse to educate themselves on. Brick wall
sprite
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:47:29 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 13,608
Location: My Tower, United States
Magical_felix wrote:


How are you not embarrassed by this statement?

You just said you you never said they are proposing a universal gun ban... so you are agreeing with him that your rants and ravings about gun bans are unfounded. That is fucking hysterical.

You pantalooned yourself with your own statement OMG, I'm dying here. laughing8


Pantaloons:



not to be mistaken for clown pants

Kitanica
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:51:42 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/16/2011
Posts: 882
Location: The Sprawl, United States
Magical_felix wrote:


Why are you saying that he's the one that goes "lalallalalallallalalalal.. I can't hear you?" You have been cornered by logic by several people a whole bunch of times and by me as well... I cornered you with logic and you literally went "douchydouchysouchydouchydouchydouchysouchydouchy" In response like a tantruming child... I felt a little embarrassed for you. You are the one that ignores common sense in favor of your argument. "You don't know what will happen in the future." Why do you think no pro-gun politicians use that argument? I'll tell you why... Because it's stupid. If you think they are going to ban guns you are severely misinformed and wallowing in ignorance.


You forgot douchethunder, douchymcdouchington esquire, and quarterpounder with a side of douche lol.
Monocle
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:52:34 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 286
MrNudiePants wrote:



In other words.... "Lalalalalalalalalalalala I still can't hear you... Hold on while I move the hurdle again."



I never made that claim, and if you're asserting that I did, you really are a liar. What I DID say was that enough people DO want to ban all guns that gun owners are rightfully skeptical of claims such as the one you keep repeatedly being wrong about. Just admit that you're wrong. It isn't painful, and it shows that you're actually a grownup, for real and true, instead of just a child of advanced years.


I haven't changed a thing. There are not laws currently in the offing to ban all guns nationally, there have not been in the past, and there won't be. That hasn't changed. You haven't brought anything to the table to counter the facts that there have been and are no attempts to do so. You've brought nothing that even comes close to suggesting there's any possibility such will happen in the future.

I never said you claimed otherwise about the past or present. You have managed to dodge, however, the vast difference between "people of note" who might advocate some kind of ban, and the actual possibility of a ban ever being realized. You very definitely connote that the former implies the latter. If that was not intended, say so.

Talk about moving goalposts. You've moved from 'people in congress' (where you could only summon three opinions, no legislation, and nothing from the last decade), to "people of note", to "enough people". More nebulous each time.

I'll happily admit I'm wrong, if I were. But I'm not. As I said, you can admit it in 20-30 years. I'll wait. There will be no laws banning all guns in this country. Your concern is paranoia at its purest.
Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:59:22 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,543
Location: California
sprite wrote:


not to be mistaken for clown pants



In nudie's case clown pants are more appropriate than pantaloons me thinks.

Quote:
you forgot douchethunder, douchymcdouchington esquire, and quarterpounder with a side of douche lol.


Also douche nozzle and the special douche sauce on my douchepounder with douchy cheese.





nicola
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:03:00 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 24,863
Location: Sydney, Australia
This thread surely needs a bump, we haven't talked about gun laws nearly enough this week.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/02/18/15/08/shocking-video-game-based-on-dorner-shootout

Intelligent satire by 4chan, highlighting the stupidity of the media hype surrounding these kinds of shootings? Something else?
Milik_Redman
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 12:20:37 AM

Rank: Internet Philosopher

Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 3,725
Location: somewhere deep under the Earth, United States
nicola wrote:
This thread surely needs a bump, we haven't talked about gun laws nearly enough this week.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2013/02/18/15/08/shocking-video-game-based-on-dorner-shootout

Intelligent satire by 4chan, highlighting the stupidity of the media hype surrounding these kinds of shootings? Something else?


All of this took place right here in Sourthern California and some of the shooting were less than 10 minutes from my home.

When this guy was running around, the police were so worked up that the actually fired on two innocent vehicles just because they looked like his. Between the police freaking out, and Dorner shooting cops down, I wasn't entirely sure who was more dangerous to the public.

I was glad I was a gun owner though, and did spend one evening wondering exactly how close he might get to my home.

The game is disgusting though. The people behind it have mocked the dead in a most unforgivable way.

“It is a great thing to know your vices.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero




http://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-trans-atlantic-affair.aspx
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 11:37:42 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 470,343
I have NOT read all 16 pages of posts on this topic, and don't know if anyone else has made this point. We have this little thing in the United States called the Constitution, and as one of its key provisions it says that there can be no taking of property by the government without due process of law, and that includes fair compensation. Here are the economic facts. The best estimate of total gun ownership in the United States is 350,000,000 per Ask.com. A high end weapon, such as a .223 Bushmaster assault weapon costs about $1500, and a Remington 700 sporting rifle is about $500. It's possible to purchase .22 caliber handguns for about $125 new, and, of course, used prices are much less. Let's assume, just for the sake of argument, that the fair market value of the average firearm is $300. Multiply that times three hundred fifty million, and we can see that the cost of disarming America would be at least a Hundred Five Billion dollars. So, where is that money going to come from: DoD? Medicare/Social Security? NASA? Transportation/Highways/Air Control? Environmental? Personally, I think that a ban on the size of magazines is reasonable, and the NRA is bugfuck crazy on that issue. However, I do not want to see Barry and the Progressives get mired in a debate on this issue at the cost of advancing other, more important items.
MindsEye
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 2:21:01 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 1/14/2010
Posts: 75
Location: Canada
IngridW wrote:
I have NOT read all 16 pages of posts on this topic, and don't know if anyone else has made this point. We have this little thing in the United States called the Constitution, and as one of its key provisions it says that there can be no taking of property by the government without due process of law, and that includes fair compensation. Here are the economic facts. The best estimate of total gun ownership in the United States is 350,000,000 per Ask.com. A high end weapon, such as a .223 Bushmaster assault weapon costs about $1500, and a Remington 700 sporting rifle is about $500. It's possible to purchase .22 caliber handguns for about $125 new, and, of course, used prices are much less. Let's assume, just for the sake of argument, that the fair market value of the average firearm is $300. Multiply that times three hundred fifty million, and we can see that the cost of disarming America would be at least a Hundred Five Billion dollars. So, where is that money going to come from: DoD? Medicare/Social Security? NASA? Transportation/Highways/Air Control? Environmental? Personally, I think that a ban on the size of magazines is reasonable, and the NRA is bugfuck crazy on that issue. However, I do not want to see Barry and the Progressives get mired in a debate on this issue at the cost of advancing other, more important items.



Is it crazy to suggest the constitution might need ammending? It was surely not envisioning the current strife, and the power of these weapons. Having said that the big problem is hand guns. They are cheap and easy to use at close range, just made for gangs. Handguns have no other purpose than to kill people. Stop selling ammo and the guns become worthless quite quickly.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.