Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

HOLY GAJEEBAS! A METEORITE HIT RUSSIA, your thoughts? Options · View
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 5:12:07 AM

So yeah incase none of yous has seen it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsOKcjc0zgM, but yeah your thoughts on this? any people wanna come forward with, you know any conspiracies? sublimal messages? any theories? are there gonna be more this year? questions questions. go on answer them.
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 6:09:15 AM

CNN Lady Report asked Bill Nye the Science Guy if it could be related to GoreBal Warming. I kid you not!
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 7:08:37 AM

How come so many people in Russia drive around with cameras fixed on their dashboards?

Cool videos.

That would be scary as hell if you were in close to the point of impact.

I think more things like this will be happening going forward - it's all blind chance where these things end up landing in the universe. Earth isn't exempt from damage if we're in the way. I heard another massive asteroid is going to be zipping by earth later today as well.

lafayettemister
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 7:47:42 AM

It's President Obama's fault!!!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Mazza
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 8:01:32 AM

Sky News Report on Meteor

It would have scared the crap out of me...

Almost 1,000 have been hurt now and lots of damage to buildings and property...

Yikes...

CurlyGirly
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 8:14:41 AM

Ugggh, I have a smallish person who was very worried about the asteroid the other day, because they were discussing it in school. To appease her, I explained that the asteroid was 17,000 miles away, which is superty duper far and not going to hit. We also looked to see how many people have been killed/injured in the past by asteroids. So much for me giving science lessons. confused5

If she sees this, I've lost all credibility. *sigh* She was the only one who still thought I knew stuff, so much for that.

It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?

Orfeo
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 8:17:54 AM

Damn glad it didn't land on the little island I live on! It would have shaken all the coconuts out of the trees!
Mazza
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 8:23:30 AM

CurlyGirly wrote:
Ugggh, I have a smallish person who was very worried about the asteroid the other day, because they were discussing it in school. To appease her, I explained that the asteroid was 17,000 miles away, which is superty duper far and not going to hit. We also looked to see how many people have been killed/injured in the past by asteroids. So much for me giving science lessons. confused5

If she sees this, I've lost all credibility. *sigh* She was the only one who still thought I knew stuff, so much for that.

Ha, CG, there's an ass-teroid passing the earth tonight. I don't know if you'll be able to see it in the US, but I DO know that you'll need binoculars or a telescope to see it

ASS-teroid hahahah
sprite
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 9:42:50 AM

CurlyGirly wrote:

i still think you know stuff! Big Hugs

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 9:43:20 AM

Mazza wrote:

Ha, CG, there's an ass-teroid passing the earth tonight. I don't know if you'll be able to see it in the US, but I DO know that you'll need binoculars or a telescope to see it

A little less than 4 hours from now, Mazza! That's early afternoon for some of us. I wonder if this impact is a chip off the old block, so-to-speak.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 9:45:20 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
How come so many people in Russia drive around with cameras fixed on their dashboards?

Check out #3: http://www.cracked.com/article_20164_5-hilariously-bad-ideas-that-actually-solved-huge-problems.html
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 9:49:56 AM

Interesting how the contrail resembles the CGI from the 1998 movie.

Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 9:51:28 AM

CurlyGirly wrote:

Well, to put 17,000 miles another way, the earth moves through space at about 67,000 miles per hour. We're missing that asteroid by a scant 15 minutes. You probably shouldn't let her read this post if she's worried...
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 9:54:43 AM

purported impact point.

http://rt.com/news/meteorite-crash-urals-chelyabinsk-283/

Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:36:50 AM

Aaagh, hope it didn't damage any grain crops, I want my Lady Vodka unharmed!
Dani
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:55:23 AM

infamous wrote:
So yeah incase none of yous has seen it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsOKcjc0zgM, but yeah your thoughts on this? any people wanna come forward with, you know any conspiracies? sublimal messages? any theories? are there gonna be more this year? questions questions. go on answer them

This has illuminati written all over it.Shhh

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

Nikki703
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 1:00:39 PM

CurlyGirly wrote:

In astronomical terms, 17000 miles is the proverbial "cunt hair". I remember from watching Apollo 13 them sayiing that being a fraction of a degree off course can mean thousands of miles. So lets hope they are right. And if not, hopefully Bruce Willis and his crew are ready to go up and destroy it!! HAHA

As scary as the meteor in Russia was, have to admit the vids are pretty cool. Imagine seeing that thing fly across the sky. Thankfully, seems like the injuries were mostly minor. My dad told me about one he saw in NY sometime in the 60's (could have been drug inuced of course since it was the 60's). But seriously, it was like a ball of fire flying across the sky. Think it landed somewhere in PA or OH.

mercianknight
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 1:58:22 PM

It all reminds me of what my dear departed mother-in-law always said - "You are never promised tomorrow."

Anyone fancy a shag? evil4

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 2:17:39 PM

Awww C'mon guys! Get real!! This happens every day, just this particular day there was somebody to take a few pics and post it on the tube... and you all should have heard about super imposing and photoshop and all these funny tools you can get from the nearest pc shoppe? Ok, it happened... It happens all the time... I saw a shooting star same area two nights in a row.. i.e. a meteorite!!! Though I did not stick around for the third night...Regaeman Man just in case... and it was cloudy as well
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 2:18:13 PM

CurlyGirly
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 2:28:50 PM

sprite wrote:

i still think you know stuff! Big Hugs

Aww, thank you. Maybe I can adopt you? Not in a weird way or anything. laughing8

LiquidMatthew wrote:
Well, to put 17,000 miles another way, the earth moves through space at about 67,000 miles per hour. We're missing that asteroid by a scant 15 minutes. You probably shouldn't let her read this post if she's worried...

Nikki703 wrote:
In astronomical terms, 17000 miles is the proverbial "cunt hair". I remember from watching Apollo 13 them sayiing that being a fraction of a degree off course can mean thousands of miles. So lets hope they are right. And if not, hopefully Bruce Willis and his crew are ready to go up and destroy it!! HAHA

Yeah, see, you two are NOT helping at all. I said I was trying to make her feel better, not have her hiding in the basement for the next few hours. I know 17,000 miles isn't that much in space, but it seems ginormous to her. sad1 Definitely no worries about me letting her read Lush posts. evil4

It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?

Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 4:24:47 PM

It's aliens after our water supply like in 'Battle Los Angeles' geek
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 6:08:35 PM

Uh-oh. Maybe the Mayans were right, although off by a few months. We're only human.

p.s. What's a gajeebas?
Buz
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 6:14:48 PM

That was wild. What if it had happened on Dec. 12th? wasn't that the day the Mayans said the earth would end? I forgot.

I hated to see that so many people were injured. But I wish I could have seen it live.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 7:56:26 PM

Buz wrote:
That was wild. What if it had happened on Dec. 12th? wasn't that the day the Mayans said the earth would end? I forgot.

Gawddamn, even your numerics are dyslexic, Buz.

blah5 evil4

Kitanica
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:01:08 PM

From what I heard it broke up before it hit the ground, 10tons pre sonic boom, blew to small pieces that caused dammed and the boom did the windows that hurt most of the people. That photo is from a piece of the meteorite. It says in the article underneath it also, oh and it says ten also nvm... Anyway a ten ton hunk would have made a way bigger hole. Lucky people who didn't get hit. a good solid piece is rare, Would be cool to pick one up from the yard and have something from space. People in the hospital? Not so much, but you can say "hey space tried to kill me cause I'm that awesome, has it tried to get you? No? Didn't think so" (cue insulting laughter) I guess that's a bright side for bragging rights at the least.
DLizze
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 4:14:51 PM

Actually, the number of meteors that size that are drawn into earth's gravitational field is surprisingly high. Most of them, though are over and into one of the various oceans or seas. Also, most meteorites explode at an altitude of about thirty miles. Consequently, they cause no damage, and no injuries. Astronomers estimate that somewhere beween 18,000 and 84,000 meteorites of 10 kg or more mass strike the earth annually. Estimates vary pretty widly, because something that size is muct too small to track; estimates are based on meteorite finds in desert regions.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:33:54 AM

Anyone also see the occulation of Jupiter and the moon last night?
Mazza
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:16:15 PM

I think this guy has the best reaction of all to the meteorite!

evil4