Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Change in Lush culture Options · View
Guest
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 8:50:51 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 530,472
Has anyone else noticed a change in the Lush culture? have been a member multiple times over the last few years and I see a serious change. This site used to be what it was, a sex site. Say what you like but what I enjoy most about this site is the chatting and cybering. The site seems to have taken on a new identity where people seem to have moved away from that. There are not as many women interested in that sort of thing and it now appears that half of the people who are members of this site are more interested in being "writers" than anything else. Yes I put that in quotations because as much as I enjoy the stories on this site I don't consider people who write stories on a sex site to be real writers. Has anyone else noticed this culture change and not been happy about it?
VanGogh
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 10:44:36 PM

Rank: Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado

Joined: 2/10/2012
Posts: 2,996
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Quote:
The Eloquent Hugecock69 says ....

Has anyone else noticed a change in the Lush culture? have been a member multiple times over the last few years and I see a serious change. This site used to be what it was, a sex site. Say what you like but what I enjoy most about this site is the chatting and cybering. The site seems to have taken on a new identity where people seem to have moved away from that. There are not as many women interested in that sort of thing and it now appears that half of the people who are members of this site are more interested in being "writers" than anything else. Yes I put that in quotations because as much as I enjoy the stories on this site I don't consider people who write stories on a sex site to be real writers. Has anyone else noticed this culture change and not been happy about it?


Seriously??

I wonder why many women are not interested in cybering with you?? coffee


A Milf series combined with Office Sex *fans face* .... The Secretary and The Student
starting with The Secretary and The Student - first part

Enjoy!!

For the Anal Lovers .... come enjoy my RR honoured An Alluring Ass

Another Sex in the Office Poem (I know you love those!!) In Your Office

WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 10:58:19 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,281
Location: Cakeland, United States
PersonalAssistant wrote:


Seriously??

coffee


6

Several times with several different user names eh? You're just now noticing that it is primarily an erotic story website? Awww man, you gotta be pulling our chain.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
crazydiamond
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:05:52 AM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
Hugecock69 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a change in the Lush culture? have been a member multiple times over the last few years and I see a serious change. This site used to be what it was, a sex site. Say what you like but what I enjoy most about this site is the chatting and cybering. The site seems to have taken on a new identity where people seem to have moved away from that. There are not as many women interested in that sort of thing and it now appears that half of the people who are members of this site are more interested in being "writers" than anything else. Yes I put that in quotations because as much as I enjoy the stories on this site I don't consider people who write stories on a sex site to be real writers. Has anyone else noticed this culture change and not been happy about it?


Hint- it's in the title Lush STORIES



stelmaria
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:12:14 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/8/2012
Posts: 318
Location: New Zealand
tbh... I feel like Lush has a bit of a Facebook feel to it ha. And pssh whatever, erotic fiction is like the hottest selling literature on the planet lol. Sex sells, everyone knows that. All the Mills and Boon authors probably started in places like this ha

nicola
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:27:29 AM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 25,416
Location: The Orgasmatron
This post is the online equivalent of Candid Camera. I keep expecting to turn around and a guy comes in and tells me it's a prank...
DirtyMartini
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:38:56 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,778
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
crazydiamond wrote:


Hint- it's in the title Lush STORIES



You have to understand Crazy-D that some people don't understand subtle hints like that...they need something a bit less subtle to get to their head...



Btw, this thread reminds me we could probably use a new emoticon...just sayin'



You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:47:14 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,595
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
What does a real writer look like, please? And what are they allowed to write? confused5

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
scooter
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:16:29 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/24/2010
Posts: 2,689
Location: Ohio
Well hugecock69,

There you about have it. I guess your the only one all pissy here.
I don't consider guys that re-join the site several times in the past few years to be "real members" either.

Nice emoticon DM

DirtyMartini
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:35:02 AM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,778
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
scooter wrote:

I don't consider guys that re-join the site several times in the past few years to be "real members" either.



Yeah, you tell him Scooter...it's like they don't know whether they're coming or going...and that could be a problem...


Glad you like that emoticon btw...I picked it out myself...


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

crazydiamond
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:37:00 AM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,286
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
DirtyMartini wrote:


Yeah, you tell him Scooter...it's like they don't know whether they're coming or going...and that could be a problem...


Glad you like that emoticon btw...I picked it out myself...


OMG it's Balki Bartokomous!! hahahaha I forgot all about him!

sweet80sarah
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:54:02 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 4/16/2012
Posts: 14
Location: United States
Hugecock69 wrote:
I don't consider people who write stories on a sex site to be real writers

I'm curious... what is a 'real writer' to you?

Hope you are still using the same profile and haven't rejoined with another by the time you deliver your retort.coffee

And just to echo what a few others have said... golly gee, sex stories on a sex story website... who would have thunk it?dontknow
hankyspanky
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:10:02 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 11/4/2012
Posts: 524
Location: wellington, New Zealand
I enjoy many of the stories&would not,be competent to try,so good on those who do&thanx.what i dont like,is,sending a good msge to a frend&No reply,or 1 liners @times!
Coco
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:30:29 AM

Rank: Story Lover

Joined: 7/22/2011
Posts: 4,445
Location: Fantasy City, United States
Hugecock69 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a change in the Lush culture? have been a member multiple times over the last few years and I see a serious change. This site used to be what it was, a sex site. Say what you like but what I enjoy most about this site is the chatting and cybering. The site seems to have taken on a new identity where people seem to have moved away from that. There are not as many women interested in that sort of thing and it now appears that half of the people who are members of this site are more interested in being "writers" than anything else. Yes I put that in quotations because as much as I enjoy the stories on this site I don't consider people who write stories on a sex site to be real writers. Has anyone else noticed this culture change and not been happy about it?


That's pretty interesting "Hugecock69." Yes, I put that in quotations because I don't consider you a real man because I don't consider men that give themselves a name that's more than likely a figment of their imagination. Talk about real...

I'm with Shylass, what is a real writer?



Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:34:31 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,025
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
SITTING
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:40:21 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 8/11/2011
Posts: 700
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
cocokisses wrote:


That's pretty interesting "Hugecock69." Yes, I put that in quotations because I don't consider you a real man because I don't consider men that give themselves a name that's more than likely a figment of their imagination. Talk about real...




Wait, where do I get that 'Like' button I used to see around here?

Check out my competition entry below!
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:47:59 AM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 25,416
Location: The Orgasmatron
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:17:18 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 530,472
Even if that is the case, and It appears that you believe it to have changed. Well to coin a phrase from the "Soprano's"...what ya gonna do? Life constantly evolves and changes, we as human have an amazing capacity to cope with change, we have done so for thousands of years, there is a niche industry dedicated to managing change, it can of course be tough to change, we like the way things are, we are comfortable, etc etc.

That's Life I'm afraid, change happens we have to find our own way to deal with that change, so don't sweat the little things, life is wayyyyyyy to short for that me old china!

And there is a real distinction to be made regarding the "Writing" here or anywhere else for that matter, as I type these words I am writing therefore (for this short amount of time) I am a writer of words, ergo....drum roll please.....I am a writer.

Now am I successful published writer with twenty seven best sellers to my name...no, but a writer nonetheless. Semantics? perhaps but a valid point nevertheless. I can drive, therefore I am a driver. I walk therefore I am a walker..and so the list could go on.

In summary, I write therefore I am a "Writer" quotes or no quotes...I am a writer of words.

Cheerio
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:02:30 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 530,472
Hey, hugecock69, stand up for yourself, you're getting battered here. You can't just go insulting a large community without them, rightly so, backing you into a corner and chewing strips of you.

So what say you? What is a "real writer" and why do you think that every single female member is here just for your gratification? Hint: you want to wank, read the stories, that way nobody has to read your bile and you might also realise that there are many talented, proper writers here, some of whom have been published, not only in an ebook, but also by publishing houses.
scarlet
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:43:30 AM

Rank: Chat Moderator

Joined: 12/18/2011
Posts: 3,318
Location: United Kingdom
A real writer.... A real writer to me is someone that let's the reader into their mind and involves the audience in the story. Transports them to their world until they need to see what happens to the characters, the situations and follow the journey.

By this I think there are many so on lush,, from shys New version of fairytales to buzs sexual journey through college.

What do you define a real writer as?
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 5:55:01 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 530,472
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:20:18 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 530,472
Hugecock69 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a change in the Lush culture? have been a member multiple times over the last few years and I see a serious change. This site used to be what it was, a sex site. Say what you like but what I enjoy most about this site is the chatting and cybering. The site seems to have taken on a new identity where people seem to have moved away from that. There are not as many women interested in that sort of thing and it now appears that half of the people who are members of this site are more interested in being "writers" than anything else. Yes I put that in quotations because as much as I enjoy the stories on this site I don't consider people who write stories on a sex site to be real writers. Has anyone else noticed this culture change and not been happy about it?


My theory is just that people's standards are rising, and you don't make the cut.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 6:36:11 AM

Rank: Alpha Blonde

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,228
Location: West Coast
Hugecock69 wrote:
I don't consider people who write stories on a sex site to be real writers.


And as others have said, I don't consider guys with handles like 'Hugecock69' to ever be packing more than 4 or 5 'real' inches.

Not enough takers to help you jerk off? I get that you're looking for free low-hanging fruit here, but you know there are plenty of places on the internet where you can pay for that kind of thing if you want breathless online sexbots to cyber-titillate you. This site is comprised of actual live human beings that have more of their mind than being a masturbation aid to a faceless stranger. It's always been that way.


clum
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:04:33 AM

Rank: Clumeleon

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 4,246
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Your insulting comments aside, I can't say that I have noticed any change in the culture of Lush in the two years since I joined.

The focus of the site is now, has always been and will always be on erotic stories. Yes, other activities like you describe do go on but that's certainly not why the site is here and probably not why you should be a member. I still encounter roughly the same number of people looking to do those kinds of things as I did when I first joined.

Maybe you're looking in the wrong places. Or maybe you have a bad attitude about the site and that is reflecting on your enjoyment of it. Either way, that's not Lush's problem to fix.

Now, please stop insulting people who work very hard as writers of erotic fiction. I don't really know why you had to make such a statement, even if you do truly believe it. If you've been around the site for as long as you say you have, you would know that comments like that are very offensive in this community.

Every day is a school day.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:31:44 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 530,472
Wow look at all these clever people pointing out that stories is in the name. My point was simply that the site is changing, with the new gold program. Just because it's a place to post erotic stories that doesn't mean it isn't a sex site once joined. Real writers to me have in depth complex plots that don't rely on sex to get views. Saying you're a writer because you post sex stories online is like saying you're an actress because you once made a sex tape. I enjoy the stories on here don't get me wrong, and some of the authors are good at what they do, writing about sex. What annoys me is the fact that some of you "writers" seem to be under the impression that posting on a sex site is the starting point to becoming the next Hemingway or Allende: hate to break it to you but that's not gonna happen. My point is simply this, this is a sex site, and it seems like people are trying to make it classy and move away from that. I know there are people who feel the same way as me, speak up, don't let all these future J.D Salingers and Pearl S. Bucks push you around.


...........Oh and I didn't realize it was a crime to join and rejoin, I don't know how I sleep at night with the weight from the guilt of leaving a sex site on my mind


sleepy2
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:47:02 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 530,472


All writers have to start somewhere, there are several established writers on the site and by established I mean they've been published. I haven't noticed a decline in people wanting to cyber, neither has the way that they ask changed. Maybe people who've been on the site long enough are sick of the usual 'horni?' as an opening line.
Plus, not everyone is here for the same reason, just because everyone on lush isn't jumping at the chance to cyber with you, doesn't mean they aren't doing it with other people.
Jayne33
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:48:39 AM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 6/5/2012
Posts: 1,232
Location: on my laptop, United Kingdom
orangefox444 wrote:


In summary, I write therefore I am a "Writer" quotes or no quotes...I am a writer of words.

Cheerio


I have to agree with everything everyone has said. There are sites set up if you just want to chat and cyber, and repeating the point that many have made that this is "Lush Stories".

Clum made the point that we work really hard to write these stories, and having spent hours myself sat penning my own work, I know this to be true. Perhaps if you actually tried to sit down and write a story, that is half as good as some of the writers on this site, then you would realize that it takes great skill.


Thinking Of You By Jayne33
TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:51:47 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,298
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
Well you did post some pretty insulting things about the writers (Even the amateurs like me). People are going to take it personally.
You might want to rethink what you wrote before tossing more criticism out there.
This is not the way to make friends (You know... the ones you'd like to cyber with), but it is one way to get attention.

I, for one, have seen a change in Lush culture. People are getting meaner.
Pointing out spelling mistakes in the forums (I find that extremely rude) or getting their back all up about something totally irrelevant that someone else has posted instead of taking the time to read between the lines or see it from their point of view instead of jumping down their throats and ganging up on them.
It's time to back away from the computer and get outside for some fresh air if you find something on Lush insulting and it makes you mad.

Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 7:56:47 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 530,472
Thank You! I know i was insulting and that wasn't my intention at first, but I felt the need to voice my opinion. I too have noticed little things like having spelling corrected. That didn't used to happen
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:08:14 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/4/2010
Posts: 6,372
Location: Alabama, United States
TheDevilsWeakness wrote:
Well you did post some pretty insulting things about the writers (Even the amateurs like me). People are going to take it personally.
You might want to rethink what you wrote before tossing more criticism out there.
This is not the way to make friends (You know... the ones you'd like to cyber with), but it is one way to get attention.

I, for one, have seen a change in Lush culture. People are getting meaner.
Pointing out spelling mistakes in the forums (I find that extremely rude) or getting their back all up about something totally irrelevant that someone else has posted instead of taking the time to read between the lines or see it from their point of view instead of jumping down their throats and ganging up on them.
It's time to back away from the computer and get outside for some fresh air if you find something on Lush insulting and it makes you mad.


What she said.





When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.