Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Change in Lush culture Options · View
Poppet
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:27:19 AM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,259
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
I've only been here for a few short months. About 4 and half months, I think. Before I joined I was a non-member for about a week before joining. I was surfing the net for sex stories, and Lush was the first one I came across. I only saw stories. I didn’t know you could even chat, once I became a member SOULY to try my hand at writing like the others. I joined and started getting drowned in pvt messages by “cyber monkeys” all they wanted was sex. I wasn't interested in sex online. Even from an online “chat site”.

Not everyone wants to be your next cyber fling. Honestly a few of the others had it right, even if I did want to cyber with someone, I’m not going to go after someone with an avatar name such as yours. It screams insecurity. It’s like men who rev their engines or bikers who roar down the road showing off.

Also, I get maybe wanting to leave Lush. Taking a break from it, and coming back, but why the new name? Why not just step away from the site? Why make new accounts again and again? (This is just me asking, not attacking.)


blazestcyr
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:31:20 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/19/2011
Posts: 737
Location: where bugs die
pssst they just are not that into you...read the book..learn the book...

gosh no offense i see hugecock69 and think is this guy FOR real..for a community of WRITERS this is all he came up with???and it's NOT his FIRST id???

it is about writing not sexting..eww..eww .eww

you still didnt get it after all the responses..after all everyone did to try and get u to see this is not just a wanking site..but a cerebral sexual site

the BRAIN is what turns people on...

since day one everybody corrected spelling..lmao that is what writers do...dont take it personally...they LOVE WORDS!!!

you truly do not get it..do you....
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:53:54 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,913
Location: California
Hugecock69 wrote:
Has anyone else noticed a change in the Lush culture? have been a member multiple times over the last few years and I see a serious change. This site used to be what it was, a sex site. Say what you like but what I enjoy most about this site is the chatting and cybering. The site seems to have taken on a new identity where people seem to have moved away from that. There are not as many women interested in that sort of thing and it now appears that half of the people who are members of this site are more interested in being "writers" than anything else. Yes I put that in quotations because as much as I enjoy the stories on this site I don't consider people who write stories on a sex site to be real writers. Has anyone else noticed this culture change and not been happy about it?


A few things come to mind after reading this.

1. I know you just need attention so you posted this to get a rise out of people. I understand this but I'm still going to wast some time.

2. Actually, I feel that cybering and the profiles play a bigger role on the site than ever.

3. You say there are not as many women interested in cybering with you right? Well guess what? They probably want to cyber with people that write the stories, dumb dumb.

4. It's always someone that has an inability to do something that is the biggest critic of said activity... Like a monday morning quarterback... Since you know the difference between real writing and fake writing, why don't you write something to show us what writing is all about. It will probably be a masterpiece and guess what? Maybe someone will want to cyber with you.

5. You do realize that some of the writers here write other places as well, right? Some may even make a living writing? Do you think some of the better writers on here just wake up with this incredible ability to keep someone entertained for 40 minutes with shit that comes out of their head? Lets see you try that trick.

6. No offense to the cyber junkies... But I would imagine that the need to cyber is directly correlated to the Lack of real sex in your life. Obviously you are frustrated and in need of a sexual release and now you can't even cyber. Sounds like your tongue is made of lead, not silver. Maybe try one of the lesser "writing" sites populated by more desperate sub-humans like yourself. You will probably have better luck.

I mean how many of you have seen an attractive, charismatic, put-together person walking around going. "Man, what I really need right now is to cyber somebody who may or may not even be the same gender they claim to be on the internet! I used to cyber all the time on this one website! Now I can't even get that." The thought of someone saying that makes me cringe when I think about what their existence must be like.



Kiki
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:03:02 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/20/2012
Posts: 368
Location: Where they still believe in Magic...
TheDevilsWeakness wrote:
Well you did post some pretty insulting things about the writers (Even the amateurs like me). People are going to take it personally.
You might want to rethink what you wrote before tossing more criticism out there.
This is not the way to make friends (You know... the ones you'd like to cyber with), but it is one way to get attention.

"I, for one, have seen a change in Lush culture. People are getting meaner.
Pointing out spelling mistakes in the forums (I find that extremely rude) or getting their back all up about something totally irrelevant that someone else has posted instead of taking the time to read between the lines or see it from their point of view instead of jumping down their throats and ganging up on them.
It's time to back away from the computer and get outside for some fresh air if you find something on Lush insulting and it makes you mad."


Couldn't agree more!!!


sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:23:35 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,662
Location: My Tower, United States
umm...

just a thought. if you want to cyber, and cybering is all about writing down words in chat boxes, wouldn't you prefer doing it with someone who knows how to write words in chat boxes? i'm not going to defend myself. i write. i enjoy it. people seem to enjoy it. i'm giving something positive to the community. if you don't want to read my silly little plot-less sex stories, i'm fine with that, no loss. if you don't think much of the site, fine, don't come back. no loss. if people want to hook up and cyber here, that's great. if they enjoy it, they should. if they enjoy chatting, or reading, or posting on the forums, they should. if they enjoy making friends, they should. this site is what you want it to be for you. most sites are like that. pick and choose what you get out of it. if you're here to cyber, then find people with the same interest and cyber with them - i am sure your time would be better spent by starting a thread 'please cyber with me, i'm really good at it'. but you choose to do it this way. that's your choice too. best of luck. :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:24:04 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,048
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Magical_felix wrote:


A few things come to mind after reading this.

1. I know you just need attention so you posted this to get a rise out of people. I understand this but I'm still going to wast some time.

2. Actually, I feel that cybering and the profiles play a bigger role on the site than ever.

3. You say there are not as many women interested in cybering with you right? Well guess what? They probably want to cyber with people that write the stories, dumb dumb.

4. It's always someone that has an inability to do something that is the biggest critic of said activity... Like a monday morning quarterback... Since you know the difference between real writing and fake writing, why don't you write something to show us what writing is all about. It will probably be a masterpiece and guess what? Maybe someone will want to cyber with you.

5. You do realize that some of the writers here write other places as well, right? Some may even make a living writing? Do you think some of the better writers on here just wake up with this incredible ability to keep someone entertained for 40 minutes with shit that comes out of their head? Lets see you try that trick.

6. No offense to the cyber junkies... But I would imagine that the need to cyber is directly correlated to the Lack of real sex in your life. Obviously you are frustrated and in need of a sexual release and now you can't even cyber. Sounds like your tongue is made of lead, not silver. Maybe try one of the lesser "writing" sites populated by more desperate sub-humans like yourself. You will probably have better luck.

I mean how many of you have seen an attractive, charismatic, put-together person walking around going. "Man, what I really need right now is to cyber somebody who may or may not even be the same gender they claim to be on the internet! I used to cyber all the time on this one website! Now I can't even get that." The thought of someone saying that makes me cringe when I think about what their existence must be like.


Absolutely correct! Also what DW wrote is just right...


Varrick
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:27:57 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 2/19/2013
Posts: 11
Location: United Kingdom
Well, I only signed up a few moments ago, and I did so for the writing.

I’ve been lurking around here for a while enjoying the stories that people are good enough to share, and since I’m an amateur scribe myself, I thought I’d join up so I could share some of my own offerings. I didn’t realise I needed to be a “real writer” to enjoy the experience of writing and to talk with like-minded people.

However, if you’re not getting any cyber action here, I guess there are plenty of other sites where you can flap your incredibly constructed wang before your webcam.
clum
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:41:20 AM

Rank: Clumeleon

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 4,641
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
sprite wrote:
i am sure your time would be better spent by starting a thread 'please cyber with me, i'm really good at it'.


Would it though?

Every day is a school day.
Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:51:11 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/7/2009
Posts: 12,683
Location: The Other Side Of The Mirror
Sex Stories? Cybering? I joined because I thought Lush Stories was about people who drink too much! Pint Drunk
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 9:55:27 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,662
Location: My Tower, United States
clum wrote:


Would it though?


won't know unless he tries, right? :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:11:39 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,932
Ok not sure where people got the idea that I have had multiple user names, I said I have been a member multiple times, I have always used this user name. If I'm a "sub-human" because I like to cyber what are all these amazing writers who come to this site because they need to express their desires they can't have with the real people in their lives? Same idea. I never claimed to be a writer, I'm not, but you're not God's gift to humanity bringing us deep insights into the human mind and condition while writing sex stories online either. You say you'd like to see me write a story? fair enough, I'd like to see you write a real story, a real novel that captures the reader not because there is going to be sex but because they've become attached to characters. I'm not saying there isn't anyone to cyber with, but there is less, I've seen other men complain about it. It used to be you go into a chatroom and there were equal men and women. Now you go into a chatroom there are 22 men, and 3 women. One of the women won't respond to anyone, one is only interested in women, and the third is only there to write her eloquent stories as the voice of a generation, and don't you dare say hi to her because you'll surly get I'M ONLY HERE TO WRITE, I DON'T WANT YOUR COCK!!!!!! Ok don't flatter yourself I was just gonna say I like your stories. I didn't do this for attention. I didn't even do it because I miss cybering. I did it because I miss the old Lush, I feel that half of the people are over-aggressive about their amazing writing and you can't even talk to them as friends anymore.
Coco
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:18:43 AM

Rank: Story Lover

Joined: 7/22/2011
Posts: 4,443
Location: Fantasy City, United States
Hugecock69 wrote:
Wow look at all these clever people pointing out that stories is in the name. My point was simply that the site is changing, with the new gold program. Just because it's a place to post erotic stories that doesn't mean it isn't a sex site once joined. Real writers to me have in depth complex plots that don't rely on sex to get views. Saying you're a writer because you post sex stories online is like saying you're an actress because you once made a sex tape. I enjoy the stories on here don't get me wrong, and some of the authors are good at what they do, writing about sex. What annoys me is the fact that some of you "writers" seem to be under the impression that posting on a sex site is the starting point to becoming the next Hemingway or Allende: hate to break it to you but that's not gonna happen. My point is simply this, this is a sex site, and it seems like people are trying to make it classy and move away from that. I know there are people who feel the same way as me, speak up, don't let all these future J.D Salingers and Pearl S. Bucks push you around.


You insulted many here without having written one story for the site. Which is the point of this site, stories. All other options, provided without cost, are perks for general membership. The gold membership has helped with the costs of running this site. (Yeah, it keeps that free cyber connecting you do free.) Do you know what it cost to run a site such as this?

Have you any idea of what many contributors of this site go through to write a story? To you (and yes, maybe others), Lush is a sex site, to others it may or may not become so because they've joined to share erotica in written form, to hone their skill set to become better writers. I'd like to see you write a story.

In addition, most authors here do not aim to be J.D. Salinger, Pearl Buck, or even Toni Morrison, they aim to be themselves. Have you not seen the success of erotica lately? You should do some research, it is a multi-million dollar industry, some here may want a piece of that pie and they may even achieve that goal. I for one, would love to see one or more of the authors here gain such notoriety in the industry.

By the way, I'm not attacking you, I'm stating facts that seem to have escaped your acknowledgement. Utilize the site as you wish, but please refrain from insulting writers on site. Cyber wank on...




Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:31:34 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,048
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Hugecock69 wrote:
Ok not sure where people got the idea that I have had multiple user names, I said I have been a member multiple times, I have always used this user name. If I'm a "sub-human" because I like to cyber what are all these amazing writers who come to this site because they need to express their desires they can't have with the real people in their lives? Same idea. I never claimed to be a writer, I'm not, but you're not God's gift to humanity bringing us deep insights into the human mind and condition while writing sex stories online either. You say you'd like to see me write a story? fair enough, I'd like to see you write a real story, a real novel that captures the reader not because there is going to be sex but because they've become attached to characters. I'm not saying there isn't anyone to cyber with, but there is less, I've seen other men complain about it. It used to be you go into a chatroom and there were equal men and women. Now you go into a chatroom there are 22 men, and 3 women. One of the women won't respond to anyone, one is only interested in women, and the third is only there to write her eloquent stories as the voice of a generation, and don't you dare say hi to her because you'll surly get I'M ONLY HERE TO WRITE, I DON'T WANT YOUR COCK!!!!!! Ok don't flatter yourself I was just gonna say I like your stories. I didn't do this for attention. I didn't even do it because I miss cybering. I did it because I miss the old Lush, I feel that half of the people are over-aggressive about their amazing writing and you can't even talk to them as friends anymore.


The point of Lush (as far as I know) is to write and or read sexy/erotic stories. If they didn't have the sex, then Lush would not be the place to post them. I know for a fact that many of the contributors on Lush DO write that sort of stuff you're talking about elsewhere, why we have a large number of well respected, published authors here and how cool is it that the rest of us get to submit our scribbles alongside them?

If you're looking for that sort of thing, perhaps you should surf on over to Stories Space and see some of the work submitted there?

Personally, had I not found Lush, I probably wouldn't write at all. I have no aspirations of becoming a "proper" writer but I do get lovely feedback, which is very encouraging. Do you know, it's a wonderful outlet and a way of expressing myself which I can't do in everyday life.

Plenty "proper" writers have written wonderful erotic works; Robert Burns, William Shakespeare, Anne Rice (under a pseudonym) to name just a few. And, if something I read here moves me, lifts my mood, makes my day, sticks in my memory, then to me, that IS proper writing.

As CocoKisses said, all of the other aspects of Lush are simply perks and quite honestly, I think to come onto the site, slagging it and its members off, is both bad form and downright rude.

I have met lots of wonderful people here and Lush is what you make of it and if you didn't come here to read or write then it's very unfair of you to slag off those of us who do.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:32:50 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,932
I don't consider professional writers of erotica writers either. Call it a site to write but it's writing porn so it's a sex site. I get the site needs money to run, but many gold members seem to think they are better or above other members of the site, they still belong to a sex site, that doesn't make you an amazing person.
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:36:36 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,662
Location: My Tower, United States
Hugecock69 wrote:
Ok not sure where people got the idea that I have had multiple user names, I said I have been a member multiple times, I have always used this user name. If I'm a "sub-human" because I like to cyber what are all these amazing writers who come to this site because they need to express their desires they can't have with the real people in their lives? Same idea. I never claimed to be a writer, I'm not, but you're not God's gift to humanity bringing us deep insights into the human mind and condition while writing sex stories online either. You say you'd like to see me write a story? fair enough, I'd like to see you write a real story, a real novel that captures the reader not because there is going to be sex but because they've become attached to characters. I'm not saying there isn't anyone to cyber with, but there is less, I've seen other men complain about it. It used to be you go into a chatroom and there were equal men and women. Now you go into a chatroom there are 22 men, and 3 women. One of the women won't respond to anyone, one is only interested in women, and the third is only there to write her eloquent stories as the voice of a generation, and don't you dare say hi to her because you'll surly get I'M ONLY HERE TO WRITE, I DON'T WANT YOUR COCK!!!!!! Ok don't flatter yourself I was just gonna say I like your stories. I didn't do this for attention. I didn't even do it because I miss cybering. I did it because I miss the old Lush, I feel that half of the people are over-aggressive about their amazing writing and you can't even talk to them as friends anymore.


*shrugs* i always talk to people if they have something interesting to say. not going to defend myself here simply because i have no need. i write for other sites, i writer short stories, i have a novel in the works, it's not erotic, i know that several of the better writers here write non-erotic fiction as well, or some write essays and are published. when i get approached by guys telling me 'i'm horny, want to see my cock'? yep, not really interested - sorry if that's your approach, but it's not a turn on to me - besides, i'm already taken. :)

so, if i can read between the lines, this is simply a rant about not being able to find people to cyber with. perhaps you're doing it wrong? and honestly, sorry that this isn't YOUR idea of what lush should be like, but seems to me that sites don't change by themselves, they tend to go in the direction that the majority of the active members wish them to go in - if Lush has changed, it's because the people who make up Lush were looking for something besides their daily cyber session.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:36:44 AM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
Hugecock69 wrote:
I don't consider professional writers of erotica writers either. Call it a site to write but it's writing porn so it's a sex site. I get the site needs money to run, but many gold members seem to think they are better or above other members of the site, they still belong to a sex site, that doesn't make you an amazing person.


Now you're just being argumentative. Is that what you want?

I'm sorry that you have less and less willing cyber sexy-talk partners these days. I won't theorize on why that is; you'll know better than me perhaps. Your theory is that the site has changed. I haven't noticed it myself, and I've been here 3 and a half years, but all of our experiences differ, granted.

What would you like others to say here, exactly? Or are you just complaining?
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:40:19 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,662
Location: My Tower, United States
Hugecock69 wrote:
I don't consider professional writers of erotica writers either. Call it a site to write but it's writing porn so it's a sex site. I get the site needs money to run, but many gold members seem to think they are better or above other members of the site, they still belong to a sex site, that doesn't make you an amazing person.


i was an amazing person before i joined Lush. being a member, gold or not, has nothing to do with it. :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:43:19 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,932
It is not a rant because I can't find people to cyber with, i'm not trying to be argumentative or complain. My point is simply that the site has changed, I know others agree with me. It seems to me that many of you gold members see yourselves as the cream of the crop and better than others on the site. I'm not saying lush needs to change because of my views on the subject, I'm simply saying that it has changed and I don't love it and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the change.
jacobport
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:43:43 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/14/2010
Posts: 501
Location: Liverpool, United States
Do you mean to tell me that lushstories is based around literature and writing?

"Sometimes you have to believe in someone else's belief in you before the belief in yourself kicks in" ~Les Brown
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:47:15 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,662
Location: My Tower, United States
Hugecock69 wrote:
It is not a rant because I can't find people to cyber with, i'm not trying to be argumentative or complain. My point is simply that the site has changed, I know others agree with me. It seems to me that many of you gold members see yourselves as the cream of the crop and better than others on the site. I'm not saying lush needs to change because of my views on the subject, I'm simply saying that it has changed and I don't love it and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the change.


this is true - personally, i ignore anyone without a little gold badge on their avatar - those people are beneath me - do they have any idea who i am? my title says it all! HER ROYAL SPRITENESS!. peasants. they should be honored that i even notice them, not that i ever do. there. better? :)

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:52:23 AM

Rank: Artistic Tart

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,827
Hugecock69 wrote:
It is not a rant because I can't find people to cyber with, i'm not trying to be argumentative or complain. My point is simply that the site has changed, I know others agree with me. It seems to me that many of you gold members see yourselves as the cream of the crop and better than others on the site. I'm not saying lush needs to change because of my views on the subject, I'm simply saying that it has changed and I don't love it and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the change.


I'm sorry to hear that. I hadn't picked up on a general attitude among gold members toward others. Personally, it doesn't occur to me who is and isn't in that group, especially since members often choose to hide the emblem on their avatars. You do seem to really have an axe to grind about the writing emphasis though, and that's a real shame, since that's essentially the origin and future of this site. That's not to say that we don't have or welcome legions of members who are here for the fellowship, and forums, and chatrooms, and other things not involved with stories at all, and apparently you're one of them. To the extent that you've found this place to be less than friendly, I'm sorry for that, but those who say that you get what you give to this site have spoken real truth.
Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:54:22 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,048
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Hugecock69 wrote:
I don't consider professional writers of erotica writers either. Call it a site to write but it's writing porn so it's a sex site. I get the site needs money to run, but many gold members seem to think they are better or above other members of the site, they still belong to a sex site, that doesn't make you an amazing person.


You know, I indulged you and commented, but it seems to me that you're just trying to cause bad feeling and arguments. I'm not interested in anything else that you have to say.

Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 10:54:55 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,932
Regarding the change that you have perceived, it is an individual choice as to how one may manage this change, you perceive it so, therefore you have to find a way to make the site work for you. Its as simple as that.

As for writers, I still maintain I write, therefore I am a writer. Now I may not be a good writer, but I am a writer.
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:00:17 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 4,913
Location: California
Hugecock69 wrote:
If I'm a "sub-human" because I like to cyber what are all these amazing writers who come to this site because they need to express their desires they can't have with the real people in their lives?


No I said you might have better luck with the sub-humans.

Hugecock69 wrote:
I never claimed to be a writer, I'm not, but you're not God's gift to humanity bringing us deep insights into the human mind and condition while writing sex stories online either.


And who is saying that they are? There are plenty of "real" writers that write pulp and make a living doing it. Or are they not real either? And you know what, maybe you should attempt to read stories by some of the better authors on here and not just 5 paragraph stroke stories by girls you want to cyber with. Ever think about that? of course not.

Hugecock69 wrote:
You say you'd like to see me write a story? fair enough, I'd like to see you write a real story, a real novel that captures the reader not because there is going to be sex but because they've become attached to characters.


Some of us have written real novels with characters and everything... You have to actually pony up for them though dumb dumb. And that's like me going. "Oh yeah? well I'd like to see you write a best selling novel! You can't so ha!"

Hugecock69 wrote:
I'm not saying there isn't anyone to cyber with, but there is less, I've seen other men complain about it. It used to be you go into a chatroom and there were equal men and women. Now you go into a chatroom there are 22 men, and 3 women One of the women won't respond to anyone, one is only interested in women, and the third is only there to write her eloquent stories as the voice of a generation, and don't you dare say hi to her because you'll surly get I'M ONLY HERE TO WRITE, I DON'T WANT YOUR COCK!!!!!! Ok don't flatter yourself I was just gonna say I like your stories.


You sound like the group of guys at a party standing in the corner hating on the party and saying it's lame because none of the girls want to talk to you. LOL

And see what I mean? You are only reading stories of girls you want to cyber with. That's like watching movies by directors you only want to sleep with. Good luck watching quality films. What a dumb shit you are.

Hugecock69 wrote:
I didn't do this for attention. I didn't even do it because I miss cybering. I did it because I miss the old Lush, I feel that half of the people are over-aggressive about their amazing writing and you can't even talk to them as friends anymore.


You are back peddling now.. And your talking to people as friends to try and get them to say dirty things to you maybe has just become painfully obvious to the more savvy as the site gets older.



Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:07:39 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,932
Well this has been interesting to say the least.

Might I suggest to the OP that he just go to any number of other forums/sited DEDICATED to simply "hooking up" in the real world or online? If all you want to do is cyber, I am sure there are places out there that cater to just that activity.

Coming here and insulting members certainly is not going to attract those that might have even given cybering a passing thought, or even those who really LIKE doing it. And yes, there are plenty of gals here that DO like to cyber. In fact I think I saw a couple threads dedicated to that topic in the Ask the Gals section. I think cybering is kind of like sex in general.... I don't think most women want to jump into bed with any guy that just starts trying to hump their leg and telling them how horny they are. So maybe you are approaching the whole cyber thing in the wrong way?

As for the whole "not truly a writer" crap.... there are all sorts of "writers" in all sorts of formats and genres. Heck, ever picked up a Reader's Digest? Plenty of "writers" there too. So if you don't like what you are reading, in whatever format, just go read something else.... no need to try to belittle the author or claim they are not "real writers".

Now on the issue of gold members vs us normal pee-ons.... LOL Frankly I have not seen any difference in treatment from them. Enough said on THAT. ;)

If your intent was to alienate yourself from the general membership.... you succeeded.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:13:29 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,932
Wow what great insights you have, your wisdom has totally made me want to restructure my life. Hey dumbass I read stories by all sorts of authors on this site, some of them not even girls I want to cyber with. I don't talk to the guys bitching about a lack of girls, but when 8 different guys are creating rooms looking for horny ladies because the only women are in the chatroom are either looking for women or not looking to chat, I'm able to put 2 and 2 together to get what they're feeling (please don't hurt yourself trying to figure out the math, 2 and 2 is an expression, it makes 4 if it was giving you a headache). And as a final point I had multiple friends on this site who I never cybered with, including men which I certainly had no interest in cybering with
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:20:43 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,932
Hugecock69 wrote:
Wow what great insights you have, your wisdom has totally made me want to restructure my life. Hey dumbass I read stories by all sorts of authors on this site, some of them not even girls I want to cyber with. I don't talk to the guys bitching about a lack of girls, but when 8 different guys are creating rooms looking for horny ladies because the only women are in the chatroom are either looking for women or not looking to chat, I'm able to put 2 and 2 together to get what they're feeling (please don't hurt yourself trying to figure out the math, 2 and 2 is an expression, it makes 4 if it was giving you a headache). And as a final point I had multiple friends on this site who I never cybered with, including men which I certainly had no interest in cybering with

Just so I understand correctly.... which dumbass are you speaking to this time? And you don't need to go to a chat room to get a gal to cyber with you. Heck the vast majority of members probably don't even GO to the chat rooms. blah5 blah5 blah5

thumbup
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:21:59 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 537,932
Not you, guy above you "Magical_Felix"
Poppet
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:23:37 AM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,259
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
Hugecock69 wrote:
Ok not sure where people got the idea that I have had multiple user names, I said I have been a member multiple times, I have always used this user name.

Not to nit pick, I truly am confused. You clearly delete, and re-make your account. Regardless of using the same name, I am wondering why delete it. Why not just step away from Lush? You don't need to sign on. This profile/account was just made yesterday. The dates, and views show that. Just wondering.

Hugecock69 wrote:
If I'm a "sub-human" because I like to cyber what are all these amazing writers who come to this site because they need to express their desires they can't have with the real people in their lives?

I know for a fact MOST of my writing is based on things I have done in my life, as do a lot of other writers. So, FALSE.. lol Nice try though. :)

Hugecock69 wrote:
I'd like to see you write a real story, a real novel that captures the reader not because there is going to be sex but because they've become attached to characters.

Did you not hear us? There ARE some who HAVE written REAL books, in the REAL world, not just about sex! :)

Hugecock69 wrote:
It used to be you go into a chatroom and there were equal men and women. Now you go into a chatroom there are 22 men, and 3 women.

I think you've been going into the Men's room, honey. All the rooms are pretty equal with men and women. Though women are tired of seeing men whisper, or simply ask for sex all the time. Though I have seen some women look just as sad as men looking for just sex. I think the chatrooms are for a large group of people to hang out, spend time have fun. Not a sex pool to pick from.

Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:24:02 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,596
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
Here's my take on this thread (for now):

sunny Everybody joins a site for different reasons. Some are similar reasons, but since we are all individuals, so the reasons and details vary. There are trends and certain groups of people/attitudes that increase or decrease at different times for different reasons.

For instance, there has been a rise of know-it-all, aggressive, insulting behaviour recently. But there is also a rise in sweet, quieter folk, or those secure enough in themselves not to bother responding to people who need to get out more.

The site is growing every single day. Therefore, trends and groups will change more dramatically, since they are more noticeable.

sunny Hardcock69, your attitude in this thread says to me that perhaps you are struggling to find people to cyber with because of your attitude and/or approach. I might be wrong, but that's what I see. Maybe you are right, and the stories upon which Lush is based have crossed over the boundaries into the forums more than they did at other times. Were you here in the very beginning? Perhaps the past Lush you speak of was never that shape in the beginning. I am more than willing to bet it wasn't.

sunny I like to string words together. I use them to explore my own feelings about sex. I do the same on another site to explore my feelings about an illness I have, and my self-esteem, and how others feel about themselves. Some of my sentence groups have sex stuff in them, and others don't. If I write about fairies, am I a writer? Or not, because they aren't real, and I haven't been paid for the story? If I write about depression and how it makes me feel, or try to explain it for those who don't have it, am I a writer, or just a wannabe doctor/psychiatrist?

sunny I write my sentences to explore things, or escape from the real world for a bit. And I share them, because a few people like to read them. Sometimes they cry, so they tell me. Sometimes they wank. Sometimes they feel anger, and sometimes they laugh. To affect another's emotions through my word sentences, and even their physical body, is usually unintentional from my point of view. But if somebody identifies with what I have shared, or feels challenged positively, or, best of all, they spent a few minutes feeling happier because of me, then what I shared becomes a joy to me.

sunny I don't care if you don't think I am a real writer, just because I am learning what turns of phrase can make a willy hard, or a vagina get all wet. To be honest, I feel very uncomfortable thinking about those things. But I am learning about other people, and they read my sentences, and many people send me messages about how reading my words has been a good experience for them. It isn't just about the sex stories, but how we view the world. or deal with how others treat us.

sunny I don't want to cyber with you, because, in all honesty, I find your postings to be mean and aggressive. You do actually scare me a little bit, as well as make me want to flip you the V. I find talking about personal sexual things very difficult, and it's none of your business why that is. I don't want to string words together for you, and only you, to tug your appendages over. I don't know you, and I don't like what I have seen. Maybe others feel that way too. Maybe you need to think about how you approach people. read a story, send the author a message. Try a different time of day. Surf profiles, send a kind message to somebody who put up their pictures. Try being nicer than you have appeared in this thread.

sunny I am happy helping other people who string words together do that more coherently, or giving them a giggle. I am happy learning about sex and sexuality through words, whether it is in the forums, or through the stories that I edit, reject, or verify. You come here for different reasons to me, and that's fine. But you don't need to be rude about it, because it makes you look like a big tosser (not in the fun way).

sunny My stories contain a range of things, all of which I am learning about by being here. Whether you think my sentences are erotic or not doesn't matter. A few other people think they are, and if they like them, and I continue to enjoy producing them, then I shall always be happier than you. I found a home in Lush, and even when I need to take a break from it (frequently), I am still aware of the value it has for me. The problem when it no longer meets my needs is not Lush, or the other people, really. It's my attitude and state of mind. I have a break, and then I return, refreshed and calm. Perhaps you could try this, whether you keep the same name or not. You can always deactivate your account for a bit.

sunny Whatever you choose to do, I think cyber sex might be off the cards for you here, at least for a little while.



EDIT: P.S. My Gold membership was gifted to me by a friend. Am I up myself because of that? dontknow


Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.