Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

breast rebuilds or tattoos after cancer, which would you perfer to see or have Options · View
Tranquil
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 11:32:28 AM

today on facebook i saw a beautiful picture of a woman whom oped to have a gorgeous tattoo of a woodland scene the size of a breast plate after loosing both breast's to cancer. face book has taken this photo down many times apparently as people find it offensive.
Now this tattoo was so beautiful and covered the area so well you would only need to wear a skirt in a black tie situation as it is a piece of art. but this brings me to question myself..would i reconstruct my breast or would i tattoo.

My mother had to have a breast removed several years ago. she had 7 children and was in her 70's..ex nurse and thought she would just get the breast removed and leave it at that as due to her age..but afterwards and even now in her 80's, she says she misses her boob, never thought she would but she does feel less a woman without it...you will be happy to hear Dad loves her to bits and yes they have an extremely healthy sex life (would put many of us to shame).lol

So in this long story here is my question

how would you feel if you are given the option to reconstruct or to tattoo? what would be your choice as a woman?

Men which would you feel emotional and physcially more attracted too?

[i]Poem : The Cyber Touch http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/the-cyber-touch.aspx
Poem : The Last Moments http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/the-last-moments.aspx
Story : One day only http://www.lushstories.com/stories/oral-sex/one-day-only.aspx
Poem: My Toy http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/my-toy.aspx#comments/i]

Sex is an emotion in motion (Mae West).
An Ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises (Mae West)
I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it. (Mae West)
nigelsnaughty
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 1:46:47 PM

Interesting topic, after recently having cancer myself and still slowly getting over the emotional side of it, if it had been my wife or partner i would prompt them to go for reconstruction, the emotional side of it all doesn't really hit you till after the treatment and it would be i feel a plus to be able to look at yourself and still feel sexy and importantly wanted.
elitfromnorth
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:28:56 PM

Considering I'm not a fan of large tattoos that cover that much of the body, then I'll definetely have to go for rebuilds. It would be more natural and also more attractive. To be honest, I'd prefer a flat chest with scars over a covering tattoo...

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:46:57 PM

I'm not sure. It would probably depend on my state of mind after going through something like that. At this stage in life, I'd probably go for reconstruction but if I was older, I might just leave it alone completely or maybe go for a tattoo if there was something compelling that I wanted to put on my body as a statement piece.

It surprises me that Facebook would take a pic like that down or that anyone would find it offensive. They allow body paint pics - I can't see how this would be any different.

cheeseball
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:08:51 PM

As a guy I would probably prefer my partner wait a bit to make a decision until after the emotional trauma of the diagnosis has been reduced somewhat. And then just support her decision.
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:51:15 PM

I've met a few cancer survivers and they say their scars are their badges of honour. They made it through and came out alive and are proud of that. It reminds them of how tough they had to be and helps them be that way in the future if they need to be. I guess a tatoo could do that just as well as a scar. I think it's all about a person's choice so regardless of what they choose to do afterwards, they should still be proud of the fact that they came out alive.

If it was me, I wouldn't get a tattoo though, a lot of doctors warn people who've had any type of cancer to self-monitor for other kinds, most commonly skin cancer. A tattoo can mask the first warning signs of a melanoma. I don't think I'd get reconstruction either, I'd keep my scars if I ever found myself in that situation, a friend of mine just had an augmentation and she's having scary complications now.
DLizze
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 3:57:31 PM

cheeseball wrote:
As a guy I would probably prefer my partner wait a bit to make a decision until after the emotional trauma of the diagnosis has been reduced somewhat. And then just support her decision.

^this^ times three! I would want my partner to do what made her feel best about herself. And I would support her every way I could think of. (including, if she wanted to put pics on FB and had them removed, posting a huge rant) In other words, I'd willingly fight for her.

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
JohnC
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 4:04:13 PM

I have seen those pictures too, and they were lovely. But I too would want the woman to wait and think things over before making any OTHER drastic changes. I think there is frankly far too many things to consider for what "I" thought be the deciding factor. She has to be comfortable with her choice after such a radical change in her body. I would, however, let her know that she was as much a woman after the loss of her breasts as she was before. Her breasts were not what "made" her a woman.

keoloke
Posted: Monday, February 18, 2013 8:19:17 PM

elitfromnorth wrote:
Considering I'm not a fan of large tattoos that cover that much of the body, then I'll definetely have to go for rebuilds. It would be more natural and also more attractive. To be honest, I'd prefer a flat chest with scars over a covering tattoo...

Elit I absolutely agree with you.

My heart goes to the woman that has to struggle with the decision of removal of her breast, so whatever goes through her mind on how to adjust that situation would be OK. I would just add that she would not rush into it.

It's painful to think that many women agree for a mastectomy (just to be sure) when some medical news suggest that it may not make any difference for many.

Practice Happiness, it is a choice

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is not much needed.
SITTING
Posted: Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:43:10 AM

trinket
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:53:00 AM

I know 3 women who had to have a whole breast removed due to breast cancer. All three had reconstruction either at a later date or immediately after the removal of the breast (in the same operation). They all told me it was a matter of not feeling like a whole woman without their breast. It was more of an emotional feeling rather than a cosmetic issue.

Myself? If I found out I had breast cancer, Due to the fact there is a familial history I 'think' I would choose to have both breasts removed and reconstruction at the same time. You can even have tattoos on the reconstructed nipples. Sounds radical I know, but I think I would rather only go through it once. Sounds good in theory, but I don't think any woman can say what she would do unless she were actually in that position.

Tranquil
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 8:26:54 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

It surprises me that Facebook would take a pic like that down or that anyone would find it offensive. They allow body paint pics - I can't see how this would be any different.

its in facebooks T&C no Nudity...They explained why they did and two weeks ago have allowed it to stay up...i can understand it by those rules but i think the reason the pic was taken and what it doesn't show should have been reason enough to leave it up.

[i]Poem : The Cyber Touch http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/the-cyber-touch.aspx
Poem : The Last Moments http://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/the-last-moments.aspx
Story : One day only http://www.lushstories.com/stories/oral-sex/one-day-only.aspx
Poem: My Toy http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/my-toy.aspx#comments/i]

Sex is an emotion in motion (Mae West).
An Ounce of performance is worth pounds of promises (Mae West)
I wrote the story myself. It's about a girl who lost her reputation and never missed it. (Mae West)
Michael
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 5:02:27 AM

trinket wrote:
I know 3 women who had to have a whole breast removed due to breast cancer. All three had reconstruction either at a later date or immediately after the removal of the breast (in the same operation). They all told me it was a matter of not feeling like a whole woman without their breast. It was more of an emotional feeling rather than a cosmetic issue.

Myself? If I found out I had breast cancer, Due to the fact there is a familial history I 'think' I would choose to have both breasts removed and reconstruction at the same time. You can even have tattoos on the reconstructed nipples. Sounds radical I know, but I think I would rather only go through it once. Sounds good in theory, but I don't think any woman can say what she would do unless she were actually in that position.

Trinket,
As a man, I agree with you. Having reconstruction done at the same times prevents a second round of surgery, and I believe allows a woman to feel that she still looks like a woman as she walks out of the hospital. Having cancer is traumatic enough already, thus being required to have mastectomy completed with little time to consider reconstruction aspects is nearly overwhelming. I think few men could find the strength to go thru a similar situation.

Additionally, I would prefer for my mate to have reconstruction, not only for me to feel the same curves as before... but more importantly, that she might feel more comfortable with me.

BelleduJour
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:21:45 PM

Great topic! I work for a national cancer charity where I come into contact everyday with men and women who are either just newly diagnosed, in the trenches fighting the good fight, fought and beat cancer for good or who have (sadly) lost their battle in the end. Cancer is a very personal issue for me which is why I LOVE what I do for a living. I have cancer on both sides of my family and have watched loved ones handle it well while others not so much. Because of my family history, in particular with breast cancer, I've had a couple of scares and am now monitored by my doctor regularly and go for mammograms every 6 months to ensure there are no changes to whatever they see as suspicious. So...to say that I've thought about this question more often than not would be an understatement.

I would like to think I'd be that woman who'd embrace her scars and be proud of whatever battle wounds I get and just BE but honestly, I LOVE my breasts Embarassed They are a big part of my identity for better or worse and I'm not sure I'd know how to exist without them. I'm not saying I couldn't or wouldn't be able to learn but I sincerely feel it would be an added 'trauma' for me. Although the decision to have breast reconstruction lies with me and me alone, I feel very strongly that something like that should be discussed with my partner, to get his feelings on it before I'd make my final decision. I think whatever decision is made regarding breast surgery, it would affect our relationship if only how it would affect my self-esteem and feeling sexy and desirable again if I chose NOT to have any reconstruction. I've heard this time and time again.

Hopefully, I'll never have to be forced to make such a decision.

Mysteria27
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 5:37:31 AM

I think if I had cancer I would definitely want the reconstruction of my breasts. Because I would want to have somewhat similar feelings of how my body once looked.

Just would have to re-adjust to my new body but be thankful that I am still alive. The new breasts would make me feel happy.