Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Political party hypocrisy Options · View
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:15:47 PM

Buc wrote:
So you agree (with Prez Barry) the reason the prices in the USA are history making high now (higher then ever at this time of the year) is because the US Economy is into the new Great Recovery?

The reason the gas prices are historically high now is because gas prices have steadily risen over the last forty years, with price relief occurring only during recession times, as shown below:

I await your next brilliant point; or, your next recycled stat or quote on the same four things you keep harping on. Either way.
Buz
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 8:27:45 PM

Political parties are a great facade. President Obama won votes with his Hope and Change campaign but what we got is the 'same ole same ole.' Wall Street and the largest corporations have thrived under his administration even better than under Bush. Its as if they've picked up momentum. The rich are getting even richer, meanwhile the middle class has shrunk even much more. Neither party Democrat or Republican has the best interest of average people at heart. They just want your votes so they can continue to hold on to their power, money and protect the interest of the corporations that financed their campaign.

Did you ever wonder why Citibank supplied Obama's transition team when he first won election? Why has the war continued as long as it has? Enormous Profits.

Bush signed into legislation some of the largest expansions of entitlements in US political history. So much that even an avowed liberal might have second thoughts.

Bush and Obama = no real difference.

Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:08:44 AM

Really, so no-blame0bama gets yet another pass on gas.

Amazing
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:17:53 AM

Seems then no need to ask why Obama and Polosi were so unaware of this normal steady rise in gasoline prices and how both made it a campaign issue in 2008. They both had plans to lower the price , hell, obama even used the stratigic oil reserve to lower the price.
vampiric_demigod
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:02:03 AM

This is my first post and I'm not from America but I think the less govt. philosophy of Ron Paul made a lot of sense. The govt. should not give the impression that they can control things like oil prices or unemployment. It should wind down its functions and leave people to fend for themselves more or less.

The govt. has two tools which it uses to ease these problems:subsidies and deficit spending. Both are in essence kicking the can down the road and hoping things will get better. Problem is that neither the president not washington is going to pay the credit card bill for their crazy night out, it'll be the citizens. That is something which pisses me off.
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:56:18 AM

vampiric_demigod wrote:
This is my first post and I'm not from America but I think the less govt. philosophy of Ron Paul made a lot of sense. The govt. should not give the impression that they can control things like oil prices or unemployment. It should wind down its functions and leave people to fend for themselves more or less.

The govt. has two tools which it uses to ease these problems:subsidies and deficit spending. Both are in essence kicking the can down the road and hoping things will get better. Problem is that neither the president not washington is going to pay the credit card bill for their crazy night out, it'll be the citizens. That is something which pisses me off.

I am not holding any party harmless here.

I do think that in 2008 when the current president called Bush unpatriotic for adding 4 trillion in debt and later when Nancy Polosi said she had a plan with Obama to lower fuel costs that it was irresponsible.

All I want is for the US Federal Government is to stay out of the way, provide for the National Defense of the nation. Return to less government
sprite
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:12:43 PM

Buc wrote:
Really, so no-blame0bama gets yet another pass on gas.

Amazing

actually, i'm pretty sure Mr Obama passes gas just like anybody else. :)

fart

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:40:55 PM

LOL, like Gov Perry farting on Gov Moonbeam of CA.

Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 2:47:00 PM

Obama is attempting to post birth abort his baby that looks like his son "Sequester".
Monocle
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:01:57 PM

Buc you're simply vile. You've got nothing but bullshit and slime, over and over again.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:11:29 PM

Buc wrote:
LOL, like Gov Perry farting on Gov Moonbeam of CA.

i think you're referring to Jerry Brown who just managed to get CA's budget under control for the first time in a decade? that Gov Moonbeam? Cause Rick Perry is such a model for down to earth sensible politics, right? Let's just pray our issues away, people!

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:35:20 PM

Buc wrote:
Obama is attempting to post birth abort his baby that looks like his son "Sequester".

What does this even mean?

(note: I'd prefer if you answered this with a Nancy Pelosi quote from six years ago on the price of gasoline. thanks in advance.)
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:47:21 PM

Micromanagement is not my forte.

Now metaphors and simile? Um, um, good.

"If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.

I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away."

Oh Lee, you cad.
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 11:28:10 AM

LadyX wrote:

What does this even mean?

(note: I'd prefer if you answered this with a Nancy Pelosi quote from six years ago on the price of gasoline. thanks in advance.)

He thought up the idea of "sequester" and now he is against his own idea.

Dani
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 11:45:57 AM

Buc wrote:

He thought up the idea of "sequester" and now he is against his own idea.

Dude...step away from the computer...for like ever.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...

Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:59:00 AM

Senator Max Baucus (D., Mont.) admitted to the local CBS station in Billings, Mont., that President Obama bears responsibility for the sequester: “The president’s part of the sequester. The White House recommended it, frankly, back in August 2011. And so now we’re feeling the effects of it."

Ok, Baucus, a Democrat is wrong.

Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 11:52:18 AM

Feb. 23, 2009 at an event called the "Fiscal Responsibility Summit."

Here’s what he said:

"And that's why today I'm pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office. This will not be easy. It will require us to make difficult decisions and face challenges we've long neglected. But I refuse to leave our children with a debt that they cannot repay -- and that means taking responsibility right now, in this administration, for getting our spending under control."

The president repeated the pledge the following day during a joint session of Congress: "And yesterday, I held a fiscal summit where I pledged to cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term in office."
Monocle
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 5:54:25 PM

And then the republicans in congress obstructed every single initiative that would have fulfilled that pledge. Jesus but you're full of shit, Buc.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:19:36 PM

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 1:00:38 PM

slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:

Dude...step away from the computer...for like ever.

Mr Woodward reported that the idea of Sequester was Obama's.

sprite
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 7:00:40 PM

Buc wrote:

Mr Woodward reported that the idea of Sequester was Obama's.

Yeah, but Mr Woodward's credibility is a little suspect lately...

[youtube width=512 height=288]http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:424291[/youtube]

ArtMan
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 7:13:07 PM

It's all a facade. The politicians just orate propaganda. They are counting on your gullibility and the American voter may be more gullible than ever.

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

cheeseball
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:58:38 AM

Ah, yes, Mr. Woodward....The Lion of the Media. The guy that brought down Nixon. It's a different story now that he had the nerve to differ with the God King Obama. All the media types in Washington throw Mr. Woodward under the bus. Now Mr. Woodward is to be marginalized and minimized. How dare he question our Lord and Savior?
Jack_42
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 6:31:09 AM

Plenty of hypocrisy within politics a lot of politicians say they are Christians go to church but have wars (which in my opinion is contrary to everything Christ stood for - not that I believe in God) we are to blame though they tried war criminals from world war 2 but those still to be found weapons of mass destruction have not led to any prosecutions of those 2 war criminals Blair and Bush everyone just shrugged so we get what we deserve. As for a global crisis to me we the population of the world work, buy stuff, eat etc yet every now and then some financial problem rears its ugly head and we have to suffer I feel such things are contrived by those doing the sums - they change the way they add things up and all of a sudden we're worse off and then open to accept extreme right wing policies - we allow such things as all the hypocrisy about Iraq pretending it's for the good of the local population when really it's in the interests of our filling stations we wave the flag of loyalty to country to cement our self interest and feel virtuous in our selfishness yes the hypocrisy is never ending and self perpetuating.
Monocle
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:21:58 PM

cheeseball wrote:
Ah, yes, Mr. Woodward....The Lion of the Media. The guy that brought down Nixon. It's a different story now that he had the nerve to differ with the God King Obama. All the media types in Washington throw Mr. Woodward under the bus. Now Mr. Woodward is to be marginalized and minimized. How dare he question our Lord and Savior?

Grow up. The only people using that 'Lord and Savior' bullshit terminology are wingnuts making strawman opponents out of thin air. The e-mail Woodward was referring to as 'threatening' has been published and shown his claim is obvious crap.
LadyX
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 5:06:18 PM

cheeseball wrote:

Why do you worship a politician?
cheeseball
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:03:51 PM

I assure you I don't worship any politician. I was being sarcastic.

Most politicians are only worried about whether or not they will be reelected. They put party above the people. I wish we had term limits on the Senate and the House. It works for the Presidency, why not the legislative branch?

By the way, Woodward's access to the White House was being threatened, not his physical well being. Just a day after Woodwards dust up, another well known right wing "wingnut" Lanny Davis (from the Clinton Administration) said that the Obama White House had threatened him with the same after a column he wrote that they didn't like. You just gotta love the Chicago Way of politics. I live in Chicago and we are used these tactics around here, now it has been exported to Washington.
Monocle
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:38:26 PM

cheeseball wrote:
By the way, Woodward's access to the White House was being threatened, not his physical well being. Just a day after Woodwards dust up, another well known right wing "wingnut" Lanny Davis (from the Clinton Administration) said that the Obama White House had threatened him with the same after a column he wrote that they didn't like. You just gotta love the Chicago Way of politics. I live in Chicago and we are used these tactics around here, now it has been exported to Washington.

Bull. There was no threat in the e-mail. Read it yourself. Woodward made the whole thing up.