Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Just take away the guns, do it now Options · View
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:24:11 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

Can you explain how someone can kill 20 people in 10 minutes with a knife? Since this is why the gun debates about banning assault rifles started.

If he's skilled and plans properly i'm sure it's quite possible.
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:27:53 PM

lafayettemister wrote:
I still say that banning guns or some types of guns or high capacity clips/magazines is just treating the symptoms of the problem. People, especially younger people, are becoming less and less able to socialize and interact with life as a whole. Is it the internet and ease of fulfulling almost all of our needs remotely? We can buy books, music, food, clothes, fulfill our sexual desires.. everything from the internet without really learning how to deal with people.

I do think the media and tv/movies are mostly to blame. Some people will say that none of that matters, I disagree. On one hand we have "experts" saying that television violence doesn't have any affect on the psyches of viewers. On the other hand we have banned/discouraged television show and most movies from even showing anyone smoking cigarettes, because it encourages teens to smoke. Well, which is it? Do images on tv/movies lead us to copy that behavior or not? I think they do. Companies spend billions of dollars every year advertising their products on tv, getting product placement in shows. Why? Because people are cattle and anything they see on television becomes real and acceptable. If seeing something on tv didn't affect the habits of viewers then no one would spend $1million+ for a 30 second ad during the Super Bowl.

We hear all the time that Hollywood is giving teenage girls an impossible image to live up to. Actresses and models are way to skinny and the typical American girl can't maintain the same bodies. Again, tv and movies portrayal of things influences people. Except for when it comes to violence. In the case of violence, the more the better.

In days past, law enforcement and media would often filter or downplay violence on tv and in newspapers for fear of copycat crimes. No such responsible thinking exists in today's media. It's all about ratings and nothing to do with informing the public.
Not to mention younger people are indulging in funky rave type designer drugs such as ecstasy, then there's synthetic pot , huffing chemical vapors. Seriously, think about it Nutbag
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:32:18 PM

lovewhenuswallow wrote:
Not to mention younger people are indulging in funky rave type designer drugs such as ecstasy, synthetic pot for examples .

not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread, quite honestly... trust me, ecstasy does NOT make you want to go out and shoot people. Regaeman Man

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:34:52 PM

sprite wrote:

not sure what that has to do with anything in this thread, quite honestly... trust me, ecstasy does NOT make you want to go out and shoot people. Regaeman Man
Synthetic weed? huffing paint? Brain damage from ectasy? Thats not possible?

I've known of a situation where 2 guys and a girl murdered 1 guy and wounded his girlfriend with a gun, over a 400$ heroin debt. The ages of these kids ranged from 19 to 24 years of age.

sprite
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:01:27 AM

lovewhenuswallow wrote:

I've known of a situation where 2 guys and a girl murdered 1 guy and wounded his girlfriend with a gun, over a 400$ heroin debt. The ages of these kids ranged from 19 to 24 years of age.

the two examples you used were pot and ecstasy. i was replying to those choice of drugs in particular. brain damage from drinking too much is also a reality. Or from getting shot in the head.

other things that people get shot over...

cigarettes:

BEAVER FALLS, Pa. - A western Pennsylvania mother was shot and killed after she told three teens to "get a job" when she saw them trying to bum a cigarette off her boyfriend, police say.

loud music:

A Florida man asked a group of teens at a gas station to turn down the loud music blaring from their car and, after an exchange of words, opened fire on the vehicle, killing a 17-year-old boy, authorities said.

sneakers:

On December 21, Wood and a friend were sitting in his parked car outside of a residence after going to a Houston mall and buying the $185 Nike Air Jordan XI Bred shoes. An armed man approached the vehicle on the passenger side and demanded Wood and his friend hand over the shoes. Wood's friend, who was the driver of the vehicle, ran away from the car and left Wood in the passenger seat.

Shots were fired at the friend, who has not been identified, but the assailant missed. That was when the gunman turned to Wood.

According to police, the gunman shot at Woods who had tried to get behind the wheel of the car to escape. Wood did manage to drive away but was wounded and instead wound up crashing between two houses and striking a gas line. He died.

don't blame the drugs. Regaeman Man

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
niceguy89
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:07:49 AM

sprite wrote:

the two examples you used were pot and ecstasy. i was replying to those choice of drugs in particular. brain damage from drinking too much is also a reality. Or from getting shot in the head.

other things that people get shot over...

cigarettes:

BEAVER FALLS, Pa. - A western Pennsylvania mother was shot and killed after she told three teens to "get a job" when she saw them trying to bum a cigarette off her boyfriend, police say.

loud music:

A Florida man asked a group of teens at a gas station to turn down the loud music blaring from their car and, after an exchange of words, opened fire on the vehicle, killing a 17-year-old boy, authorities said.

sneakers:

On December 21, Wood and a friend were sitting in his parked car outside of a residence after going to a Houston mall and buying the $185 Nike Air Jordan XI Bred shoes. An armed man approached the vehicle on the passenger side and demanded Wood and his friend hand over the shoes. Wood's friend, who was the driver of the vehicle, ran away from the car and left Wood in the passenger seat.

Shots were fired at the friend, who has not been identified, but the assailant missed. That was when the gunman turned to Wood.

According to police, the gunman shot at Woods who had tried to get behind the wheel of the car to escape. Wood did manage to drive away but was wounded and instead wound up crashing between two houses and striking a gas line. He died.

don't blame the drugs. Regaeman Man

Also don't blame the guns. The people are the ones fucking up. Guns do what they where made to do. People are the ones using guns over some stupid shit. In illegal ways. Would the world be better if there where no guns? Hell naw, people would have kept using swords and bows.
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:16:23 AM

lovewhenuswallow wrote:

I'll bet you that same $400 that they weren't using K2 or X, or huffing paint for that matter. It seems you're throwing things out there without really knowing what you're talking about. (all "drugs" = violent psychotic side effects? reefer madness!) Otherwise, you would not have listed those particular drugs as your examples. Their effects just don't match up with "senseless, murderous violence." Hey, now you know.

Is it possible that synthetic weed could make somebody morph into Charles Manson temporarily? Is it possible to kill twenty people in one spree with a knife? Is it possible that the earth will stop spinning this afternoon? Sure, I suppose; anything is possible, but none are at all likely, from either a logistical or a common sense standpoint.
LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:34:40 AM

Quote:
So, As you can see, not everybody dies evry time theres a shooting. But, it probably only took jack 5 minutes to get that gun and he was probably way ahead of me in the armements department as well.

If you would have been there with your hand cannon, would you have returned fire LadyX? or would you have with ran with the rest of us?

LOL yes, your made up scenario skillfully proves what's already plainly obvious.

So you're asking if I'd seek out a public gunfight? Uhm...no, I doubt I would. On the other hand, I guess it's possible, much like its possible for you to kill me with a hammer, or meet Ghaddafi through street gang connections. evil4

Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:59:34 PM

LadyX wrote:

I'll bet you that same $400 that they weren't using K2 or X, or huffing paint for that matter. It seems you're throwing things out there without really knowing what you're talking about. (all "drugs" = violent psychotic side effects? reefer madness!) Otherwise, you would not have listed those particular drugs as your examples. Their effects just don't match up with "senseless, murderous violence." Hey, now you know.

Is it possible that synthetic weed could make somebody morph into Charles Manson temporarily? Is it possible to kill twenty people in one spree with a knife? Is it possible that the earth will stop spinning this afternoon? Sure, I suppose; anything is possible, but none are at all likely, from either a logistical or a common sense standpoint.
I'll bet you that $400.00 they were on somethin. Any medical professional will tell you that drugs poison the mind, whether or not you care to agree or not is irrelevant. Drugs cause some people do things that they wouldn't normally do if they had not done an abundance of drugs. Pretty sure that there's plenty of evidence to support this theory, both physical and psychological. Drugs + underlying mental disorder? Might make someone a very dangerous person? Yes? no? maybe so?

So, lets take guns out of the hands of normal people concerned with protecting themselves against whacked out people.

sprite
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:03:18 PM

lovewhenuswallow wrote:
I'll bet you that $400.00 they were on somethin. Any medical professional will tell you that drugs poison the mind, whether or not you care to agree or not is irrelevant. Drugs cause some people do things that they wouldn't normally do if they had not done an abundance of drugs. Pretty sure that there's plenty of evidence to support this theory, both physical and psychological.

So, lets take guns out of the hands of normal people concerned with protecting themselves against whacked out people.

as long as you agree to include alcohol as a drug under this scenario, i'm willing to capitulate. lets keep guns out of the hands of drug users and drinkers. honestly, i'm usually more concerned with drunk people deciding to shoot things cause it's fun than druggies going psychotic and killing people. maybe that's just me. :)

sprite
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:04:41 PM

niceguy89 wrote:

Also don't blame the guns. The people are the ones fucking up. Guns do what they where made to do. People are the ones using guns over some stupid shit. In illegal ways. Would the world be better if there where no guns? Hell naw, people would have kept using swords and bows.

i was wondering if anyone would actually catch that - you get a gold star! see what i did there? just using the logic of most of the gun supporters here against them. seems only fair. :)

LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:07:05 PM

lovewhenuswallow wrote:
I'll bet you that $400.00 they were on somethin. Any medical professional will tell you that drugs poison the mind, whether or not you care to agree or not is irrelevant. Drugs cause some people do things that they wouldn't normally do if they had not done an abundance of drugs. Pretty sure that there's plenty of evidence to support this theory, both physical and psychological.

I'm sure this is true; just not of the drugs you mentioned.

Uppers of many kinds, and alcohol, namely. You just don't know a lot about drugs if you're throwing out K2 and GHB as culprits of insane-making. If I'm on X, I won't want to kill you so much as cuddle for hours. I recommend it, actually.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:07:54 PM

sprite wrote:

as long as you agree to include alcohol as a drug under this scenario, i'm willing to capitulate. lets keep guns out of the hands of drug users and drinkers. honestly, i'm usually more concerned with drunk people deciding to shoot things cause it's fun than druggies going psychotic and killing people. maybe that's just me. :)
LOL, Agreed.

sprite
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:27:03 PM

LadyX wrote:

Uppers of many kinds, and alcohol, namely. You just don't know a lot about drugs if you're throwing out K2 and GHB as culprits of insane-making. If I'm on X, I won't want to kill you so much as cuddle for hours. I recommend it, actually.

GHB leads to kissing and telling everyone they're pretty and trying to touch their hair, not shooting people. *nods*

Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:36:08 PM

LadyX wrote:

Well there are plenty of people who can handle a little recreational drug usage and not go out and kill people . Drug abusers on the other hand, are another monster.
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:37:52 PM

sprite wrote:

GHB leads to kissing and telling everyone they're pretty and trying to touch their hair, not shooting people. *nods*
I'm not trying to seize your stash, sprite.

Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:53:08 PM

LadyX wrote:

Sorry, let me change that to "drugs" in general and alcohol, can't forget alcohol. cause if it weren't for alcohol there probably wouldn't be as many automobile related deaths and i promised to include alcohol in the equation.

Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:03:56 PM

I'm sure everyone has heard what our superior brain thrust of a Vice President told his wife what to do if she was at home alone during a home take over. Go outside raise your double barrel 12 gauge shotgun, fire both shots into the air and all will be well.

I admit I am not as smart as the Vice President. For example I only know of 50 states in the Union not the 57 he says. And I think that madmen rulers like N.K. and Iran with an atom bomb are a danger to the world. But what do I know?

Any way I realize the Vice President knows nothing of the law. He has proven that several times. In every state (50 or 57) it is against the law to fire a gun outside as he wants his wife to do. This of course gives the pot heads and mush heads gangters who fire off guns on New Years a good excuse if someone complains. I was chasing off home invaders. Second he knows nothing about shot guns. A double barrel has TWO shots. To reload you must crack open the gun and then remove the shells by hand and then reload and cock. For a woman who is being attacked having fired off her ammo in the air OUTSIDE makes it a little hard to protect herself. And how do you know the home invaders are only going to knock on the front door and ask permission to come in and how do you know that there is only one and not several? If you are trying to keep people out of your home why would you open a window or door to make it easier for them to come in? But then I don't have the little grey matter that floats around in the V.P.'s head.

As V.P. of course he is not required to follow the law of gravity. But for the rest of us humans if you shoot something up in the air it has to come down somewhere. And a falling bullet can kill. (And as additional post for stupid gun handling, the President had a fake photo of him shooting skeet. If you have ever shot skeet you know you fire up into the air at a target not straight forward. And if a gun is leaking smoke out of the barrel on the side the way the picture shows then the gun is not save to use.

I know Obama and Bozo would never lie or do anything stupid. But it makes you wonder. They say they want to make things safer, but they don't go after the gangs like the ones who control Chicago and the gun manufactures who allow their weapons to be sold (well Obama's people did sell guns to drug dealers and slave traders from Mexico so I guess I better not complain).
foxjack
Posted: Friday, March 01, 2013 10:51:26 AM

Well if Drugs != violence, and Guns != violence, that just means the people are at fault. Logically we need to find a way to “fix” the people, not remove the tools that get them in these situations. The passivity of being stabbed, beaten, poisoned, or otherwise rather than being shot doesn’t make me feel any safer.
Monocle
Posted: Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:17:19 PM

ScottFord wrote:
I admit I am not as smart as the Vice President.

Your entire post makes that a woeful understatement.
Magical_felix
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:24:52 PM

Monocle wrote:

Dude.. Don't clown on Stevie Wonder like that. Guy is a legend.

Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 10:03:58 PM

Monocle wrote:

Ah come on. No one in the world is as stupid as bozo the VP. And what did I say that was wrong? LOL
niceguy89
Posted: Sunday, March 03, 2013 11:22:45 PM

ScottFord wrote:

Ah come on. No one in the world is as stupid as bozo the VP. And what did I say that was wrong? LOL

You didn't say anything wrong. I watched the clip of the VP. He tells people that all you need is a shotgun to scare off the bad guys. That shotguns are better than rifles. That rifles are harder to shoot. That the mere sound of a gunshot is enough to protect ones home. Dumbass!

If you don't like guns don't fucking buy one. If you know nothing about them take a gawed-damn class. If you think loud noise is enough go get an airhorn. Now I am not saying loud noise doesn't work. My grandparents use alarms set off by noise. It has kept them safe for the last twenty years. They don't need guns. They don't like guns. That is their choice.
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 4:47:36 PM

niceguy89 wrote:

You didn't say anything wrong. I watched the clip of the VP. He tells people that all you need is a shotgun to scare off the bad guys. That shotguns are better than rifles. That rifles are harder to shoot. That the mere sound of a gunshot is enough to protect ones home. Dumbass!

If you don't like guns don't fucking buy one. If you know nothing about them take a gawed-damn class. If you think loud noise is enough go get an airhorn. Now I am not saying loud noise doesn't work. My grandparents use alarms set off by noise. It has kept them safe for the last twenty years. They don't need guns. They don't like guns. That is their choice.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 12:29:04 PM

If guns ever become banned, we miss out on stories like these - in the future.

Do not ban guns!

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
CleverFox
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:28:21 PM

ScottFord wrote:

I don't think you said anything wrong but George W. Bush is a much larger dumbass than Biden.

Now about the woman with a gun hidden up her cooch, it said that the gun was loaded with 3 bullets and one spent shell. I can't help but wonder if the bullet from the spent shell got lost inside of her most private lady parts. You have to admit that a lead slug would make one hell of an IUD.
ByronLord
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 9:39:31 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:

Do not ban guns!

Oh I assure you it won't.

One of the reasons to cuff a woman behind her back is this particular trick. She is not the first to try it.

Still kind of risky if she happens to be in a police car and it goes over a bump and happens to be leaning forwards at the time.

foxjack
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:45:04 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:

Do not ban guns!

I wonder if sex is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway after someone goes around doing this ;p
Kitanica
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:32:32 PM

Magical_felix wrote:

Dude.. Don't clown on Stevie Wonder like that. Guy is a legend.

The thought of Scott owning a gun is more terrifying than any gangbangerz
BlueBruce
Posted: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 12:48:57 PM

ByronLord wrote:
Yet another mass killing sponsored by your local NRA.

Guns kill more people in the US than cars do and they are much less used.

If they outlaw and restrict guns that would prabably cut down on mass shootings, seeing as most guns in mass shootings were leagaly procured. This would also eliminate gun violence from almost all crime, ecxept orginized crime. Criminals dont follow laws. If, for example, criminals folowed gun ownership laws, they could be tracked down or in many cases never would have obtained a firearm in the first place.
The reason i have a gun is the same reason for why i have a stereo; its fun. I shoot targets all the time and I know how to handle guns. I guess you could say people don't need guns; and that is true for now but what if there came a time when you did need one?