Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Randomly deleted friends? Options · View
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:47:48 AM

In the last week I've had two friends who've been deleted from my friends list. None of us performed the deletions, so it's happening on it's own. Just thought you'd like to know.

Thanks

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
crazydiamond
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 12:48:16 PM

lafayettemister wrote:
In the last week I've had two friends who've been deleted from my friends list. None of us performed the deletions, so it's happening on it's own. Just thought you'd like to know.

Thanks

Yeah!!! And it was me, and that's important! kekekegay

Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 12:51:38 PM

Have either of them changed their user names? That can do it sometimes.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
crazydiamond
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 1:21:32 PM

Shylass wrote:

I never!!!

nicola
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 3:15:30 PM

lafayettemister wrote:

Thanks

Maybe they didn't want you to know...

Please send this to Gav (Help >> Contact Us), with the names of the 2 people. If there is a problem with the site, it would be good to get to the bottom of it. There are no issues with the friend management system that we're aware of.
lafayettemister
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 4:03:19 PM

nicola wrote:

Maybe they didn't want you to know...

Please send this to Gav (Help >> Contact Us), with the names of the 2 people. If there is a problem with the site, it would be good to get to the bottom of it. There are no issues with the friend management system that we're aware of.

That would certainly be possible.

However, both of the people that it happened to PM'd me to ask if/why I deleted them as friends. I was unaware they'd been deleted until they asked why. They didn't delete me, and I didn't delete them. I'll send the info over to Gav.

Nikki703
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 4:08:59 PM

I have had friends show up on my soft block list that I didnt put there. I didnt even know there was one until I saw them there.
Callisto
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 6:02:20 PM

lafayettemister wrote:

That would certainly be possible.

However, both of the people that it happened to PM'd me to ask if/why I deleted them as friends. I was unaware they'd been deleted until they asked why. They didn't delete me, and I didn't delete them. I'll send the info over to Gav.

I checked your friends list and I see both members on your list, towards the bottom.. Did you try to add them again? I already forwarded your message to gav, so he can have a look as well.

nicola
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 7:10:29 PM

Thanks Callisto!
lafayettemister
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 6:56:13 AM

Callisto wrote:

I checked your friends list and I see both members on your list, towards the bottom.. Did you try to add them again? I already forwarded your message to gav, so he can have a look as well.

Well, duh! lol Of course we added ourselves back. As soon as we realized one of us had been deleted, we reconnected. lol But that does bring up a good point, and proof that something happened. Both CD and Trinket have been friends for a long time. As Lushies add new friends, they're always added at the bottom of the list by default. Had they not been deleted, they'd be much higher on that list.

I'm not being critical and I'm not angry or upset over it. It was easily fixed by us, we just wanted to let Lush know about it. But it DID happen.

Callisto
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:14:10 AM

lafayettemister wrote:

Well, duh! lol Of course we added ourselves back. As soon as we realized one of us had been deleted, we reconnected. lol But that does bring up a good point, and proof that something happened. Both CD and Trinket have been friends for a long time. As Lushies add new friends, they're always added at the bottom of the list by default. Had they not been deleted, they'd be much higher on that list.

I'm not being critical and I'm not angry or upset over it. It was easily fixed by us, we just wanted to let Lush know about it. But it DID happen.

I was only asking since you didn't let us know you added them back, so when I went to look at your profile and saw them there I thought maybe you just missed them, my mistake. Thank you for letting us know there was an issue, it will be looked into.

Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 11:50:13 AM

Shylass wrote:

Now you mention it, I DID!!! when I changed over to Trinket, I think I lost a handful of friends then... and LM was one of them! there were about 3 or 4 others, and now everyone thinks I'm a big DELETER!crybaby
Posted: Monday, April 08, 2013 12:35:22 AM

I Just had that happen to me today. One of my friends was randomly deleted and do not know why. I tried friend requesting them and I get a Red Box stating that there was a problem sending friend request. Please Help. Thanks.
Buz
Posted: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 8:41:17 PM

I had that happen once about a year ago. The friends noticed and I knew nothing about until they contacted me. I had actually been out of town and had not logged in a a few days when it happened. We of course re-friended. I reported it to Gav. I think when Gav removes his Storm Trooper helmet he must look like Scotty from Star Trek. He's always in the Lush engine room fixing problems.

Liz
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:40:12 AM

Buz wrote:
I had that happen once about a year ago. The friends noticed and I knew nothing about until they contacted me. I had actually been out of town and had not logged in a a few days when it happened. We of course re-friended. I reported it to Gav. I think when Gav removes his Storm Trooper helmet he must look like Scotty from Star Trek. He's always in the Lush engine room fixing problems.

James Doohan or Simon Pegg? laughing6

DanielleX
Posted: Monday, May 06, 2013 2:01:51 PM

I've had at least three friends randomly deleted. Jillinjulie thought I'd deleted her. I was like 'as if!'