Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

groupies? Options · View
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 5:02:23 PM

being a former musician..... have any of you ladies ever been a groupie, or.... Ever done it with one of the guys, ( or girls ) in the band that was playing at the club or bar you were in?
Delphi
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 5:17:51 PM

I dated a couple, but I wouldn't consider myself a groupie. Those chicks were on a whole other level.

The Delphi/Dirty_D collaboration - a winner of the Series Award!
Tranquil
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 8:42:13 PM

Dancing_Doll
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 11:06:27 AM

A few times I've done the hotel after party thing with bands and musicians but away from the stage/image/fame, it's typically pretty druggie and skanky. I guess that's kind of what you expect anyway but the musician groupie scene isn't glam at all other than a posh penthouse and plenty of alcohol/drugs. They're really fun parties in a general sense, but I've never had the urge to throw myself into the sex mix. I've always been more into the athletes than musicians though.

Nikki703
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 1:46:32 PM

Right after I graduated from HS. my best friend and I went to stay with her cousin in Hollywood, CA for the summer and ended up staying for a year and half. We were both going through some pretty right times. My mom had just died and I was a mess looking for an escape and she wanted ro get away from her abusive step-father. We spent a lot of time in the rock clubs like the Roxy, Whisky and Troubadour. We hung out with a lot of musicians, mostly no-namers but a few who went on to be well known. I wouldnt call us groupies but I did have sex with some of them (none of the famous ones) and it was fun. Sometimes it was because it was kind of glamorous, we would get free drinks in clubs, other girls were jealous and we we felt important. But there were many other hardcore groupies who traveled with the bands when they played out of town and I wasnt one of them.

Overall it was a fun experience for a while but it had a lot of bad moments too and you can very quickly get into a downward spiral you cant escape from. I guess in some ways I was being used but in some ways I was using them too.
evie_j
Posted: Saturday, March 09, 2013 4:39:38 PM

never been a groupie, but I have hooked up with a few musicians