Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

sex drive Options · View
ricinatl
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 1:34:12 PM

Is there any correlation between working out and sex drive that you have first hand knowledge of?
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 2:48:10 PM

I think they're correlated - There's always the idea of blood-flow, endorphins, more energy and even positive self-image if someone is conscious of fitness and their body.

If someone isn't working out, they probably feel more sluggish and sex drive might be impacted as well.

JohnC
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:01:07 PM

DD is correct. And it is more noticeable when you are used to working out a lot and you are on a break, or simply can't. I am not talking about a week or so, more like a month or more.

ricinatl
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:14:10 PM

Was it yourself you noticed a difference in or s significant other?
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:22:28 PM

I can't speak for everyone else, but my sex drive is always much higher later in the day if i have a decent workout. I do believe the two are strongly correlated.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:23:58 PM

ricinatl wrote:
Was it yourself you noticed a difference in or s significant other?

To a degree, but I've always been an active/workout kind of person. So at the times where I haven't (due to injury or illness etc.) I could say I noticed a decrease in sex drive, but it could also be correlated to the reason I'm not working out. So it's hard to say.

The partners I've had (to the extent where I would be able to notice changes in sex drive) have also been very regular gym-goers, so I can't say I've had the chance to see differences there either. Biologically it makes sense though.

JohnC
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2013 3:24:45 PM

It was myself in particular (but I have seen it in partners too). As well as being more tired with less energy in general. Also my digestion changed and many other things. (When NOT working out for any extended period of time.)

You see the opposite with people who never worked out and they begin to walk, run, basic "fitness" exercising, etc. and they begin to. We are made to be mobile and physical. But society and life now days has eliminated most of the need for this for survival and every day jobs. So people have to ADD it to their lifestyle. And yes it should be a lifestyle, not just something else you do. That is the same as "diets", and why most FAIL. It must be a change and new way of life, not just a quick change for some momentary goals for change or improvement.

Now I am NOT saying people need to be "nuts" about any of it, but make the small changes.... and little by little people will see the affects they desire. And it is not hard, because it is just a normal part of their lives at that point. STARTING is the hardest thing, but once you do....... just roll with it.

HotBttmInBriefs
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:15:14 AM

I agree and for me it is more myself. Not only does the workout itself increase my sex drive, but even being around folks working out. Seeing them in various forms of dress, undress, sweating, etc. revs up the sex drive too.

Icarus32
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:10:50 AM

I read an article a while back that said there was a correlation. Also the act of working out releases stuff in your brain that makes you want to.

It makes sense, in the end our bodies are built to want to reproduce, the healthier you are the better your going to be at doing that so your body is going to take action to put you in that situation more often.
KatR
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:26:45 AM

ricinatl wrote:
Is there any correlation between working out and sex drive that you have first hand knowledge of?

interesting question. I don't know, but I do know when i've worked out I feel sexier and when i feel sexier i enjoy the sex more.
adagio_sabadicus
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:09:41 AM

Depends on who is driving and who is at the wheel. My sex drive has nothing to do with surfing the web and snaring. That's a catfish of a different fin. My sex drive is part of my 'me' and like anyone else, if a man; has it's ups and downs. My sex drive libido goes from 0 to 110 based on the circumstances.
ricinatl
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:48:39 PM

quote=adagio]Depends on who is driving and who is at the wheel. My sex drive has nothing to do with surfing the web and snaring. That's a catfish of a different fin. My sex drive is part of my 'me' and like anyone else, if a man; has it's ups and downs. My sex drive libido goes from 0 to 110 based on the circumstances. [/quote]

Uh......what?
dontknow
HotBttmInBriefs
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:36:20 PM

ricinatl wrote:
quote=adagio]Depends on who is driving and who is at the wheel. My sex drive has nothing to do with surfing the web and snaring. That's a catfish of a different fin. My sex drive is part of my 'me' and like anyone else, if a man; has it's ups and downs. My sex drive libido goes from 0 to 110 based on the circumstances.

Uh......what?
dontknow [/quote]

I was lost on that one too and what it had to do with the question asked.

BelleduJour
Posted: Monday, March 18, 2013 7:25:57 PM

I already have a crazy sex drive but I have noticed it amp up to new levels since I've been diligently training for my first race in July. I think it has more to do with how I feel about myself more than anything else but who knows and who really cares? I'll NEVER complain about having a high sex drive no matter what the reason L35

Frank
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:07:38 AM

BelleduJour wrote:
I already have a crazy sex drive but I have noticed it amp up to new levels since I've been diligently training for my first race in July. I think it has more to do with how I feel about myself more than anything else but who knows and who really cares? I'll NEVER complain about having a high sex drive no matter what the reason L35

Motoring to enjoy! clapping

I do like to keep my mind exercised as well as other muscles. coffee

Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you.
Aldous Huxley

verity
Posted: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:41:07 AM

I haven't found a link between the two, but for me sex drive has been something I’ve had to nurture. Becoming sexually informed has certainly helped. Background played a part in sex being seen as something that went on behind closed doors, and wasn’t really spoken about. When I turned 40, I couldn’t really ignore it any more. It was telling me what to do, lol. Having a willing partner who recognises this inner need is a massive advantage I've discovered. Lwinking

*The Dark Room*

How do you talk to an Angel available from Amazon.

secretspice
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 5:44:27 PM

My sex drive keeps going up the older I get, I have more of a sexual appetite then I did when I was in my 20's...