Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Have you ladies encountered this as well? Options · View
anonymouslylush
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:10:40 PM

Hey Ladies...

This is a bit strange, because I am not that new here. Recently, I have had a rush of guys wanting to cyber. I get what this site is, so it doesn't bother to get the requests and respectfully decline.. But lately, these guys are about being exclusive online lovers. What is the deal with that? What happened to just good conversation? And how do you handle it?

"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner

Buz
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:15:12 PM

I post in my profile that I don't cyber sex.

anonymouslylush
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:27:20 PM

I do too.. but I still get the requests.. I can handle that.. I was more curious about this exclusive online lover thing... It seems in the last week, i must have gotten a dozen requests...I just found it odd

"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner

Lisa
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:41:38 PM

I haven't received requests for the exclusive online thing before. I used to get chat requests but they stopped a long time ago. I've found coming across as an uptight prude really helps a lot. :)

You've done all the right things when it comes to setting up your profile in order to avoid those kind of messages. The other option is that you can change your settings so that only your friends can send you PMs.
BelleduJour
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 9:54:10 PM

I'm not sure I understand your comment about "these guys being exclusive online lovers" - do you mean they want and are asking for an exclusive online relationship with you ONLY in terms of cybering and having playtime or do you mean they just want to have fun online with you or whomever and never meet in real life? I find it very hard to believe that many men would so eagerly opt for an exclusive online relationship with anyone on here, at least not until you've established some kind friendship/relationship and feel like it's the next step. My experience has been that any man that jumped straight into wanting an exclusive relationship was just saying it cause they thought that's what I wanted to hear but in reality, they were anything but exclusive online as I'm sure they weren't in real life.

Like most women I think, I used to get bombarded with requests to cyber and even cam from not only people on my friends list but from complete strangers who saw me online. It didn't matter if my AWAY light was on, they seemed to always be very aggressive and relentless. I'm no stranger to the cybering and playtime encounters and admittedly, have engaged in random cold-calling cybering in the past (I was MUCH less discerning when I first joined Lush) only to realize that it's just not for me. I need to feel a special connection with someone after a bit of time getting to know them first. Through trial and error, I managed to figure out what I ultimately wanted to get out of Lush, cleaned up my friend list BIG time and even more importantly, learned how to navigate around here in terms of privacy settings and have visited here hidden ever since. This gives me the power to pick and choose what I want to do on here and who I want to chat with if at all. Pretty simple :)

anonymouslylush
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:00:38 PM

That's exactly why I find it odd... Exclusive online relationship? It just seemed random... Thus why I posted the question... I tend to stay offline unless I want to talk to someone in particular. I guess it was more a question of does something in profile say... Hey Easy Mark... Or were other people finding this as well... Thanks for the feedback.

— Gilda Radner

BelleduJour
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 10:23:19 PM

Nah, it's not your profile, it's just the nature of the Lush beast :) You have to take everything on here with a grain of salt. There are some amazing friends and online lovers to be found on here but you have to learn to be discerning otherwise it's a bloody battlefield (unless you're one of those extreme heartless players, then you're in good company). You seem to have a good head on your shoulders and appear to be honest and polite with regards to how you handle some of the men on here. That already makes you better than most :)

LOVES4PLAY
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:17:57 PM

LISA STATED;
I haven't received requests for the exclusive online thing before. I used to get chat requests but they stopped a long time ago. I've found coming across as an uptight prude really helps a lot. :)

You've done all the right things when it comes to setting up your profile in order to avoid those kind of messages. The other option is that you can change your settings so that only your friends can send you PMs.
I type using hunt & peck, reading a interesting profile , or coming across a neat response to some post. I will sometimes type out a message & try to send it,, Question now becomes how dose one make friends if they cant contact any one,Why not place a note above the the contact member info.
Please note Im not wanting to void hers or anyone else privacy Just a thought. Joel.
Dani
Posted: Tuesday, April 02, 2013 11:19:39 PM

Well if someone has become comfortable enough with you to ask you to be their exclusive online lover, the best thing to do would be to distance yourself. I can't fathom a complete stranger or someone I'm just getting to know asking me to be exclusive...especially online. So just tell him or her where you stand, that's really all it takes. I have to say I get the cyber requests a bagillion times a day, but none go as far as requesting exclusivity.

Baby put your arms around me, tell me I'm a problem...