Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Shyness regarding masturbation. Options · View
purpleshade
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:43:55 AM

A lot of my female friends deny that they masturbate but they generally spill the beans indirectly. They admit to it indirectly. Even my own wife denies this fact from friends. Men on the other hand see nothing wrong with admitting to wanking. Is this is a female thing? Do ladies feel embarrassed about admitting this?

What are your thoughts?
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:11:44 AM

no we are not embarrassed at all about masturbating.
the think is guy like to "knock one out." and for girls its a deeper more meaningful thing.

just for the record i masturbate a lot. even more so since i joined lush. im not embarrassed to say so.

janet_haney
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:20:27 AM

I don't get it but I have found many of the women I have met are embarrassed about it and many of those actually deny it even though I know they have vibrators. I guess it is something left over from the Victorian ages when women were only supposed to serve our husbands sexually.
purpleshade
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:36:41 AM

biteentina wrote:
no we are not embarrassed at all about masturbating.
the think is guy like to "knock one out." and for girls its a deeper more meaningful thing.

just for the record i masturbate a lot. even more so since i joined lush. im not embarrassed to say so.

When you say that for girls it is a more meaningful thing are you implying that men don't wank emotionally?
purpleshade
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:40:05 AM

janet_haney wrote:
I don't get it but I have found many of the women I have met are embarrassed about it and many of those actually deny it even though I know they have vibrators. I guess it is something left over from the Victorian ages when women were only supposed to serve our husbands sexually.

Thanks Janet. Yes the Victorian mindset could be a factor but the strange fact is that even women of other cultures vehemently deny masturbating. Could this be a female trait in the sense that they see it as a weakness perhaps?
naughtyannie
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 6:01:18 AM

One of the most marvellous thing about Lush is that it teaches you not be be uptight or embarrassed about things like masturbation.

Honestly, if we could harness the masturbatory power of Lush members, we'd not have an energy crisis!

Click on the link below to visit my profile page, for award-winning filthy stories and arousing pics. Go on, it's just one click.

You know you want to...

http://www.lushstories.com/naughtyannie

You don't know what you're missing 'til you try it
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:52:10 AM

purpleshade wrote:
A lot of my female friends deny that they masturbate but they generally spill the beans indirectly. They admit to it indirectly. Even my own wife denies this fact from friends. Men on the other hand see nothing wrong with admitting to wanking. Is this is a female thing? Do ladies feel embarrassed about admitting this?

What are your thoughts?

I totally agree, a lot of my female friends deny it. I've never tried to hide the fact but most of the other girls do. I think they feel embarrassed to admit it, although I really don't know why. We all know everybody does it. Embarassed
simplyjohn
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 8:13:04 AM

Could it be that by admitting to masturbation some ladies think that others may assume they are sexually inactive which perhaps they dont want to imply/admit. And yes I know many ladies are sexually active and still masturbate ... just my thoughts.
paul_moadib
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:21:08 AM

My wife has admitted to me she does it. That's fine by me.

I like to make her do it in front of me sometimes.

I on the other hand tend to be quite tight lipped on the subject.
kinkitten
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 9:50:52 PM

im not embarrased by it but i see no reason to discuss it with my friends- in what context (not on lush- in reality) would me masturbating come up in a regular conversation?

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/milf/the-neighbors-boy-1.aspx
sexyeyes37
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:01:43 AM

I have never been embarrassed about saying i masturbate,i guess it is up to the individual girl as to whether they admit it or not.Some Maya feel it is a private thing.

sexyeyes37
BelleduJour
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:04:46 PM

naughtyannie wrote:
One of the most marvellous thing about Lush is that it teaches you not be be uptight or embarrassed about things like masturbation.

Honestly, if we could harness the masturbatory power of Lush members, we'd not have an energy crisis!

sign5 Lfunny Lapplause L35
I agree - Lush is an EXCELLENT place to tap into that inner vixen and learn to embrace that side of ourselves without guilt or judgement or shame or fear. As for the masturbatory power of Lush members, AMEN!!!!!!

Metilda
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 8:31:50 PM

I'm with the 'I see no reason to talk about it' crowd.

I just don't see why I would want my real-life acquaintances to know that about me . . . and in part because I'm compulsive about ti and definitely not normal in frequency (or method - LOL) . . . that's lush only content, right there (the anonymous wide world)

Aside that - one time I did talk to a casual friend about that kind of thing and it changed our friendship (he wanted to be more than friends suddenly)

Available as an ebook through All Romance, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, and others.
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:09:02 PM

kinkitten wrote:
im not embarrased by it but i see no reason to discuss it with my friends- in what context (not on lush- in reality) would me masturbating come up in a regular conversation?

...and then I stopped by the store...and I dropped off your package at the Post Office...returned the overdue book...and then I just needed to rub one out, ya know? So, in the library parking lot I steamed up the windows alone. Would you like some tea?
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:24:16 PM

Kristind wrote:

...and then I stopped by the store...and I dropped off your package at the Post Office...returned the overdue book...and then I just needed to rub one out, ya know? So, in the library parking lot I steamed up the windows alone. Would you like some tea?

Now thats funny! How did you know I did that just the other day LOL
Beckie2309
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:19:09 PM

About a year ago I would of been that shy girl who never spoke about this even though I am a very sexual person, but lush has most definitely broken my shell! Just today I was talking about masturbating with a friend and we had such a good talk! I think it all depends on how close the friendship or relationship is?

Soleillalune
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:44:54 PM

Just another thing most men and women can differ on. Men will throw it out there, find it funny and women are usually more subtle. I'm not ashamed or embarressed but I think it's a sexy subject and deserves its rightly place in conversation.

Leiza350
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:01:02 PM

So I think every, well at least most do it.I do it,not eery week, butr then some times 3 to 5 times a week ...then may be not for 30 daz.... what can i say .......
lLiar Liar ea
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:20:05 AM

I'm not embarressed. its just some people are so gross I don't want them thinking if or how I masterbate
Ravyn
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:59:00 AM

I don't know if its so much embarrassment for some, it may just be a personal thing is all.

Jack_42
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:16:46 AM

I feel society would like to still pretend that we don't all masturbate; this may be illustrated by the insult ''wanker'' the implication being that those who do are negative people in some way or other. Though this seems to have been replaced at one time by the equally ambiguous ''dick head'' again sexual references being looked on as negative as in ''don't fuck with me''. I tend to agree with Janet_haney but also to extend it to all genders as some men too are reluctant to admit such a practice. All of this to me indicates even today a lot of negativity is still around regarding sexual freedom and expression.
Metilda
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:44:36 PM

Jack_42 wrote:
I feel society would like to still pretend that we don't all masturbate; this may be illustrated by the insult ''wanker'' the implication being that those who do are negative people in some way or other. Though this seems to have been replaced at one time by the equally ambiguous ''dick head'' again sexual references being looked on as negative as in ''don't fuck with me''. I tend to agree with Janet_haney but also to extend it to all genders as some men too are reluctant to admit such a practice. All of this to me indicates even today a lot of negativity is still around regarding sexual freedom and expression.

I think it all stems from the immature side to sexual awareness - finding it silly, funny and humorous. Thus - there are dozens of slang terms for male and female anatomy, sex, masturbation and other such bodily functions purely for fun.

Words change, though, and in the post Oxford Dictionary world that change truly means it adopts new meanings rather than slowly losing the old one and gaining a new one in its place.

Available as an ebook through All Romance, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, iBooks, and others.
anna299
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 12:04:16 AM

I know I was raised being told that women should be prim and proper, whereas men could be a little rougher around the edges. Since masturbation is such a raw act of emotion, I believe many women are shy to admit that they would do something so "animalistic-like", even though that masturbation is completely normal.

I for one do masturbate a lot (and enjoy it), however I still don't feel comfortable bringing the topic of mastuurbation up within a group of friends, right out of the blue.
evie_j
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 6:29:35 AM

I'm not shy about it all. Masturbating is one of the most fun things to do so why hide it.
justhavfun70
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 9:25:16 AM

I agree, masturbation was not a topic of discussion for anyone in my real life until I went to a sex toy party and boy just add a little alcohol and woman can talk :)

Lush is a wonderful place and yes I masturbate ALOT more since coming here :)
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 2:08:03 PM

we can all admit to it here.. don't think that's true in the real world though