Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Electoral fraud! Options · View
latinfoxy
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 2:24:47 PM

A month ago our "President" died, so after 14 years of a totalitarism government we saw a little light at the end of the tunnel, yesterday we had our presidential elections, and after a very dirty, unfair, extortion and horrible use of our countries money, we the opposition still won the elections. But the CNE the ones in charge of the elections, said that we didnt and lied about the numbers. Yesterday it was asked for a recount and both candidates agreed to it. Today we learned that that is not going to happen and that Maduro (Chavez successor) is gonna be recognize as the president of Venezuela, even though people is asking for a recount.

Today they are burning and stealing all the acts and proves that we actually won the elections.

Yes that's actually our own militars, and NO they are not suposse to be moving those boxes full of our votes.

I guess this is not a lets comment kind of thread, more of a cry for help so more people really knows whats happening here. Right now people are going to the streets to fight for their rights, and in a few minutes im going to. Hopefully it will stay peacefully.
lafayettemister
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 3:06:24 PM

Stay safe, Foxy!!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Ruthie
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 3:09:13 PM

Heartbreaking. I can't think of anything else to say.
LadyX
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 3:18:53 PM

How awful. :( And what a joke of a regime, and not the funny kind. I hope this Maduro and his cronies enjoy the zero-legitimacy that they so richly deserve. Funny how his kind like to talk like they actually represent and care for those who struggle. Here's hoping those same people not only see the emptiness in that, but bring about momentum that removes him from power.
ByronLord
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 3:29:33 PM

latinfoxy wrote:
A month ago our "President" died, so after 14 years of a totalitarism government we saw a little light at the end of the tunnel, yesterday we had our presidential elections, and after a very dirty, unfair, extortion and horrible use of our countries money, we the opposition still won the elections. But the CNE the ones in charge of the elections, said that we didnt and lied about the numbers. Yesterday it was asked for a recount and both candidates agreed to it. Today we learned that that is not going to happen and that Maduro (Chavez successor) is gonna be recognize as the president of Venezuela, even though people is asking for a recount.

Same thing happened in another American country to the North of you in 2000. Only there the Governor of the state where the election was disputed was the brother of one of the candidates and he made sure that there would not be the recount required by law, aided and abetted by five corrupt judges on the Supreme court.

The problem in Venezuela is linked. The US attempt to mount a coup against Chavez during the Bush regime when Chavez clearly had democratic legitimacy has become the pretext for some extremely un-democratic moves. It has also delegitimized much of the opposition which was implicated in an act of treason.

George W. Bush could make a muck of things pretty much everywhere he acted.

sprite
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 7:00:22 PM

As Ruth Ann said, This is heart breaking. Really don't have anything to say in the way of debate. i only hope that Karma does what it's supposed to do and find a way to make things right. best wishes and prayers to all those in Venezuela.

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 9:11:57 PM

God bless, l. f. It's hard for me to say "stay safe", from here in my ivory tower, but still... stay safe. I hope things don't change too much for the worse for you.

latinfoxy
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 9:37:57 PM

Thank you all for your well wishes! so far im not sure if we will accomplish something. But so far we are giving them hell in the streets.

swollen
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2013 11:00:44 PM

In so many countries we take our democracy and freedom for granted, as a given right, which of course it should be. Your post makes me so sad LF, keep resisting and keep raising awareness of the realities of what you and your fellow countrymen are going through. Prayers xx
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:52:06 AM

And yet it is both appalling and not shocking...that perhaps the USA has a hand in this - in some manner.

Where are my statesmen in the country which used to be looked upon as the leader of the free world? I hear about this bullshit here first and in no newspaper nor online journal in America? d'oh!

Fawk me sideways.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
latinfoxy
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:52:24 AM

Yes WMM you are not gonna find much information about it, because as Byron said the opposition is still paying for a mistake we made 11 years ago. So even though all that i said here is the sad truth, most countries still think that we just want to do a coup against the government.

And that was true in 2002 but that is not the situation right now, a lot can happen to a country in 11 years. But we are still been blame for everything even if the government are the actual guilty ones.
Michael
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 3:37:51 PM

I visited lovely Isla de Margarita and Caracas a few years ago. I realized that few were willing to be outspoken about the government policies. Despite the fraudulent election results keeping Maduro's regime in power, it is encouraging that people are more willing to voice their opposition.
I do hope for an eventual honest election, yet more important wish it is done without bloodshed.

latinfoxy
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:18:49 PM

We are trying to get as much awarness to the situation and as much international help as we can, so im leaving a few online request for you guys if you want you can sign. Are they all true or have i verify them? no, i havent have time but as i say we need as much help as we can even if some are not true a lot of them are.

Thank You

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/call-upon-international-community-urge-full-recount-votes-be-done-venezuelas-presidential-elections/0MNp0Bys

http://secure.campaigner.com/Campaigner/Public/t.show?5cxvq--2pqmz-of0jwu9&_v=2

http://www.change.org/petitions/in-english-below-que-la-oea-exija-el-conteo-del-100-de-los-votos-de-las-elecciones-en-venezuela

http://www.avaaz.org/es/petition/Reconteo_Manual_de_votos_en_Elecciones_Presidenciales_de_Venezuela/?pv=7

Rembacher
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:46:36 PM

From what I've read, there is already a policy in place for an automatic recount of 54% of the votes, which the electoral commission says it did. How would a recount of the remaining 46% catch enough to make a difference? Not trying to be critical, just trying to get an understanding of your election/recount rules and procedures.
latinfoxy
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:49:55 PM

Rembacher wrote:
From what I've read, there is already a policy in place for an automatic recount of 54% of the votes, which the electoral commission says it did. How would a recount of the remaining 46% catch enough to make a difference? Not trying to be critical, just trying to get an understanding of your election/recount rules and procedures.

When we vote in Venezuela you get 3 different steps of the voting system 1. Its the electronic vote you do on a machine 2. Its a paper that this machine prints saying the person you voted for, you put this piece of paper on a box 3. A book you sign and put your finger print on, saying that you voted, the first page of this book says how many people should vote in that machine.

When they do the automatic recount the only thing they validate is that the amount of votes that the machine says, are the same amount that the papers say. What we want is to check all 3 things.

Its has been proven than in a lot of this machines more people have voted, than what the book says it should. Also doing this recount we can make sure that all the places that this votes are coming from are actually legit places and not just machines that where putted on a house where the same person voted a lot of times (yes that last one sounds crazy BUT we have videos and photos proving this, also in the CNE data base they have more than 200 places where people voted only for Maduro, that means no null vote and not one vote for anyone different than Maduro and every single person voted, dont you think thast a little bit odd? Also they want to check that we dont have the same finger print in multiple voting places, and the other thing we want to check is that we have more than 30000 people voting that are over the age of 98, we even have have more than 500 over the age of 120 years old. I mean we should be on the record Guinness for the oldest population in the wold alive!

there is more things that happened while the elections took place that we are not even complainning about, like assisted votes (what is that you say?) well when the person goes to vote, someone "helps" them voting, this is used for old people or people with some kind of discapability. Not in this elections, this was also used for people that work for the government or have been given houses or things like that. In the video im posting you can see how the girl looks completely healthy, and yet this guy wearing red (the color of the government) is staying with her the whole time while she is voting (this is ILLEGAL) and then when she goes he is writing something on a piece of paper. This is one of the many videos we have like that!

EDIT: Also dont you think its kind of odd, that Maduro actually agreed to do the counting and then backed out and said he needed to ask around to see if they would. Who those he needs to ask permission to do a recount? If they are so sure they won, then why are they so afraid?
Rembacher
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:31:46 PM

There definitely seems to be a lot of questionable activity going on. But for the recount practices, I don't know what is weird in your country. If the government/incumbent normally has the power to have a recount, then it is weird that they would waver on it. But, it would also make me wonder how the opposition would ever win if the incumbent had that much power over the vote process. In Canada, elections are run by Elections Canada, with specific rules laid out for when a recount happens, and its up to Elections Canada to enforce the rules. Any party can petition them to do a recount but the incumbent party, at least in theory, has no more power to demand a recount than the challengers do. It doesn't sound like the CNE has that sort of autonomy, but there seems to be a growing international awareness that might force them to do a full recount.

Hopefully this all gets sorted out soon enough. It seems like the longer the results are in question, the more greater the risk of violence, and that's not good for anyone.
latinfoxy
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:47:47 PM

Rembacher wrote:
There definitely seems to be a lot of questionable activity going on. But for the recount practices, I don't know what is weird in your country. If the government/incumbent normally has the power to have a recount, then it is weird that they would waver on it. But, it would also make me wonder how the opposition would ever win if the incumbent had that much power over the vote process. In Canada, elections are run by Elections Canada, with specific rules laid out for when a recount happens, and its up to Elections Canada to enforce the rules. Any party can petition them to do a recount but the incumbent party, at least in theory, has no more power to demand a recount than the challengers do. It doesn't sound like the CNE has that sort of autonomy, but there seems to be a growing international awareness that might force them to do a full recount.

Hopefully this all gets sorted out soon enough. It seems like the longer the results are in question, the more greater the risk of violence, and that's not good for anyone.

Anyone with enough prove can ask for a recount in Venezuela, CNE is the one that decides if the recount is going to be done or not. The CNE is supposed to be an impartial entity, but its really not. For example Tibisay Lucena the president of the CNE the day before the elections in an interview said that the opposition had no chance of winning this elections, also when they where giving an open forum about this elections they were wearing a insignia representing the government. The CNE credentials for journalists for this elections had Chavez and Maduro's faces on them.

So as you can see they are not really that impartial.

Buz
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 5:13:04 PM

Only the super rich get representation anywhere. Obama & Romney were only representatives of the super rich that paid for them. If you think either one was truly interested in your welfare then you are either foolish or a member of that super powerful rich elite group that meets in The Grove in the northern California Redwood forests.

BamaFan78
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 7:36:41 PM

Buz wrote:
Only the super rich get representation anywhere. Obama & Romney were only representatives of the super rich that paid for them. If you think either one was truly interested in your welfare then you are either foolish or a member of that super powerful rich elite group that meets in The Grove in the northern California Redwood forests.

what does this have to do with anything. We are not even talking about American politics. All you must have read was the title and jumped to a conclusion so far from reality marvel and dc comics couldn't make the same leap.
Buz
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 8:07:34 PM

BamaFan78 wrote:

what does this have to do with anything. We are not even talking about American politics. All you must have read was the title and jumped to a conclusion so far from reality marvel and dc comics couldn't make the same leap.

If you will kindly read the above posts you will see that American politics is very much mentioned in this Forum thread. Reading is very good for the brain. It may even be possible that American politics is tied up in the events in Venezuela as it has so often been for many decades.

latinfoxy
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 9:33:25 PM

Buz wrote:

Well if im not mistaken we are the biggest supply of oil to the US, so we are really important for you guys, and Chavez and now Maduro are really Anti Americans. But that said, the thing about the coup happen a long time ago and its kind of a theory that US was involve, no one can be sure that you guys did.

What we are living right now, its not done by the US, its just something that was coming from a while, and im actually impress that it took us for Chavez to die, for this big chaos to exploit at our faces.
Buz
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:00:22 PM

Best of Luck Latinfoxy. I pray that y'all can get an open government, elected by the people. I know a certain amount of corruption exists in all governments but many are not near as bad as others. Hopefully Venezuela can turn that corner soon. Venezuela is certainly not some third world backwater. It has a large educated class of people and has great potential to be a really big player on the world stage. And y'all are very well known for producing beauty queens such as in the Miss Universe Pageant (just through that fact in for fun!). a lot of great major league baseball players come to the USA from Venezuela also.

Yes, Venezuela is I believe, the biggest oil importer to the USA. Plus, the USA is one of the 2 largest oil producers in the world. Of course we use all we produce and need more to meet our needs.

Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:10:49 PM

Buz wrote:
Best of Luck Latinfoxy. I pray that y'all can get an open government, elected by the people. I know a certain amount of corruption exists in all governments but many are not near as bad as others. Hopefully Venezuela can turn that corner soon. Venezuela is certainly not some third world backwater. It has a large educated class of people and has great potential to be a really big player on the world stage. And y'all are very well known for producing beauty queens such as in the Miss Universe Pageant (just through that fact in for fun!). a lot of great major league baseball players come to the USA from Venezuela also.

Yes, Venezuela is I believe, the biggest oil importer to the USA. Plus, the USA is one of the 2 largest oil producers in the world. [Of course we use all we produce and need more to meet our needs].
]

Yes we've all noticed that.
latinfoxy
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 12:49:14 PM

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/us-man-detained-venezuela-post-vote-crackdown-19043227?page=2#.UXrK7kqtwtE

I think Maduro saw Argo one time to many! LOL only in this country really!!