Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Sane Person of the Day Options · View
LadyX
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 2:36:25 PM

Today's winner is Vladimir Putin, President of Russia (until he dies or finds a worthy puppet to temporarily replace him as required by their constitution). For all his otherwise despotic and creepy tendencies, he spoke stone cold truth re: the Boston Bombing tragedy of last week:

Quote:
“Common folk in the US are not to be blamed, they don’t understand what is happening. Here I am addressing them and our citizens to say that Russia is a victim of international terrorism too,” he said.

He lashed out at what he called double standards in media and political portrayals of terrorism. “I was always appalled when our Western partners and the Western media called the terrorist, who did bloody crimes in our country, ‘insurgents,’ and almost never ‘terrorists,’” Putin explained.

“They [the terrorists] were receiving help, informational, financial and political support. Sometimes directly and sometimes indirectly. And we were saying that we must do the job and not be content with declarations proclaiming terrorism a common threat. Those two have proved our position all too well,” he added.

Putin criticized the idea voiced by some Republican politicians – including Senators Lindsey Graham, John McCain and Kelly Ayotte, and Representative Peter King – to declare the surviving Boston bomber an enemy combatant. They want “to declare this criminal a prisoner of war. Are they out of their mind?* What kind of a PoW is he? Do they fight the Civil War between the North and the South again?” he said.

Putin said that Chechnya’s painful common history with Russia should not be grounds for speculation, and does not justify branding all Chechens as terrorists: “It’s not about nationality or religion. It’s about the extremist mindset of those men.”

“I’m saying all this not to put the blame, but to call on bringing ourselves closer together in resisting our common threats, of which terrorism is one and more dangerous. If we truly join our efforts, we will not allow these strikes and suffer such losses,” he said.

*Yes, Vlad. Yes, they are.
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 8:43:09 PM

"He lashed out at what he called double standards in media and political portrayals of terrorism. “I was always appalled when our Western partners and the Western media called the terrorist, who did bloody crimes in our country, ‘insurgents,’ and almost never ‘terrorists,’” Putin explained.

Go from there, and maybe put yourself in the shoes of a teen in an Arab nation-state, who is muslim, but believes in humanity. Like the kid in the Midwest, that believes in the american dream, and is christian, and also believes in humanity. These two will unfortunately never see eye to eye, or speak, because of their governments interpretations, and in turn, be persuaded by heated talk, and extreme ideologies to turn to nonsense. In this case, psychotic delusions, and led to feel a part of something since they come into a fold of patriotism, nationalism, or deism.

These two nitwits, are simply psycho fucks. Disenfranchised with the wold around them, in this case either by violent tendencies or just being perpetually stoned. Your inhabitants/insurgents, Putin, are but a mirror image of your faulty government as the two Boston psychos are of US government, and immediate societal norms.

If nation-states, and leaders of nation states do, say and act in a linear fashion then there will be no room for interpretation. "Enemy combatant" indeed. Just as 911 gives credence to a limitation on civil rights without explanation, this interpretation "enemy combatant" gives way to swift justice without looking at what is really wrong.

What's wrong? You, Putin. You, King. You, McCain, and all your cohorts, democratic, republican, communist, and so on. Making us, the people, your little pawns in this little game of words. Some are sickened by it, but don't look to hurt others for it. However, some are less stable, and you count on that. The psycho fuck square who you can fit into your circle.

The game is getting boring gentlemen. I just want to live in a world without your games, and where my kid can believe in something real and meaningful, without interpretation, and free of those who want to kill because of interpretive influence. Unless it's musical, then, kick out the jams motherfucker!
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 10:25:20 PM

What Highwayman said...I totally agree.
LadyX
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 10:51:33 PM

Kristind wrote:
What Highwayman said...I totally agree.

Same here. Good stuff indeed; I applaud the sentiments, it's just that I allow myself no investment of hope to that effect. Striving to eliminate political divisiveness through rhetoric is sort of like striving to eliminate jealousy or hubris. Honorable, but despite our best personal efforts, almost certainly futile. :(
MrNudiePants
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 11:31:31 PM

People are ruled by ignorance. I don't mean that the world leaders are ignorant - oh, no - far from it. They deliberately keep their constituents (or subjects, or peons) ignorant, the better to lead them down whatever path the leaders want them to go.

Quote:
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects,'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything -- you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.

-- Robert Heinlein

I've read reports that the terrorists who carried out the Boston bombings had been "educated" to believe that the entire 9-11 attack was a false flag operation, conducted by the American government for the purpose of turning Muslims into enemies of the state. Why should I not believe it when there are plenty of American citizens wearing the same tinfoil hats? I've been told that it's a basic tenet of the Muslim faith that all non-Muslims must either convert, become enslaved, or be killed. As a self-proclaimed infidel, I can't vouch for the veracity of that claim, either.

It seems to me that any time to opposing factions actually learn about each other's ways, and find out that we're all pretty much the same under our clothes, the urge to war in each other become harder and harder to give in to. I just pray that we all can get to know each other before we all kill each other off.

Magical_felix
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 8:08:50 PM

When you are a spanish speaker the name "Putin" will always be funny.

latinfoxy
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:51:04 AM

Magical_felix wrote:
When you are a spanish speaker the name "Putin" will always be funny.

Probably is because im drunk, but yeah im laughing jajaja Tu eres un Putin Jack jajaja
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 12:54:22 AM

latinfoxy wrote:

Probably is because im drunk, but yeah im laughing jajaja Tu eres un Putin Jack jajaja

Heh heh heh...Magic Jack has a new nickname...

Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 9:30:49 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:

Heh heh heh...Magic Jack has a new nickname...

Remember when you went berserk because I kept calling you an idiot after you said you didn't care if people called you an idiot? That was the best.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 6:41:33 PM

Geez. The first Magic Jack post I read in months and... yep. He's still a douche. Now can you quit this bullshit? It makes the whole forum look stupid.

Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 6:56:14 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:
Geez. The first Magic Jack post I read in months and... yep.

LOL don't lie.

MrNudiePants wrote:
He's still a douche. Now can you quit this bullshit? It makes the whole forum look stupid.

Of course it looks stupid compared to me, I'm a genius and also perfect, you peasant.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 4:51:12 PM

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.