Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The typo bogey man Options · View
DanielleX
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:34:58 AM

I write my story, run spell-checker at the end, I know any little errors, it's sure to mend.

Yet what's that, no cunt or cum? Yet it had no problem with tits or bum!

Re-read and check, spot that missing comma, I meant there not their, is it honor or honour?

Leave it a while, then one last look. I think it's right, then fucking fuck!

Am I crazy, I gave him a different name, my readers will think my writing's lame.

OK, it's perfect now. It's good to go. I'm confident, relaxed, the creative juices flow.

Always excited, it's finally on. You have a glance - no it's all gone wrong!

That glaring typo - it wasn't there before! I'm not so stupid, how did I ignore...

Such a silly error, it's 'then' not 'than.' I'll get you little typo bogey man!

My new story written in collaboration with Buz Bono
sprite
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:41:56 AM

glad to know i'm not the only one he visits. :)
Poppet
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 11:45:55 AM

He visits me often.... But I bring out Queen Get The Fuck Out Of Here (Long name I know, but it works), and eventually he leaves.

drunken

A Few Of My Favourites

Oral – Audio - Eating Of My Pussy
Erotic Poem - Audio - Sucking Cock
Reluctance – Masturbating Slut Exposed
Exhibitionism - Audio - Afternoon Park Delights
Masturbation - Audio - Recommended Read - Phone Sex
Masturbation - Audio - Recommend Read - Two AM Orgasms
Supernatural – Audio – Recommended Read - My Life As A Genie
principessa
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 1:07:55 PM

The lesson is absolutely not to rely on spell check as it allows all of your mistakes that are words. A careful read and edit is always necessary.

Buz
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 1:20:54 PM

That's one thing about English as a language, that we have so many words that are spelled exactly the same but with different meanings and often pronounced differently. Spell check cannot catch those. Plus, your misspelled word may be interpreted by spell check as an actual word, therefore it doesn't highlight that one for you to correct.

It is best to proof your work very carefully yourself and once you've fixed all that you can find send it to a friend to read and proof again for you. You will be amazed at how much they catch.

The people in our advertising/marketing/PR departments at work have a rule against the writer approving their own copy for publication, no matter how long or short the length. They said that advertising studies prove the worst proof reader is the original writer.

PS. Many words such as honor or honour are just differences between English spelling in the UK realm and the USA realm. As a story verifier I have learned what most of those are and accept both spellings, as they are both correct. Your own spell check is probably set up for either the UK or the American spelling. I think most of us are now savvy enough to realize this by now.

It is interesting that in the USA, the UK spelling is often used on very formal invitations or things to add that formal flare to it.

The honour of your presence is requested
at the joining of

Sally Mae Doohickie
and
Big Bubba Bullfrog Bartow

in
Holy Matrimony
[/center]

I have written a new poem. It is called 'Long Twisty Woman.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/long-twisty-woman.aspxx
Also, if you wish, check out my co-authored a story with the wonderful DanielleX. It is called 'Focus on Sex.'
You can read it at: http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/focused-on-sex-1.aspx

DanielleX
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:58:58 AM

I thought this was a fun little poem with a vein of truth running through it. I didn't expect the critical analysis lol

Anyway, while I do use spell checker, I'm well aware of its limitations and I don't rely upon it. Taken literally it might have read that I was advocating spell checker as a soul source of editing. I wasn't, it was just for the poem. However, as a way of cutting through the long grass, it is a nice blunt tool for catching the biggest weeds.

I understand that honour and honor are the Anglo/American versions, like colour and color. However Buz, I learned something there. I didn't know the English spelling was used in that register. Interesting :)

I still think the point stands. As a jealous self-editor, I do think there's a typo bogey man who goes round fucking with my work :p

Danny x

Coco
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 8:22:23 AM

I thought it was a funny little poem and left it at that, Danny. I also thought that the responses weren't meant to be critical of you, but to stress to those reading this post a bit of helpful advice.

DanielleX
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:06:33 AM

cocokisses wrote:
I thought it was a funny little poem and left it at that, Danny. I also thought that the responses weren't meant to be critical of you, but to stress to those reading this post a bit of helpful advice.

Ah I guess so.. well if my contribution has helped someone, all the better.

Thanks Coco. Kisses xxx

Did you see what I did there