Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Dying Iraq War Veteran, writes 'Last Letter' To Bush. Options · View
keoloke
Posted: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:37:03 PM

The Huffingtonpost article and the letter

If you want to go straight to the letter

Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2013 8:00:16 PM

"I write this letter because, before my own death, I want to make it clear that I, and hundreds of thousands of my fellow veterans, along with millions of my fellow citizens, along with hundreds of millions more in Iraq and the Middle East, know fully who you are and what you have done. You may evade justice but in our eyes you are each guilty of egregious war crimes, of plunder and, finally, of murder, including the murder of thousands of young Americans—my fellow veterans—whose future you stole."

Unfortunately, Bush will never acquiesce to his pleas. Nor will any other interest avail itself to false conscription.

Some entities may bow in false humility to such truths. But, in the end, those who have heart will feel, and those who do not will kneel.
David04
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:51:40 PM

The War in Iraq was unnecessary but it did not anger me the way the War in Vietnam did. Saddam Hussein was a venal dictator with little popular support. Ho Chi Minh, while also a dictator, was a national leader. President Eisenhower estimated that as many as 80 percent of the Vietnamese supported him.
ByronLord
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2013 6:16:38 AM

Bush has collected $500 million for his self aggrandizing 'Presidential Library'

It would be nice if the place had a fitting statue in front. I suggest a 50 foot tall statue of 'Abu Ghraib man', the one being electrocuted on Bush/Cheney's orders in a cruciform pose. Surrounding the base fountain would be a churning fountain of blood.

Nothing complicated or garish you understand, just a fair commentary on the man's actions in office.

Bunny12
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 6:44:01 PM

After Obama I totally miss Bush and all his BS at least it was consistent!

Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
ArtMan
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 7:39:48 PM

Very little has changed during the Obama administration, as if he is still following the Bush play book. I think President Obama adheres to WWBD (What Would Bush Do).

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

ByronLord
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:07:53 PM

ArtMan wrote:
Very little has changed during the Obama administration, as if he is still following the Bush play book. I think President Obama adheres to WWBD (What Would Bush Do).

The shut down Bush's torture chambers, closed the secret prisons and ended one of his wars. The other is currently being wound down.

They also withdrew US support from the dictatorships in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya which Bush had supported. Particularly disgusting in the case of Libya which was genuinely a state sponsor of terror which Bush supported in return for Libyan support for the trumped up case for the failed invasion of Iraq.

It is possible the US might be dragged into Syria but if Bush was still in charge it is certain that the US would be in there already and making the situation worse in every way.

It isn't even a matter of GOP vs Democrat. Obama is competent, George W. Bush was not. Even if you agreed with Bush's goals, the fact is that he was an incompetent boob and so was everyone else he hired. That includes Rumsfeld, Rice and Cheney.

sprhr2
Posted: Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:50:36 PM

I was going to get in on this but the comments just made my blood boil and my only thought right now is

WHY THE FUCK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT THIS ON THIS WEBSITE! LEFT WING COMMIES GO TO CNN.COM AND BITCH THERE, RIGHT WING WARMONGERS GO TO FOXNEWS.COM AND ARGUE IT THERE.

I come here to get my rocks off and instead I got a bunch of people that want to have a debate where their avatar is talking about touching noodly appendages. WTF people.

</rant>
elitfromnorth
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 12:25:03 AM

Bunny12 wrote:
After Obama I totally miss Bush and all his BS at least it was consistent!

You forget the whole "start two wars that will send the country into a debt whole that will crush the country's economy in a matter that makes people draw 1929 parallels and where everyone without sense will start blaming his sucsessor for not mopping up one of the biggest messes left by any US president in four years" thing, but I guess that isn't that important.

And sprhr2's attempt at trolling is even worse than remember's attempts.

"It's at that point you realise Lady Luck is actually a hooker, and you're fresh out of cash."
ArtMan
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:13:35 PM

ByronLord wrote:

The shut down Bush's torture chambers, closed the secret prisons and ended one of his wars. The other is currently being wound down.

They also withdrew US support from the dictatorships in Tunisia, Egypt and Libya which Bush had supported. Particularly disgusting in the case of Libya which was genuinely a state sponsor of terror which Bush supported in return for Libyan support for the trumped up case for the failed invasion of Iraq.

It is possible the US might be dragged into Syria but if Bush was still in charge it is certain that the US would be in there already and making the situation worse in every way.

It isn't even a matter of GOP vs Democrat. Obama is competent, George W. Bush was not. Even if you agreed with Bush's goals, the fact is that he was an incompetent boob and so was everyone else he hired. That includes Rumsfeld, Rice and Cheney.

This is Obama's second term. He reminds me of Richard Nixon by taking his sweet time about ending the war in Vietnam. The war in Afghanistan continues and the Taliban is stronger now that it was 6 years ago. Obama is continuing Bush's Patriot Act measures. The war in Iraq ended about when they first stated it would end during the Bush era. Not much of an accomplishment for Obama. The result of the entire Iraqi fiasco is yet to be seen. We may be paying for that escapade for the next few decades.

I would say that the overthrow of the governments in Egypt and Libya had more influence on the US relationship with them than any policy change. Should Obama drag the US into the conflict in Libya he would be making a grave mistake. Currently 65% of Americans oppose such a move. It would be a lose lose situation for the USA. I think the American people will not tolerate us getting into another terrorist guerrilla war in another Muslim country when we have no business doing so.

As far as competency it seems Bush successfully and competently enacted his entire plan, just because you or I don't approve of his agenda and measures it certainly doesn't make him incompetent. He successfully made a lot of his friends extremely rich. Yes, Bush very successfully carried out the things he sought to accomplish.

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx