Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

These US gun control / law debates are pointless, here's my opinion why Options · View
MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:24:57 PM

If you're going to point to someone as being representative of the whole gun community, James Yeager is the absolute last person you should use. The man is an embarrassment.

TheCrimsonKing
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 6:11:44 AM

This sums up my argument quite nicely:

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry

The FACT that states with more gun control have more gun violence is a nice little tidbit as well. People complain about "gun happy" texans when chicago and new york city are the places you really need to be careful. Laws almost always hurt the lawful citizens more than the criminals.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Friday, May 03, 2013 1:18:42 PM

TheCrimsonKing wrote:

The FACT that states with more gun control have more gun violence is a nice little tidbit as well. People complain about "gun happy" texans when chicago and new york city are the places you really need to be careful. Laws almost always hurt the lawful citizens more than the criminals.

If it wasn't against any law, to kill one person or several people, do you think we'd see more or less murder?

What about if our civilization made the penalties for murder dependent upon the method of the killing?

Golf club/baseball bat/frying pan/tire iron/tricycle/pushed down stairs/blunt force trauma = what proper sentence? Would there be different sentences for domestic products versus commercial products versus objects found in nature?

Pillow/clasped hand/sponge/smothering = what proper penalty

Rope/cabling/piano wire/strangulation?

Knives/pitchforks/gardening equipment/pencils/stabbings?

Firearms/explosives/mechanical or chemical explosive devices?

Should we penalize more because a murderer kills with their own hands, physically - as opposed to artificially using a tool or mechanical, electrical or chemical means?

See how fucking ridiculous all this sounds?

Yeah, about like your summation above. fart

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Ruthie
Posted: Saturday, May 04, 2013 2:12:31 PM

TheCrimsonKing wrote:

No. Actually that "fact," is just more gun monger bullshit. New York has a gun death rate of 4.99 per 100,000. Louisiana, which has slack gun laws, and where 45.6% of households own guns, has a rate of 19.04 per 100,000. New York City has a gun death rate less than half the national average. A person who lives in New Orleans is fourteen times more likely to die of a gunshot than a person living in New York City.

Both the murder rate and the gun murder rate is higher in Texas, per capita, than in New York.
TheCrimsonKing
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2013 1:47:15 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:

If it wasn't against any law, to kill one person or several people, do you think we'd see more or less murder?

What about if our civilization made the penalties for murder dependent upon the method of the killing?

Golf club/baseball bat/frying pan/tire iron/tricycle/pushed down stairs/blunt force trauma = what proper sentence? Would there be different sentences for domestic products versus commercial products versus objects found in nature?

Pillow/clasped hand/sponge/smothering = what proper penalty

Rope/cabling/piano wire/strangulation?

Knives/pitchforks/gardening equipment/pencils/stabbings?

Firearms/explosives/mechanical or chemical explosive devices?

Should we penalize more because a murderer kills with their own hands, physically - as opposed to artificially using a tool or mechanical, electrical or chemical means?

See how fucking ridiculous all this sounds?

Yeah, about like your summation above. fart

what the fuck are you talking about? What does any of what you said have to do with what I said?
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, May 05, 2013 9:20:17 AM

TheCrimsonKing wrote:

what the fuck are you talking about? What does any of what you said have to do with what I said?

My obviously ridiculous spittle of words jumbled together makes as much sense as your various rants and stupidity. Case closed.

Next!

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:15:48 PM

Lets take it up a notch.

Fear, buy, fear, buy, fear, buy. Talk about ridiculous spittle.
Posted: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:37:31 PM

I think the gun debate is as good a discussion as any we've had in the U.S. Full of passion and belief...whatever your belief may be. What brings the discussion down is when one spews their beliefs "unsupported". Then spew "ad hominum" crap and won't discuss what he disagrees with about your POV. Instead, these kind of bloggers say "you haven't given me anything to debate" and then puts you down with more "ad hominum" jabs. This is an infantile approach to any discussion and it cheapens any thread.

Addressing what Nicole said..."IT'S TOO LATE for the USA to backtrack. It's now totally impossible to control....I disagree. First, understand that the govt. (be it the Obama's administration or any other) is NOT going after the guns. They are smart enough to know they can't get away with something that drastic. But they can make small changes that may lead to just a little bit of safety and control. In my opinion, a little bit of change can be a big step in trying to spare somebody's life without taking the 2nd amendment right to bear arms away. And lets face it....any amendment can and do, get amended. The first amendment right to free speech was amended. It is illegal to yell "Fire" in a theater. Basically...saying that is a first amendment right. But there is amendments against that kind of behavior and the pokey is where you'll find yourself to sort out the hows and whys of how you got there if you rely on your first amendment right to free speech. And as you know, Australia changed their gun laws successfully. Japan did as well. Here in America gunlovers will get in your face and scream "when guns are illegal only criminals will have guns." I love watching the veins in these peoples foreheads fill in anger and burst. At the same time their eyes are rolling in their heads in a psychotic craze.

There is a need for background checks to be improved in America. That is the change I believe can and should be accomplished.
Posted: Friday, May 10, 2013 10:53:19 PM

There are "buy back" programs in the US, at least one I am aware of is here in Miami-Dade County, Florida. But, yeah, pretty much a one hand clapping scenario.

As to it being to late? I hope it never is, and count on fellow human beings to actually value life more than Lobbyist monies. Yes, it may be a farfetched dream, but we must continue so that there is actual peace, and not live in a world where peace is just a dream. Where being polite comes from a respect for another person and not because they are armed.

The US has since the Civil War spent more money on armaments, than on feeding the citizens that are starving within its borders, and there are more guns than there are gun owners. Please can the welfare argument, we're talking about guns versus food. Many in the US are tired of the minority yet well financed NRA/Gun enthusiast, and equally tired of the call for rights, when the right to not be hungry and once in a while need medicine is scoffed at.

Don't give up on us. Maybe one day we'll stop espousing peace and democracy, and actually practice it, without force.