Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Stolen Audios and Stories Options · View
Mazza
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:34:44 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,048
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
I know it's a bit of a permanent problem, but I've only today found a load of my audios posted on another site...

http://www.podcasts.com/lush_stories_-_latest_sex_stories/page/

They have us all: Saga, Poppet, Shylass, Me, CG etc etc.

Now, while they DO mention Lush stories - there is no link or anything and they do not credit the writers either. They have just about every audio on Lush posted there, not linked, but actually posted on their site.

I've asked them to remove or credit me, other than a bog-standard acknowledgment of my complaint, I've not heard back yet.

http://sexviponline.blogspot.co.uk/

None of my stories are here, but CG, Sprite, Frank_Lee and many many more are...


I was told about this one by a friend, but I can't view it as I don't have an Android, but apparently there are a load of us on it too - I've complained to google and received an automated response, but nothing else as yet - apparently there are a load of lushies on there

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iStoryMedia.EroticStories&hl=en

Can anyone make any other suggestions here?
Saga
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:45:05 AM

Rank: Sergeant Turnip

Joined: 6/7/2012
Posts: 5,006
Location: Canada
I am so mad right now I can't think straight.


http://www.lushstories.com/stories/quickie-sex/rye-and-ginger.aspx
sprite
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:48:51 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,662
Location: My Tower, United States
Poppet
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:49:12 AM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,259
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
Are you kidding me? I have people stealing my work, and I have people claiming I steal others work. Are people so damn stupid? They have nothing else better to do than to steal other peoples hard work? How is this even possible. I'm so tired of this happening. I don't ever know what to do, other than deal with it. It pisses me off so damn bad. Our stories and audios NEED to be protected better.

CurlyGirly
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 9:57:01 AM

Rank: CurlyFries

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 1,779
Location: United States
Mazza wrote:
I know it's a bit of a permanent problem, but I've only today found a load of my audios posted on another site...

http://www.podcasts.com/lush_stories_-_latest_sex_stories/page/

They have us all: Saga, Poppet, Shylass, Me, CG etc etc.

Now, while they DO mention Lush stories - there is no link or anything and they do not credit the writers either. They have just about every audio on Lush posted there, not linked, but actually posted on their site.

I've asked them to remove or credit me, other than a bog-standard acknowledgment of my complaint, I've not heard back yet.

http://sexviponline.blogspot.co.uk/

None of my stories are here, but CG, Sprite, Frank_Lee and many many more are...


I was told about this one by a friend, but I can't view it as I don't have an Android, but apparently there are a load of us on it too - I've complained to google and received an automated response, but nothing else as yet - apparently there are a load of lushies on there

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iStoryMedia.EroticStories&hl=en

Can anyone make any other suggestions here?


Just with that link you posted, I see my "Where's the Remote" on the their home page along with one of DD's and Sprite's stories I think. I also searched their site and can't seem to find a way to contact them. Am I missing something? cussing


I also contacted the other site about the audios.


http://9erotica.com/mobile/read/49262


This site also has my story "The Conference Call" and don't see a way to contact them either. angry9

Do you just roll over and play dead? confused5



It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?



Poppet
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:01:15 AM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,259
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
They have every last audio I have. The Podcast one does. I wrote them a message saying..

I have been told my stories are on your site, I've looked for myself. Please remove them ALL, I did not give you or anyone else to put these on here. This is the only time I am asking.
Mistress and a submissive
101 words from me
Master Gets what Master wants
I'm Not yet gone, but forgotten
Faded Memory
The things you do to me
Soon enough
Alone
I wonder
The way you always
I miss
A naughty slut gets punished
Road trip tease

These are all MINE, I wrote them for LushStories.com. I don't want them on your site, you've never asked for my work to be put here. So, remove them. NOW. Thank you.

Poppet

.....
They also have a lot of GingerKitty's work. I can tell by the titles.

Mazza
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:03:41 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,048
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Poppet wrote:
Are you kidding me? I have people stealing my work, and I have people claiming I steal others work. Are people so damn stupid? They have nothing else better to do than to steal other peoples hard work? How is this even possible. I'm so tired of this happening. I don't ever know what to do, other than deal with it. It pisses me off so damn bad. Our stories and audios NEED to be protected better.


I'm not sure if we CAN protect them better - certainly, I know that Lush are very much on the ball when it comes to stuff like this...

With regard to following up stolen stuff, I think it's about as useful as rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic and as soon as you get them taken down (fnarr), they go up somewhere else (FNARR)

Question though - How important and effective is it to have copyright information on our stories and profiles? Does that actually make any difference?
(and I haven't looked, but is there a thread on Lush that we can refer to in order to do this effectively? - Can someone please add a link to that if they know of one?)

I don't know, for some reason, stealing stories is bad enough and has always happened, but stealing our voices? That's just fucking low!! I'm sure that if these sites contacted us and asked our permission to do it, it would be much better...

dontknow

So, of course we are all pissed off about this, but what can we actually DO about it?

Ideas?
DikDango
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:05:13 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/13/2013
Posts: 765
Location: United Kingdom
sprite wrote:
yay! someone's stealing my stories again!


You're so funny, i like you :-)

Poppet
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:09:55 AM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,259
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
Mazza wrote:
I'm not sure if we CAN protect them better - certainly, I know that Lush are very much on the ball when it comes to stuff like this...

With regard to following up stolen stuff, I think it's about as useful as rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic and as soon as you get them taken down (fnarr), they go up somewhere else (FNARR)

Question though - How important and effective is it to have copyright information on our stories and profiles? Does that actually make any difference?
(and I haven't looked, but is there a thread on Lush that we can refer to in order to do this effectively? - Can someone please add a link to that if they know of one?)

I don't know, for some reason, stealing stories is bad enough and has always happened, but stealing our voices? That's just fucking low!! I'm sure that if these sites contacted us and asked our permission to do it, it would be much better...

dontknow

So, of course we are all pissed off about this, but what can we actually DO about it?

Ideas?


I know that Lush is, but they stole ALL of my audios. I sent them a message, but I'm sure it'll go unnoticed. I downloaded the app for the one for androids but don't see my work on there. It doesn't have many stories but looks a bit like Lush, is set up like Lush in ways.

It makes me sick to think they steal our work, but you're right even our VOICES. That is so low. I'm livid. I'm sorry I can't take this as light hearted as other people, I don't like this at all.

Poppet
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:13:44 AM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,259
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
At least I got an e-mail from them saying they got my e-mail.

Now lets see if they respond back, and remove my stories.

I suggest you ALL do the same, so they take us seriously.



Mazza
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:14:37 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,048
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
I know it's awful guys, but let's keep calm about it - I'm sure that together and under Lush's welcoming wings, we can do something about it?

I did a quick search and found this link which has useful info regarding what to do - but like CG said, if there are no contact details, then it becomes tricky...

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/cs/legalmatters/a/websitetheftjb.htm


Anyway, that link is worth a read
Coco
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:17:34 AM

Rank: Story Lover

Joined: 7/22/2011
Posts: 4,443
Location: Fantasy City, United States
I'll post something here that can help. As many of us that take action, the better. Please give me a few minutes to gather the information.

Liz
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:23:47 AM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 4,705
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
Unfortunately, despite everyones best efforts, staying on top of these story thefts is like trying to hold back the tide.
Lush contact these sites with takedown requests and notifications of copyright infringement on a regular basis but some are harder to contact that others.
For sites without direct contact details, your only option is to contact their hosting company and report them.
This can usually be done with a WHOIS search (You can Google this for more information but basically it is just a search which will give you some additional details about a domain. Things like nameserver details from which you can work out who the hosting company is).

You can get irate and spend hours chasing these bastards down if you wish but believe me, it takes a lot of time and effort.
New ones spring up all the time.

As angry as it makes me personally to see writers work stolen, (and in this case their voice recordings too!) there is nothing you can do except to continue to write to them.

*heads over to the rage cage...*


Mazza
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:28:49 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,048
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Thanks Liz and Coco!!

I know that Lush work very hard on this and that the problem is endemic - We've seen so many sites pinching our hard work!

Again though, how important is our copyright info? I know that some of the stolen authors DO have that info - does it help when it comes to asking for its removal?
Poppet
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:32:27 AM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,259
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
Mazza wrote:
Thanks Liz and Coco!!

I know that Lush work very hard on this and that the problem is endemic - We've seen so many sites pinching our hard work!

Again though, how important is our copyright info? I know that some of the stolen authors DO have that info - does it help when it comes to asking for its removal?


I have a copyrights thing, but it's nothing "legal" I just put something up there. I'm not even sure how effective that even is. I have it because it's my work, but it's not legal. Not in the law sense, at least I don't think? I don't even know how that works.
dontknow

Coco
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:35:17 AM

Rank: Story Lover

Joined: 7/22/2011
Posts: 4,443
Location: Fantasy City, United States
Alright gang, here we go. But like Liz has said, this is a very long and tedious process but if enough of us do it, maybe we will get results.

This is a guide that we use to try to keep our content here or at least have them honestly contact Nicola for permission to link. Good luck, if you undertake this project to get your intellectual property removed please keep us posted on your progress.

a) check their whois details - go to http://www.whois.com/whois/armyslags.com

b) write to every one of the email addresses you find on there (may be one or many), entitling the message DMCA Takedown Notice - Stories Stolen From Lushstories.com (or words to that effect), demand that all our content is removed immediately. Failure to comply will result in legal action being taken against them.

c) write to their host / registrar (often 2 different companies, easy to figure out from the whois) - it looks like armyslags.com use NAMESECURE.COM only. Find a report abuse link or contact us one. Show lots of examples of where they appear on both sites. Make sure the stories have appeared on lush first!

d) go to google and file a DMCA notice, put as many examples of stolen pages as you can on there: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dmca-notice?pli=1&

If you are unsure a site is stealing content, post in these forums to check.

I wouldn't go hunting for sites that are stealing our content, you'll probably find there are hundreds of them. The same goes for any other large story site, there's no way to stop these thieves.

Adding a line to the bottom of each story may help a little:

This story is © *Membername*. If you are reading it anywhere other than Lushstories.com with this note attached, it has been posted without the author's permission.

Liz
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:35:52 AM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 4,705
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
Mazza wrote:
Thanks Liz and Coco!!

I know that Lush work very hard on this and that the problem is endemic - We've seen so many sites pinching our hard work!

Again though, how important is our copyright info? I know that some of the stolen authors DO have that info - does it help when it comes to asking for its removal?


In a nutshell? No.
These sites are operating illegally.
They copy and paste our stories to bolster their own site content. This in turn boosts their SEO, which in turn improves their visibility on search engines which then results in increased web traffic.
Once they hit a certain number of visitors per month, they then place adverts on their site and earn ad revenue 'per click'.

The real pain in the ass?
Most of these sites pay a premium to their hosting company for a service called 'Whois Privacy Protection' effectively removing any usable contact information from the general public.


Mazza
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:39:48 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,048
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Thank you guys!

Oh and apologies in advance for clogging up the story queue when I start adding the © line at the bottom :s
Coco
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:40:39 AM

Rank: Story Lover

Joined: 7/22/2011
Posts: 4,443
Location: Fantasy City, United States
Copyrighting helps very little. But honestly, most of them don't care. It will only deter those with morals.

Copyright information: http://www.copyright.com/content/cc3/en/toolbar/education/resources/copyright_basics.html

Liz
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 10:45:49 AM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 4,705
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
Poppet wrote:


I have a copyrights thing, but it's nothing "legal" I just put something up there. I'm not even sure how effective that even is. I have it because it's my work, but it's not legal. Not in the law sense, at least I don't think? I don't even know how that works.
dontknow


Hi Poppet,

Copyright is real and it is legal.

Quote:
All an author has to do is claim his or her work, and it is therefore copyright. He or she has 5 years since unauthorized publication to say, "I made that" just about anywhere to anyone, and it is copyright as long as he or she really created it, regardless if there is a copyright notice or not.


By stating on your stories that they are 'yours', you have enforced this copyright and are therefore legally protected.
Not that those websites care. cussing

ADDITIONAL: Decided to post a link to the website that Copyright info came from, it's interesting reading!
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/copyright


Poppet
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:01:27 AM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,259
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
Liz wrote:
By stating on your stories that they are 'yours', you have enforced this copyright and are therefore legally protected.
Not that those websites care. cussing

ADDITIONAL: Decided to post a link to the website that Copyright info came from, it's interesting reading!
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/copyright


So, I can say "These are written by Poppet for LushStories.com only, don't steal them asshole, or you won't like me." and that is legal? lol Not that I'd say that but simply making a copyright as simple as that, IS legal?

Mazza
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:07:42 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,048
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
Thanks Liz and Coco, that's great advice and for the record, I've updated my copyright info and it doesn't need to be re-submitted to be added to the story!!

You just check the copyright box and it doesn't need to be verified at all!!

(collective sigh of relief from the story mods!) read2
Liz
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:49:50 AM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 4,705
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
Poppet wrote:


So, I can say "These are written by Poppet for LushStories.com only, don't steal them asshole, or you won't like me." and that is legal? lol Not that I'd say that but simply making a copyright as simple as that, IS legal?


Yep :)


Liz
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 11:52:05 AM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 4,705
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
Mazza wrote:
Thanks Liz and Coco, that's great advice and for the record, I've updated my copyright info and it doesn't need to be re-submitted to be added to the story!!

You just check the copyright box and it doesn't need to be verified at all!!

(collective sigh of relief from the story mods!) read2


Excellent!
Thank you for letting us know, Maz :)
Sound advice folks - fill out the copyright info in your account settings and tick the box on your stories as well.


Poppet
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:02:30 PM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,259
Location: You Inspire Me, United States
I fixed mine also. Didn't need much of a change but added a few things, and I always tick it when I submit a story. :)

Thank you mods, for keeping us as safe as you can from these asshats.

Delphi
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:41:28 PM

Rank: Story Verifier

Joined: 6/30/2012
Posts: 1,371
Location: United States
Thanks to Mazza for the heads up, and a big notworthy to Coco and Liz for their research and expertise!



The Delphi/Dirty_D collaboration - a winner of the Series Award!
nicola
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 3:52:03 PM

Rank: Matriarch

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 25,563
Location: The Orgasmatron
Everyone needs to calm down a little.

1) Podcast directories, like podcasts.com, are great places to get free links back to lushstories.com. We submitted our podcast RSS feed to a number of such directories, about 5 years ago. It's a good way to get free traffic.

Those directories, are meant to give full credit to the narrator, ie, a full link back to the page, from which the audio was taken.

It seems our "friends" at podcasts.com, no longer do that.

They mention us, but at the same time, there's no link. I don't like their tagging either, it has our main competitor's site in there.

I will write to them today, saying that unless they give us a link back from each page which has our audio on it, they should remove all our stories.

Before "going off" in the forums about these kind of matters, it's always best to check with either myself or Gav first. The same goes for blogs and other sites that might be using our story RSS feeds to add story snippets to their sites, invariably they are using them in the correct way, and we get a link back.

2) I am aware of the google play thief, and we are working on it. I don't expect we or anyone else will get any joy from them. They knocked back our APP 3 times, which was set up to help protect authors from these kind of story thieves. Our app was rejected, yet the others remain. Make of that what you will. I argued with them until I was blue in the face about it, they simply ignore you after a while. Such a wonderful business practice...

Coco
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 4:05:54 PM

Rank: Story Lover

Joined: 7/22/2011
Posts: 4,443
Location: Fantasy City, United States
nicola wrote:


1) Podcast directories, like podcasts.com, are great places to get free links back to lushstories.com. We submitted our podcast RSS feed to a number of such directories, about 5 years ago. It's a good way to get free traffic.

Those directories, are meant to give full credit to the narrator, ie, a full link back to the page, from which the audio was taken.



The above is why I said this: This is a guide that we use to try to keep our content here or at least have them honestly contact Nicola for permission to link.

sprite
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 4:17:44 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 14,662
Location: My Tower, United States
nicola wrote:
Everyone needs to calm down a little.



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/hardcore/west-coast-games-part-one-the-beach.aspx
Liz
Posted: Saturday, May 18, 2013 4:34:04 PM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 4,705
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
nicola wrote:
Everyone needs to calm down a little.

1) Podcast directories, like podcasts.com, are great places to get free links back to lushstories.com. We submitted our podcast RSS feed to a number of such directories, about 5 years ago. It's a good way to get free traffic.

Those directories, are meant to give full credit to the narrator, ie, a full link back to the page, from which the audio was taken.

It seems our "friends" at podcasts.com, no longer do that.

They mention us, but at the same time, there's no link. I don't like their tagging either, it has our main competitor's site in there.

I will write to them today, saying that unless they give us a link back from each page which has our audio on it, they should remove all our stories.

Before "going off" in the forums about these kind of matters, it's always best to check with either myself or Gav first. The same goes for blogs and other sites that might be using our story RSS feeds to add story snippets to their sites, invariably they are using them in the correct way, and we get a link back.

2) I am aware of the google play thief, and we are working on it. I don't expect we or anyone else will get any joy from them. They knocked back our APP 3 times, which was set up to help protect authors from these kind of story thieves. Our app was rejected, yet the others remain. Make of that what you will. I argued with them until I was blue in the face about it, they simply ignore you after a while. Such a wonderful business practice...



My bad.
*holds hands up*

I probably should have made this clearer to everyone - please take note of Nicola's comments.
Not all websites are out and out thieving content.
Any questions or concerns should be raised with either Nicola or Gav first.


Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.